Why did it have a button to upgrade my account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SynthMusic, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SynthMusic

SynthMusic Avatar

I bought the game back in July and I was under they impression that I wouldn't have to pay for upgrades.

2. Novia Property

Novia Property Avatar

You do not have to pay for content upgrade but you do have to pay if you want to go from a game access account only to a row or village level account. It is the same idea that you buy a software program and you get all the upgrades until you want to go to a new version Like MS Office 2013 to MS Office 2016.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Avatar

The advantage is that you can pay 40 usd less if you decide you want a tax free home bundle.
    ie. during a telethon, you can get a row bundle for an extra 180 usd that comes with a deed, prosperity tools, some stuff plus a house.
    (Comparing to buying a tax free row deed for 160-180 usd from another player.)

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Just as the others said you get the hole game for around $40 but if you would like to support the devs or would like to have some not game relevant gimmicks (you don’t need anything additional to play the game) you are free to give some money that is used to make the game for everyone more awesome. With this button the devs just remind you that there is that possibility nothing more and nothing less. No one will blame you if you stay with the basic starter pack. ;)

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

and what upgrades are you talking about? You can play the game and all the content but if you spent $40 for example you did not purchase a lot deed pledge that was the $275 pledge called an ancester pledge. If you are in game and you would like a place to stay or to explore the housing in Shroud of the Avatar we have a raffle for lots deeds, we have rentals and inns now some are rent free like mine, and we also have players offering free housing. So play the way you want and don't feel so limited because you did not purchase a pledge tier that offered housing. I am majoria in game and it would be my pleasure to assist you. Just send me a whisper I can help to catch you up.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=35139

3devious and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

the button is there as an Option, it is not required.

7. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Although you should definitely consider upgrading your pledge/account!

8. SynthMusic

SynthMusic Avatar

sounds like I am going to be a vagabond until I am sure that I am going to stay. Like I said before. College is a BIG time suck. It gets in the way of my bigger priorities like playing vid games.

Stundorn and Sara Dreygon like this.
  9. Nick

Nick Avatar

In the meantime, why not make Soryn Fields your home? There are many rooms available. You can write a thesis about south paladis while you are there. I'll make it prominently displayed. :D

Kabalyero, Nelzie and Stundorn like this.
  10. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Except agriculture ;)
    Why you are allways encouraging people to spent money?
    This sort of merchandising is really annoying and i doubt it will lead to more funds, but to more rejecting to donate to Portalarium :(
    Really, i dont want to point on you, but you do aggressive subversive merchandising all the time imo :confused:.
    It's just a game, glad to have people around and if you want buy something and support development, but allways remember it's just a game. And make sure you do not invest, but donate.
    Imho it's a huge difference if you expect something from an investment, because you can get really disappointed or if you donate to a project.
    Have Fun - Stun ;)

P.s. I recommend Nick Cold and Soryn Fields, but there are also other great spots and places.

Cordelayne and Nelzie like this.
  11. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Not sure where this is coming from. I'm just a dedicated fan of the game and devs and want to see shroud become a massive success! I've invested a goodly sum myself, so I practice what I preach!

12. SynthMusic

SynthMusic Avatar

Sorry it sounds great but I have become a Brittanier to serve Lady Solars' aspirations.

13. Nick

Nick Avatar

ah nice. a vagabond no more. :)

14. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I wasted (invested ?) 2+years of my life supporting UO for free during college - and then spun that on my resume to start an IT career that has included working in AAA gaming (stay away!) - my advice would be to devote yourself to school as much as possible - since most jobs require a degree to get in the door - but that’s all it’s useful for..your real life experience and knowledge, dedication, and willingness to work hard once you’re in is what will help you succeed :)

PS- meeting people on a game such as this or elsewhere is a great way to build your “network”. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people get their foot in the door because they were introduced by someone else / know somebody :)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Nick likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.