Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Health Bar bug is still here

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by FrostII, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

12/19/2017 8:01 PM
    Title: Health Bar bug is still here
    Reproduction Rate: Most always
    Blocker? no
    Details: This bug from R48 and before - is not fixed and persists, in spite of Patch 714 stating:
    It still won't fill.
    I would be happy to do specific tests on buffs if the bug team wishes.
    We must get this thing fixed... Send me a pm here or respond here with anything you'd like for me to try.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 12286
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.715.Date.12.18.17
    Area: The Rise
    Area Display Name: The Rise
    Loc: (-83.6, 50.0, 72.2)
    Debug: VGhlIFJpc2V8fCgtODMuNTY0LCA0OS45OTksIDcyLjE5MSl8KDAsIDAuNzMxLCAwLCAtMC42ODIpfC00MjUuNjU1MXwyNy40NjAwNHwxMS45MzQxMQ==

Antrax Artek likes this.
  2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

*Reads title of thread*
    Nooooooooooooooo!
    *falls to knees, cries at the sky*

@FrostII
    @Rentier

Either of you wearing artifacts we should know about?
    If someone can send me the exact repro steps on how to get it to happen 100% time that would be awesome. I can no longer repro the way I could before.

Either of you using any other buffs, like from the Earth tree maybe?

FrostII and Rentier like this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

This happened to me last night while in a corpion random encounter-- 852/853 at the time. I have the following skills involving health and strength:

Endurance-- level 100 (Heavy Armor);
    Inner Strength-- level 100 (Heavy Armor);
    Healing Touch-- Level 80 (Life);
    Sun Worship-- level 100 (Sun);
    Sun Eater-- level 100 (Sun);
    Strength of Earth-- level 100 (Earth);
    Bulwark of Earth-- level 100 (Earth);
    Healthy-- level 100 (Tactics);
    Train Strength-- level 100 (Tactics).

I have the following health and strength bonuses due to crafted armor:

White Iron Epic Plate Helm-- +20 health, +1.1 strength
    White Iron Epic Plate Chest-- +40 health
    White Iron Epic Plate Leggings-- +12.5 health
    White Iron Epic Plate Gauntlets-- +5 health
    White Iron Epic Plate Boots-- +7.5 health, +1.1 strength

@Lexie
    It happened again today during a daytime Corpion random encounter. I had case Inner Strength and Strength of Earth. I noticed my HP's at 801/802 when the Inner Strength had expired. I had taken damage from the Corpions.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  5. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Lexie in 716 with strength of Earth, Enlightment and Airs embrace and sunworship after 2h in sequanna colossus not happening so far... tomorrow i try again in elysium mines - BUT i only used Airs embrace and enlightment because i had enouth endurance so i only cast Earth of strength once yet
    Edit used strength of earth some more in Sequanna colossus now but still no discrepancy between max health and actuial max health

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I use Gaia's Heart (+10 Strength, +25 Earth Attunement) all the time.

7. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Yea the HP bug is still prevelent. Bezerkers Stance is a HUGE offender.... pretty much any strength buff is causing it.

8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I had this happen to me yesterday where I could only recover about 70% of my health. In the past when I have seen this happen it was maybe only 10% or less.

9. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm not having any luck reproducing using gaia's heart or berserk stance with any combination of the other buffs (dex, intel, strength.) In the past I could repro it by either dismissing or letting the buff wear off, then re-casting.
    If someone happens finds the step by step repro to what they are seeing, I'll give it a whirl.

FrostII likes this.
  10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Lexie
    One thing to remember in all this, is that it never happens right away. I always have to be fighting in a scene a while before it presents itself.
    Once it begins, it continually get's progressively worse until you leave the scene.
    The screenshot below was from last night at the Rise. I got busy and forgot to take a screenshot, when later I could only fill to about half my bar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  11. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

I did some more testing, at least to see if I could reproduce what I was seeing (which I hope is the same as what everyone else is seeing) and I was able to find a reliable way to test this and reproduce the effect consistently through repeated damage and heal cycles. Then I went ahead and tested different scenarios to see if I could narrow down what the cause is.

I apologize in advance if this gets long and convoluted. I suppose hindsight being 20/20, I should have recorded my testing, but I suppose I can still do that if it will be needed.

Basically, I started from bare minimum and eliminated anything I didn't want to skew the results, so I actually had no buffs and took off all of my armor. The only thing active was Sun Worship during the day (and at night Moon Worship, but Dex does not affect HP so I figured that wouldn't factor in). So I also tried testing during the day and during the night. Sun Worship, for my skill level, adds a mere 12 HP during daylight hours. My current maximum health is 480 with no buffs or armor during the night. During the day, it is 492 with no buffs or armor on.

To test, I basically entered a zone and cast Tap Soul on myself until I was at or below about 100 HP and then depending on the testing scenario I would either let myself heal up over time, or use heal potions, or heal spells to heal up to max health and then note after how many rounds of this sort of damage/healing cycle would my health bar start to show less than my maximum health. Just to save time, I will state right now that it didn't matter whether I let myself heal naturally or whether I used some other means to speed healing, the bug would show (or not) reliably using either method.

As for my findings, during the night I was unable to get the issue to manifest (note: Sun Worship not active). I tried up to 16 rounds of damaging then healing myself and could not get the bug to show. However, during the day was another story (when Sun Worship was active). Consistently, I was able to get the bug to show after 6 or 7 rounds. Once the bug manifested, my health would read 491/492. Casting any further heals, using any further heal potions, and even casting further buffs at that point will not raise my health past 491 despite my max health limit rising to 520 with Strength of Earth for instance.

I then tested again with my armor on because I noticed that I could manifest the bug a lot quicker with it on.... normally only 3 rounds or so would be required during the daytime. I also noted that the only piece of armor I have that has any +Health bonus on it is my helm (ya, I enchanted everything myself and am still working on raising enchanting so not every piece has high quality bonuses on it yet). I tested during the night with every piece of armor but my helm and was unable to get the bug to manifest after 10 or so damage/heal rounds. Then after putting my helm on (which adds 5.6 HP) and testing at night, I was able to get the bug to show after just 2 rounds.

So, after giving it some thought, it is my conclusion that anything, whether it be a skill (Sun Worship), a buff, or enchantment (+HP enchant), that provides a temporary raise to your max health will cause this bug to manifest after sufficient damage/healing cycles have taken place. As I stated, with my armor, sometimes all it takes is 2 damage/heal cycles and it will show up which could be why some people see this immediately, and for others it takes time to show. Maybe it has to do with the fractions of HP that most temporary buffs provide.. it's not always a whole number... my helm and its 5.6 HP bonus for instance. And as has been said prior, it gets progressively worse as you continue to partake in the damage/heal cycle.

I hope this is useful in narrowing things down. I'm also hoping using this you can possibly reproduce it in a testing scenario.

Rentier and FrostII like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Good tests, Spaceguy ! ;) Are you seeing the disparity between what you show (and what your max is) ever get progressively worse as you stay in the scene ?

Since some of us replenish our buffs (Strength of Earth for example) constantly during fighting, it always gets progressively worse the longer we take damage and stay in the scene.
    I also have both Health and Strength on my armor.............

@Lexie
    You'll have to stay in a combat scene and take damage and have health/str buffs from something on during this time......... The easiest might be Strength of Earth. (keep replenishing it).

Here's my bar after about an hour fighting/buffing/fighting....... Heal forever and it won't budge.

[​IMG]

13. SpaceNinjaPirate

SpaceNinjaPirate Avatar

That's what I've noticed as well. Stacking a buff on top of an already "frozen" health number only makes the disparity look worse. That's not to mention that the loss of individual points of HP continues as damage/heal cycles continue as well.

FrostII likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Lexie
    After a little buffing, my max health is 547 but right now it won't go above 500.

[edit] The longer I played the lower my maximum health would go. By the time I left, it wouldn't go above 497.

Here's a screenshot of it:

[​IMG]

discipleofweb likes this.
  15. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah same two buffs and I also have an HP gap. I think it happens when Inner Strength wears off.

16. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

17. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I had another HP OBOB today, 801/802 health. It occurred during a corpion random encounter. The encounter started at night and ended during the day, so Sun Worship and Sun Eater came into play. I cast, and recast, Strength of Earth so it remained in effect from first cast until I left the encounter. I also cast Inner Strength at least twice. I cast Healing Touch both during and outside of combat. As is always the case, I noticed the HP bug when all combat ended and I could pay attention to other things.

18. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Two items in the Mysterious Swamp today.

I entered the Swamp at night, and case Strength of Earth. I cast no other spells, though Sun Worship and Sun Eater came into play. I ended up with 801/802 HP's after some number of combats. This went down to 758/758 when Strength of Earth expired.

I stood on the big rock near the main entrance to the scene and cast Strength of Earth and Inner Strength. This was done in an effort to verify I did not cast Inner Strength during the above scenario. What I did not expect was my HP's to be capped at 730/### after the castings. I was on top of a large rock surrounded by wolves that cannot climb it, and thus took no damage from anything. I have no spells that damage me. My HP's were 730/827 (with both Strength spells, but at night-- so no Sun Worship); 730/802 (after Inner Strength expired, but during the day-- so Sun Worship was in effect); and 730/758 (after Strength of Earth expired, with Sun Worship in effect). Leaving the scene reset my health to 758/758, which it should be during the day with only Sun Worship in effect. My base HP's at night, with no Sun Worhsip in effect, but with my armor bonuses is 733/733.

19. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Another case for me today. Enter the Mysterious Swamp at night. Cast Strength of Earth, only. Enter combat with the various mobs in the scene. Notice, after some time has passed, that my HP's are 801/802 during the day. Enter another combat round. Notice HP's at 800/802 afterward. Notice that Strength of Earth is about to expire, so let it. HP's go to 758/758, which is what I expect during daylight with Sun Worship in effect.

20. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

As an addendum to the post above. I stayed in the scene through the rest of one day, overnight, though midday the next day. I did not cast any more Strength related spells. So only Sun Worship and Sun Eater were in effect. Well, that and my armor bonuses. I noticed that my health was at 757/758 at dusk, after some combat. Then it was 731/758 early the next day after more combat. It ended at 729/758 when I left the scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.