Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bounty Hunter

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by ErikRulez, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Killed some trolls on my normal commute and I found a bounty hunter. Apparently I had killed his bounty. He gave me the bounty slip to turn in. Pleasant surprise. It will be fun to see how much I get. :)

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm curious as to which encounters this happens in. Release instructions seem to imply lower tiered.. but higher tiered seems to make more sense? or both?

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I got the stag one in a Plains Encounter. You do have to be strong enough to kill obsidian stags to complete that one. I still have yet to turn in the slip.

Nelzie likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with your bounty rewward. ;D

Characters with quests have a chance (no guarantee) to appear at the end of the new two-stage creature-based encounters. First stage is tier 2 beasts, second stage could be as challenging as tier 5, tier 10, or maybe higher.

econner likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i think they need a logic pass on what "the end" consists of. just because i killed the darkstarr corpion doesn't mean there isn't a little one lurking at the edge somewhere.

[​IMG]

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yeah I saw this earlier this morning. :) Large grey wolf.. ok.. then timber.. wait that's different.. ok 3 elder wolves that's definitely new! :) No bounty hunter though. Maybe next time.

7. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Three bounties so far :). Two on trolls and one on a huge Corpion.

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

i have done 4 corpions and one stag.....all have prompted two of the npc's. Not all give special rewards...but the xp and gold are nice. Now trying to find the 3rd npc. Roaming animal encounters are falling far and away low on spawn. I did about 4 wolves and it never progressed. All started with elder wolves. Afraid to try the Dog. LOL. But with this new addition there needs to be some small increase in the spawn rate of encounters. I walked for an hour yesterday just to find one. So with the masses out there hunting they dont show much.....all i see are bandits and skels.

9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

@Sannio

Quick suggestion: When the bounty hunter comes out into the scene, put something on the players compass. I was looking specifically for this event to happen, but new players are probably going to miss it.

Questions:
    1. I'd like to join the bounty hunters guild and hunt down players. Any chance that could happen in the near future?
    2. Seems like the bounty masters should have new jobs for players but they don't. Plans to expand?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Hazard and Elwyn like this.
  10. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

I ran into a corpion encounter and at the end was approached by a researcher who wanted me to turn in a survey. Immediately upon exiting the encounter, another corpion popped up and I was drawn into a second encounter. Once that one was clear, another researcher approached me to ask me to turn in a survey. However, I did not actually get a second survey from the second researcher. It would be nice to be able to receive more than one quest item if it turns out to be the same quest for successive runs.

11. Sannio

The second researcher should have detected that you were already on the quest and not offered you a second one. I'd call that a bug.

12. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

Well, no, they didn't quite offer me one, which is why it's not exactly a bug. I am, however, saying that even though there are multiple scenarios, it is possible to have 2 of the same scenario back to back. In fact, out of the 6 scenarios I completed where a quest giver showed up at the end, 5 were researchers. Only one was a bounty hunter.

I am, however, saying that it would be nice and less of a pain in the butt to be able to accept multiple quest items and turn them in for those times when you're wandering around the overworld, possibly heading to a designated location to turn in a quest item you just got from one of these scenarios, and happen upon yet another overworld encounter and it turns out to be the same quest as before.

13. Sannio

I see what you're saying now. Thanks for the clarification.

There's currently a 16.7% chance you of having a researcher appear at the end of one of those encounters. Hopefully that's not too high a chance. It's my hope that I eventually add more "events" at the end of these encounters, which will reduce the chances of any one event even further. But, it might be a while before I can loop back and add more quest characters like the researchers.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  14. Sannio

Interesting ideas. Regarding the one quoted above, it's definitely a goal of mine to add quests specifically to the bounty masters at some point.

15. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Please do, any enhancements to the World Map are greatly appreciated :)

Lord Andernut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.