1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q1 2018 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mangar

Mangar Avatar

Looking good - full charge ahead!!

2. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Right, we will do a "restart" with our guild (with some adjustments).

First thing, I have set our Forum countdown to launchdate.
    Launch: 102 Tage 19 Stunden 35 Minuten 3 Sekunden :)

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Out of curiosity - (not trying to stir the proverbial poop) - I didn't see mounts/horse riding mentioned?

4. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

They were never part of the Episode 1 plan.

5. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

im looking forward with real good feeling....start layouting my pot....

and alrdy get some german player.....

the last releases was nice can´t await for launch now.... and my craftskills nearly my prefered launch targets :)

thx a lot

StarLord, Elwyn, K1000 and 5 others like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

we keep moving forward but there are a few items that have not been mentioned in ages -

Custom Avatars​

Custom Vendors​

3 Character​

these are three things the need to be nailed down

also the dyeing of items like Armor / clothing / furniture . . . .​

that is the 4th on a long list of things just sitting on a shelf.

POT decoration and housing decoration count (been awaiting performance issues ??????​

I KNOW - the statement - "Pledge Rewards: Pledge Rewards that have been built and have tech to support them are in the game; all other rewards are awaiting either content creation or tech support. You can find an updated list of these items in the known issues."

But this needs to be something that starts at least being mentioned and planned for - in accordance with that above statement not one new thing should have been added to the game. because of content creation or tech support. I know how income is generated but these about items have already been sold and or told where coming.

I am not saying stop making new things but at least please deliver some of the older items

7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

January, R50:
    February, R51:
    We also have three months to give concrete feedback, where improving is necessary. Let's do it together :)

8. Galadriel O'Sullivan

Galadriel O'Sullivan Avatar

Awesome news. This is going to be an incredible adventure. Look forward to 2018! Congratulations team, and thank you, thank you, thank you!

9. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Well Custom Avatars, Custom Vendors, 3 Characters were all in the OP of this thread you are typing in.

Dying Armor/Clothing/Furniture I don't remember from kickstarter but they are goals that have been talked about in ages. Sorry no handy link for you.

POT decoration count was recently significantly increased after recent performance gains.

10. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

Its just a marker in time. We will not stop any aspect of the development process... Its just time to invite in others.

11. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Huzzah!

12. AvatarGG

Thank you very much DarkStarr and Portalarium for all these years of hard work! A brilliant future awaits us!

13. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Well good news for you because I talked about all of those things in my post! So perhaps you would like to go actually read the post and then make this statement again? :)

RE: Deco count: While I don't mention it specifically it will go up with performance increases which I mention in EVERY release in Q1.

RE: Pledge Rewards:

R51:
    • Heraldry
    • Replenishing Box of Obsidian Training Accelerator Potions (replaces Early Skill Access)

R52:
    • Multiple Characters
    • Names on Gravestones, Domesday Book, Credits
    • Globe Deco (replaces Map Atlas)
    Post Launch: See the blurb at end where I list the rest in detailed list and commit to delivery by end of 2018

majoria70, StarLord, Toodles and 17 others like this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think this is a great point that is often overlooked.

Feedback is better when you play the game and provide real examples of things that could be improved. We've had years to do this, some of us have made more out of this opportunity than others. Just showing up saying you don't like stuff is not really actionable though. You need to work collectively with the development team to help them improve what the game is today, not what the game was in your mind 4 years ago or what someone else's game is that you played last night.

I hope now that we have a launch date the new players that join us will learn from the mistakes of the older players that failed to provide actionable feedback. The game can't be any better than what we make it together.

15. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I hope this is for adventuring pool ONLY.... if it works for crafting pool also its a slap on the face for people who wasted thousands upon thousands of ingots to level their crafting skills.... and now with a magical potion you can gm overnight with few hundred ingots ??

16. Lained

Lained Avatar

Bingo! :rolleyes:

17. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I dunno I doubt the new players gonna last as the issues why lot of people left in the first place haven't really been solved in many aspects like PVE reward cycle or any meaningful player interaction at all. Also Virtue still doesn't matter at all and there is no impact other than a color of an item you are wearing. In my book the game has improved a lot and I am not blind to that, but on the other hand the game has serious issues that I do not see adressed in this Q1 post. And deleting complaints or moderating didn't help the situation, it only got more outside attention on the flaws of the game which should sadden everyone :( But yeah sure invite others... It is not like the game hasn't had any coverage or attention in the past.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  18. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The truth is our progress needs to be "nullified" to some point to make the game start again... New players will level much faster in the future. Pretty sure about that. And it takes only an addition of 1 or 2 tiers or changes in the softcap to make your current stuff valueless and keep the promise to never wipe :)

19. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

In fearing over things like launch date and readiness, I totally failed to let this sink in:

PHYSICAL REWARDS SHIPPING. MY MAP MY MAP MY MAP.

EXCITEMENT!

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks @DarkStarr and @Lord British and all the @Devs who work so hard for this game. I can hear that most are really happy if March is the commercial release. I didn't quite read it like that and really would love a June or later commercial release (as long as we need to show this game off best), but I'm sure it will all work out and what do I know anyway. Thanks again, I know we are going to enjoy great success with this game. Together as testers giving feedback and this awesome team of Devs I know we can do it. :) Happy release 49 everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.