Bludgeon needs an urgent fix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Dec 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Greetings,

After the mass conversion of players to polearms caused by the exaggerated dominance of this weapon, especially in pvp , I decided to move my pool from polearm to bludgeon.

-Reduce your healing from more than 50% stacking punctures, skewer and applying festering poison
    -Polearm's attacks can't be blocked by shield
    -Puncture cannot be avoided
    -Damage over time
    -Movement imparing effects, pull and root
    -Knockdown with Leg Sweep
    -One of deadliest aoe weapon's skill, Spinning attack
    -100% critical damage bonus with Bec de Faucon
    -Extended Range
    -25% poison bonus on 1h spears
    -Damage is very very high

Reasons of this choice are many, i don't like easy gameplay and i'm always ready to meet new challenges.

I tested bludgeon for some days (vs dummy and vs players) and there is something wrong, i'm not sure but i think this can be releated to weapon strength change (and "Breaker" passive skill).
    Unfortunately not being already a good school, bludgeon, with this new problem is near to unplayable.

Comparing myself to others players with same level and skills but using swords and polearms i feel like a new entry player using level 40 skills, and this make the game really unbalanced for bludgeon users.

For example: I wasn't able to crit more than 100 using firefly on a guildmate but i received more than 400 damage from him using 1h polearm without firefly.
    To be sure i tested many times with different people but sadly the result is the same also on pratice dummy.
    The only decent damage i can do comes from Sneak Attack.

Another worth mentioning point is the fact that a bludgeon user usually plays with no damage resist and no avoidance stats using Berserk and Berserker stance, see these damages is really demotivating.

I already used bludgeon some releases ago, and damage was really good with lower skills level.

To help everyone to understand the situation i collected some screenshots so you can get a clearer vision (Sorry for the low resolution but i'm not playing on my main machine because of technical problems).

Please @Chris i hope you can investigate this issue soon cause at the moment i find myself really stuck.

[​IMG]
    If you have problems reading numbers click on the image
    [​IMG]

Useful link: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...r-healing-per-single-attack-cast.82676/page-6

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I think Chris mentioned bludgeon as something that needs fixing , but i believe its low priority because not many people actually use it..compared to other skill trees... maybe you'll get lucky and will get adressed next patches.

3. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Good read, but I think bludgeons are supposed to be a support/tank weapon. Swords and polearms best for solo for obvious reasons. Agree bludgeons needs more love, but what we need are unique roles/skills so I won't see more damage/crit skills for another weapon when we already have two melee weapons filling this role.

We have a high level bludgeon user in my guild and he is happy now, but he had a bad experience when he was low-mid level due to all misses and low damage.

pd: "Skills and Combat" subforum fits better for these topics imo.

jammaplaya likes this.
  5. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

I don't think Rada, Berserk from bludgeon tree debuff 50% avoidance and near all passive are for damage instead of defense, i find hard to think it's a tank school.
    This description fits better for polearm, they have a dedicated passive skill for tanking.

belijaal and Elrond like this.
  6. Rada Torment

I said support/tank role :) and it works good in party , ok maybe not tank but support, but hard to think bludgeon is a damage dealer weapon, thats my point of view.

If polearms are our tank weapon, why polearms are the best pvp melee weap now? looks confusing, not sure if is good for the game to add dmg/crit innates to any weapon.

7. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Polearm has everything Tanking/Pvping/Damages/Debuff/CC/Support/Aoe/Range/Crits, don't ask me why, i'm still shocked, just for this i unlearned the entire tree.

PS: Please don't go offtopic

belijaal and Sara Dreygon like this.
  8. Rada Torment

[​IMG]

Now you saying this...is true. I don't think this is good for the game, maybe we need revamp weap trees and change some skills.

9. illuminat

illuminat Avatar

I play with a bludgeon from the very beginning. I have 100+ lvl and it was with 49 release that something broke. The damage fell about 2 times! Before everything was fine.
    At the moment my game has stopped ^(

10. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

HAHA.. I should sell bottles of "squeak". Tis indeed the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. I think it'd be safe to say I was the loudest constant thorne in @Chris 's side re: polearms. I was the brunt of many a polearm joke.... you know.. Hey Sol.. you get that "King of the Lamearms" title yet. I (mostly) stuck it out though...the tree just suits me. It finally got some VERY much needed love, thanks Chris although I seriously lol now as I watch people flocking to it as it's become the new FOTM. Heh my only fear is that the next thing coming will be cries of 'polearms are OP'.. which would be utter BS... they're just coming into a balanced state.

Balance my friend... Balance. Oh and another thing; we need a pendulum that's a bit less bipolar.

As to the OP.. @Antrax Artek I feel your pain....

Numa, Sara Dreygon and Elrond like this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Maybe it's time to fire up my polearm character.

12. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

LOL support

13. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Bludge is still working perfectly fine for me in PvE, match's up one to one with my archery (GM's in all of them). I think archery and bludge are pretty well balanced now. I have no idea about PvP but I my guess is that we are probably in another situation with Polearm where its once again too uber (another "math" failure") .... especially if so many "I play the uber skill of the week" type people are all switching to Pole arm (to be followed in a month with 100 angry people when its balanced again).

The ever turning circle of people who play the uber skills of the week....

...typical dev maneuver though, make the skill uber again for a while to get people to move to it to test it out, get a bunch of data then balance it back. Some day people will realize that its really just rock paper scissors.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  15. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

These words can fit in near 90% of forum's threads. This is not the right one, so please avoid OT.

About bludgeons depends what kind of pvming are you talking about.
    If you mean killing mobs i don't think there is a single school that can't do it, i've seen pure sun and moon mages going great.
    If you're talking about boss killing and dps please send us some repro so can be easy to compare.

I tried myself some hours ago versus dragon, i need more than 15 mins to kill it with new bludgeon issue (Main bludg. skill 110, all used skills over level 97-99, passives 77) compared to less than 3 mins using swords (Main sword skill 90, all used skills at level 80, passives under 60) and around the same time some days ago (2 mins and something but with higher skills) using polearm, doesn't sound like "balanced" if not for swords and polearms.

PS: I'm always available for testing in game, so feel free to contact me. It can be useful to add new details about the issue.

Useful link: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...r-healing-per-single-attack-cast.82676/page-6

Solazur, belijaal and illuminat like this.
  16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think your passives in bludge are far to low right now. You will see bludge get exponentially better as they go up. I have no problem taking out big mobs, just as fast as I can with my bow.

[​IMG]

17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

18. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

I think blug could use some love but .... @Sara Dreygon Dis-agree's with me .... Sarah has roughly the same Blug skills and with Her STR ,,,, Needless to say Blug requires insainely high STR but once you have that your performance is insane.

Solazur likes this.
  19. eli

eli Avatar

My experience with bludgeon is all PvP. Since I use ankh/wand/staff, I decided to experiment.

I got crushing blow up to 85, figuring there must be something redeeming about the tree to compensate for the lack of dps.

But it turns out, I can't even land a stun 10% of the time. It is strictly worse than all the air magic stuns.

((I know people will say that's by design, mages shouldn't get any advantage from weapon skills. I think that perspective could be valid, except that weapon users have no problem using 90% of the good magic spells.))

20. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Lol that's exactly what me and @illuminat were talking about, ur damage are really really low (with near all skills to 100) u spent more than 2 mins killing a 3000 hp mob, in the same time or less sword/polearm user can kill a dragon. Please guys take a look at this video cause it's really useful to explain all. Thank you very much for the share.

Are we still talking about R49? I don't think 200 str is low :)

I think many have not focused the problem and the goal of the thread.
    You know i'm not the one that start complaining thread, if i opened this, there are some good reasons, it's not a complain but an urgent fix request for a issue born in R49. I don't want other weapons being nerfed, just a fix for bludgeons.

I hope people can read again and carefully the entire thread.

There are some key points maybe you missed:

Happened in R49.

@2112Starman others are doing 900+ damage from puncture on bosses, 2700+ of sneak attack, and you spent over 2 mins to kill a 2900 hp mob, you don't feel like something is weird?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.