Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Enemy Archer Rapid Fire Dealing Insane Damage

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Acaelus Fireharp, Dec 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Elite Elven Archers in Superstition Canyon Control Point (fourth wave and over) instakill me with a single rapid fire, whilst wearing obsidian plate armor, and with 51 Resistance (Max 67%) and 82% Avoidance.

Furthermore they are killing me around 3 arrows into their rapid fire, which fires a total of 9 arrows at GM (or 10 arrows at level 125). I am not sure if there is a bug causing enemies rapid fire to ignore armor and avoidance but nothing seems to glance (although to be fair I only get about three attempts to glance before im dead).

If I am still mitigating 51 points on each arrow yet still loosing 686hp in three arrows, that means each of their arrows is striking for at least 279.66 hp.

If they are firing 9 arrows, this means they are dealing a mininum of 2517hp of damage each time they use rapid fire. If they are firing 10 arrows, that minimum goes up to 2796.60hp per use.

Thats pretty excessive, especially when you consider that waves have more than one Elite Elven Archer...

I also tested Sanctus Spine CP, and a normal kobald archer also one-shotted me with rapid fire there too.

[​IMG]

Peabo and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

3. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

@Lexie I don't wanna be a pain, but how is this one going? I feel its a control point ender and I've been looking forward to this for the longest time now.
    Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Peabo.

Chatele likes this.
  4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Can this be reproduced in latest QA? We are not seeing this occur in latest.

Please PM me directly with details so this issue isn't missed.

5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Attenwood Perhaps this is/was related to Chris's rapid fire discovery?

6. Attenwood

Did your combat logs indicate that it was rapid fire being used against you? Our designers have indicated that no enemy prefabs have been set up with "rapid fire" as a skill, so what's happening is very unlikely to be rapid fire.

7. Attenwood

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Hey @Attenwood - I've never experienced this personally - I just happened to see this thread, and saw Chris's blog post - so I thought it might be related to what @Acaelus Fireharp was reporting.

9. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

Hi @Attenwood

I will test on the latest build and see if it's still happening.
    As far a reproducing, it was happening pretty frequently, although no known trigger other than holding the CP and fighting.
    On the build I found it on, combat log was disabled (Bugged that one seperately) so I had no log info to examine. The only indication I had was rapid fire arrow SFX, and this text as the last comment made by a Kobold Archer as I died:

[​IMG]

I am presuming that "Rain of Arrows" means Rapid Fire, unless enemies have their own set of combat skills.

10. Attenwood

No skill. That's just flavor text for a bark. They would talk about a rain of arrows even if they were shooting you with auto-attacks.

11. Peabo

Peabo Avatar

Hi attenwood, I’ll test today after I finish work. Stuck here for another couple of hours lol

12. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

@Attenwood unable to reproduce in the current build, which is a good sign since it was happening very frequently before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.