Cooking Books - Ingame Resource / Kochbücher - Rollenspielelement

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by CatweazleX, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I wrote some cooking books, currently this are 11 books.

The recipes within this books are all "real" recipes. You can add(learn) them to your recipe book by placing the ingredients to the upper right area of the cooking window and press craft. Once you have tried this, the recipe is added(learned).
    You need to place the exact amount of the named ingredients to discover the recipes.

The vendor (Matirals Buy and Sell) in front of the crafting station direct ahead of the spawn point in Veritas Sanctury and the Shadows Rest vendor in Shadows Rest - from spawn point go ahead, pass the news crier, and head left - sell these books.
    You can also contact me in game (/w Catweazle Waldschrath, ) to order the series. Or pm me here.

As a special, you can get the series as patterned version for 3 COTOs. By default they will patterned as cooking book, but can be patterned like you want.

If you start learn cooking it is recommend you get 'Cooking: Prepared Ingredients' and 'Cooking: Fish Recipes'. Once you reached a cooking level of 20 you can continue with 'Cooking: Bakery Recipes'. All other books usually demands a cooking level of 40 or higher.
    They may also looking good on the new kitchen wall rack or any other shelf. If you own a cooking station you may place them nearby to show what {you are | is} able to cook.

Over time the series will have 12 books. I hope to get them ready before end of the year. Once this is reached the series contains all 64 known recipes.

Code:
    Title                            Recipes   Costs (per recipe)  Remarks
    Cooking: Prepared Ingredients    14        280   (20)          discounted for young cooks
    Cooking: Fish Recipes             4        360   (90)          discounted for young cooks
    Cooking: Bakery Recipes           8        800  (100)          discounted for young cooks
    Cooking: Poultry Recipes          4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Mutton Recipes           4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Venison Recipes          4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Wetland Recipes          4        500  (125)          the only two recipes with int buff. Mages choice
    Cooking: Arachnid Recipes         4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Rabbit & Pumpkin Recips  4        500  (125)          the e in recipes is missing, due to length restrictions
    Cooking: Beef Recipes             4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Obsidian Recipes         8       1200  (150)
                                     --       -----------
                                     62       6140 (99.03)

Pagecount is recipe count plus inlead page.
    Except Prepared Ingredients that has 9 pages. Contains explanation how to discover recipes.

-----

Für die die den Klient deutschsprachig benutzen, gibt es die Kochbücher nun auch in deutsch. Sie sind ebenso bei den oben genannten Händlern verfügbar.

Die Rezepte in den Kochbüchern sind alle erlernbar. Hat man wenigstens einmal versucht sie nachzukochen, erscheinen sie im spieleeigenen Rezeptebuch. Hierfür müßen nur die angegebenen Zutaten und Menge in die obere Rechte Ecke des Kochfensters gezogen und "Herstellen" angeklickt werden.

Wer möchte kann die Kochbuchserie auch mit Muster versehen bestellen. Standardmäßig wird das Kochbuchmuster verwendet. Nach Wunsch kann aber auch ein anderes Muster aufgebracht werden.
    Der Preis hierfür beträgt 3 COTO.

Um die Bücher zu bestellen, mit oder ohne Muster, kann man mich einfach anflüstern (/w Catweazle Waldschrath, ), hier im Forum eine persönliche Nachricht hinterlassen oder einfach den Bestellwunsch inkl. Betrag an den spielinternen Briefkasten schicken.

Für das Erlernen der Kochkunst wird empfohlen sich die Bücher "Kochen: Vorbereitete Zutaten" und "Kochen: Fischgerichte" zu holen. Wenn das Kochtalent einmal 20 erreicht hat, fährt man mit "Kochen: Backwaren" fort. Alle anderen Bücher enthalten üblicherweise Rezepte die ein Kochtalent von 40 oder höher erfordern.
    Außerdem schauen sie auch gut auf dem Küchenregal aus. Dort zur Schau gestellt, eigenen sie sich hervorragend um zu zeigen das man kochen kann oder für andere als Informationsquelle.

Über die Zeit wird die Kochbuchreihe aus 12 Büchern bestehen und insgesamt die 64 bekannten Rezepte enthalten.

Code:
    Titel                            Rezepte   Preis (pro Rezept)  Bemerkungen
    Kochen: Vorbereitete Zutaten     14        280   (20)          Vergünstigt für junge Köche
    Kochen: Fischgerichte             4        360   (90)          Vergünstigt für junge Köche
    Kochen: Backwaren                 8        800  (100)          Vergünstigt für junge Köche
    Kochen: Geflügelgerichte          4        500  (125)
    Kochen: Hammelgerichte            4        500  (125)
    Kochen: Wildfleisch               4        500  (125)
    Kochen: Sumpfgebiete              4        500  (125)          Die einzigen beiden Rezepte mit Bonus für Intelligenz. Für Magier
    Kochen: Arachnidagerichte         4        500  (125)
    Kochen: Hase- & Kürbisgerichte    4        500  (125) 
    Kochen: Rindergerichte            4        500  (125)
    Kochen: Obsidianische Gerichte    8       1200  (150)
                                     --       -----------
                                     62       6149 (99.03)

Die Seitenanzahl ist Anzahl der Rezepte plus Einführungsseite
    Vorbereitete Zutaten hat 9 Seiten und enthält eine Anleitung zum erlernen von Rezepten.

-----

The original versions of the books are only available at the vendors listed in this post.
    Die Originalfassungen der Bücher sind nur bei den hier aufgeführten Händlern zu erwerben.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That is a great idea! I'll check them out, and I'll plan on getting the full cooking pattern series.

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I LOVE this idea @CatweazleX! These volumes would be invaluable to guilds with new members trying to learn recipes! @Cyin these are the recipe discover books I was talking about :)

If I purchase the pattern, can they be made multiple times?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    CatherineRose and CatweazleX like this.
  4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Thanks, i placed a bookshelf near the vendor in Veritas Sanctuary, this allows you to see how the books look like and what is inside.

You can't copy the pattern. The pattern must be applied to each book, one by one. Also the pattern are consumed for each book, you can use the pattern only for one book. Like the pattern for weapons and armor.

5. Tila Tenderfoot

Tila Tenderfoot Avatar

Thank you @CatweazleX for the books and @DJ Alleine Dragonfyre for the link. Here's my review of the cooking books:

All listed recipes are discoverable, each recipe includes skill requirement to craft the recipe, duration of the food buff, what the buff is, and cost for each recipe. The books are divided by categories: Fish Recipes (5 recipes), Prepared Recipes (13 recipes), Wetland Recipes (4 recipes), and so on. Each book is 5 pages long.
    At 500 gold/book, it seems like a fair price to me. It took a lot of work to put info from several sources together - SOTA recipe book and player inventory (stats for food).

My only suggestion would be to write a butchery book.

6. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Thank you for your review, @Tila Tenderfoot
    A butchery book would be boring, but maybe a book how to get the resources needed for cooking. This also would include butchery.
    I will consider this.

Regarding to your review, here is a list of the current prices + info:
    Code:
    Title                            Recipes   Costs (per recipe)  Remarks
    Cooking: Prepared Ingredients    13        260   (20)          discounted for young players. less infos per recipe
    Cooking: Fish Recipes             4        360   (90)          discounted for young players
    Cooking: Bakery Recipes           8        800  (100)          discounted for young players
    Cooking: Poultry Recipes          4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Mutton Recipes           4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Venison Recipes          4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Wetland Recipes          4        500  (125)          the only two recipes with int buff. Mages choice
    Cooking: Arachnid Recipes         4        500  (125)
    Cooking: Rabbit & Pumpkin Recips  4        500  (125)          the e in recipes is missing, due to length restrictions
                                     --       -----------
                                     49       4420 (90.2)

Pagecount is recipe count plus inlead page.
    Except Prepared Ingredients, this has 5 pages. It does not contain infos about buffs, costs or resources.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think that ?most? butchery recipes are not discoverable. Which has been bug reported several times since it seems such a strange concept but where no change has been made.
    I mean I can understand the exotic like dragon, but for things like Pig and Duck?
    Edit: was wrong see below.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

pork meat and duck meat are both flagged reteachable in my book.

DJ Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sweet! Then I retract that statement since they must have fixed it.

I will make a note for my hospitallers work.

DJ Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  11. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

For butchery simply "throw" the carcass on the table. Wolf, bear, crocodile and the obsidian ones are the only recipes that aren't re-teachable/discoverable.

This would be good. I don't know how many copies are out there. May i ask the ones who copied the books, to send at least 4k to my mailbox?
    4 series are sold until now. Many thanks to all buyers.

If the devs do something, i would have copy rules like the recipes.
    re-teachable = copyleft -> can freely copied
    teachable = copy once -> creator and "customer" can copy. No copy from a copy.
    not teachable = copyright -> only creator can copy

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    CatherineRose and Rentier like this.
  12. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Die Kochbücher gibt es nun auch in deutsch.

Stundorn and Rentier like this.
  13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I did not know this was possible. Completely agree that books should either be non-reprintable by anyone except the author and possibly a toggle for copyright restrictions or free to distribute.

Just bought the set for my kitchen! <3 them. I was very tempted to purchase the German set. Just lovely. Thank you @CatweazleX

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

How did you pattern the books?
    I never got a pattern by salvaging books and many books i have weren't salvagable at all :(

Rentier likes this.
  15. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Getting pattern through salvaging is bugged. You won't get any.
    Patterns are available at any good sorted NPC-Bookstore. You apply them to the books at the tailor crafting table.

Rentier likes this.
  16. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Ah really, good to know and good work, i allways wanted to do that by myself and allways teached people that cooking is all discovarable, but now you did it and i like it.

Und dann dachte ich, cool, machste das halt auf deutsch und jetzt ist auch das bereits erledigt. :)

Gute Arbeit, weiter so!

Have Fun - Stun

Rentier and CatweazleX like this.
  17. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Tja so ist das, wenn man alles auf die lange Bank schiebt, erledigt sich auch so ;)
    Und Danke für die Blumen, muß die fehlenden Bücher ja noch fertig bekommen.

Stundorn and Rentier like this.
  18. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

There are 2 new cooking books out there (+9 Recipes).
    All books are updated:
    • instead of required cooking proficiency the required cooking level is shown, since proficiency was removed
    • prices contains tool usage costs, now
    • "Prepared Ingredients" contains a brief manual for learning recipes and how to get cooking ingredients
    • some textual improvements
    -----

Es sind 2 neue Kochbücher erschienen. Neun weitere Rezepte.
    Alle Bücher wurden überarbeitet:
    • statt der erforderlichen Kochexpertise wird nun das erforderliche Kochtalent angegeben, da Expertise entfernt wurde
    • die Preise enthalten nun die Werkzeugabnutzungskosten
    • "Vorbereitete Zutaten" enthält nun eine Mini-Anleitung um Rezepte zu erlernen und wie man Kochzutaten bekommt
    • Textliche Überarbeitungen

Rentier and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  19. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

thanks a lot for your dictionary work to help future cooks

herzlichen Dank für deine zusammenstellung für zukünftige Köche

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  20. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

- Added Obsidian Boar Ribs and Boar Surprise to Cooking: Obsidian Recipes*
    - Changed recipes that uses Bottle Of Wine to Wine (Red and White)

*yes, they are discoverable, so you can learn them from the books

Added: Cooking: Obsidian Boar Recipes to the vendor. Containing only the two obsidian boar recipes. For the ones that already have the other six obsidian recipes.

(German version currently not stocked, please contact me)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Hazard and Rentier like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.