SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

my overview of seen items by me is here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QTcQ2-Vjim-DBQQsSwcFMqCzMwviVgB-ON8cdRbn_y0/edit#gid=0

so i found those in use in R48 (i don't like the formating in here)
    Type Resource Bonus0 Bonus1 Bonus2
    Wool/Leather(Drop) BowString Elven Bow String 3 Dexterity 5% Weapon Critical Chance
    Wool/Leather(Drop) BowString Imbued Elven Bow String of Speed 5 Dexterity 7.5% Attack Speed 5% Rapid Fire Damage
    Wool/Leather(Drop) BowString Imbued Elven Bow String of Precision 5 Dexterity 5% Weapon Critical Chance 5% Aimed Shot Damage
    Wood(Drop) Handle Mossy Green Handle +100 Health +0.5 Combat Health Regen
    Wood(Drop) Handle Savage Handle 5 Strength 7.5% Weapon Critical Chance
    Wood(Drop) Heartwood Ashen Heartwood -12.5% Basic Magic Reagent Use Chance 15% Focus 5% Spell Damage
    Metal (Drop) Hilt Elven 3% Weapon Critical Chance 3 Dexterity
    Metal (Drop) Sturdy War Hammer Head +2 Weapon Damage +50% Weapon SDD Bonus
    Metal (Drop) Torc'Dawl's Two-handed Hammer Head +6 Weapon Damage 10 Strength
    Metal (Drop) Weapon Blade Bandit Dagger Blade +1 Weapon Damage 7.5% Weapon Critical Chance
    Metal (Drop) Weapon Blade Bandit Shortsword Blade +1 Weapon Damage 7.5% Weapon Critical Chance
    Metal (Drop) Weapon Blade Bandit Longsword Blade +1 Weapon Damage 7.5% Weapon Critical Chance
    Metal (Drop) Heavy Halberd Blade +4 Weapon Damage +75% Weapon SDD Bonus
    Metal (Drop) Heavy Two-handed Sword Blade +4 Weapon Damage +75% Weapon SDD Bonus

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Nice. There was a note on one one of the Master of the Forge topics that the SDD bonuses had been replaced:
    That was a Heavy blade, so I don't know what the bonus would be on the Sturdy ones.

I went ahead and created topics for these, and I'll work on getting them added to the components.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

well back to the hunting for salvage gear then .. to get the instead of SDD boni...

I am only lvl85 and not able to get them myself....

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

sturdy hand axe blade: +2 weapon damage, +5 str
    sturdy war hammer head: same

those are the only sturdies i have stashed away

Rentier and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  5. Alley Oop

Rentier likes this.
  6. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

7. Alley Oop

hmm. there's also cinnamon tree bark and sooty tree bark not listed on the tree bark page, but i don't think those can be used for things like barkbread or canvas. haven't tested that, though.

8. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

its cinnamon bark and Sooty Bark and both are not useble as tree bark, they may be found on harvesting trees but they are not tree bark in the craftiung sense here

9. Browncoat Jayson

Just an FYI for everyone. I've started a project to move all of the variations of crafted equipment (Iron Longsword with Copper Hilt, etc) to the Community namespace. I'm using this namespace since these are all "Player Crafted" items. This will clear them from the search results in the normal pages, and help clean up the recipe lists. However, you might not be able to find these as easily for a while.

The next step of this will be to set up a template that shows these variations in tables on the base page, so you can see all the different options available for a specific craftable item in one glance. This will likely be broken out into the base name of the item as it appears in-game (Iron Longsword). This will make them more easily found by normal users, since "/sotawiki Iron Longsword" will then get you to a page that shows what recipe it was created with, all of the variations there are of it, and likely notes on what can be done to improve it (like Masterworking and Enchanting).

Slightly longer into this process will involve doing another pass on the Infobox Item template to get it to more closely resemble the Item window in-game, as well as add any options that are not currently appearing. I know things like the Artifact tag and Parry numbers are not currently showing, but if you see anything else that is not displayed please let me know.

I think this is already working. Let me know if you see recipes that are not showing up in this list. This will only show recipes that can use either types of bark, not ones that require a specific type.

senthen and Rentier like this.
  10. Alley Oop

is there a way to make the two recipes that take either maple or pine bark show on the maple and pine bark pages? right now they only show the dyes.

11. Browncoat Jayson

It doesn't look like there is an easy way to show the combined version, while suppressing the other type of bark's recipes. Its based on a subset of page name, so "Tree?Bark" returns Tree Bark, Pine Tree Bank, and Maple Tree Bark. Definiately not ideal.

What I'm most likely going to need to do is provide a way to enter a list of page names, rather than just a single one, so the query will show a combined table for all results. Something like {{Query recipe|Pine_Tree_Bank;Tree_Bark}}. I'll put it on the list of template work I need to do; loot and resource are probably next, to give a full range instead of a single number.

Rentier and Alley Oop like this.
  12. Alley Oop

stag, bear, and wolf hat recipes are not on fred in owl's head anymore. i suspect they're drops only from the barbarians but haven't checked the other tailors.

Numa, Rentier and Elwyn like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I was in Ulfheim yesterday and got a wolf hat drop from a barbarian. Because I thought it was still available from merchants, I just popped it and learned it. At least I'll know better next time.

14. senthen

senthen Avatar

Sounds like a worthy project. I had been trying to figure out how, with the existing mechanics of Sotawiki to setup a generic page like "Maple Long Bow" then list the bowstrings so that folks could see what a 'base' Maple Long Bow looked like, and then they could simply look at the string list to see what it would 'add'. Sounds like what you have in mind may well take care of that.

One thing I still find baffling about SotaWiki is trying to locate where discussions about these sorts of changes are taking place. I only looked here because of the link in the tool about leaving a message for other editors. Is this thread 'as good a place as any', or is there somewhere 'in' Sotawiki for these discussions (I'm registered in sotawiki as 'pippen').

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
    Rentier likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

It's possible they moved the hat recipes to the new barbarian clans. I'll verify the vendors and get them changed.

That's the plan. I've figured out how to limit search results by namespace, so I can have the crafted variations show in a table and only have the main page on the wiki proper.

For the most part, it's here. We do have a group of directors for the wiki, but I'm really the only one active. This had been something I've wanted to do for a year, and originally was going to add a custom namespace for it, but decided it made just as much sense to reuse an existing one.

I've got some templates that I want to update, especially search ones. Now that SotAMap is integrated, I'd like to get it working on the wiki to show locations. There's some cleanup that needs to be done eventually. There just aren't enough hours; I barely have time to play.

FrostII, senthen and Rentier like this.
  16. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Christoph Schneider - tailor in Ardoris - no longer has the recipes for stag, wolf, or bear hat.

Edit - none of the former Stag Hat tailors have the recipe for any of the animal hats"
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Recipe:_Stag_Hat

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Elwyn, Numa, Alley Oop and 1 other person like this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

Thanks for confirming.

Rentier likes this.
  18. senthen

senthen Avatar

Sounds great. Once you have a sample out there, I'd be happy to help propagate it... if you are going to do what I think, say, you get the page for 'Hard Maple Long Bow', I'd be happy to help propagate the other bow types and perhaps some other weapon types (I'm keenly interested in daggers, longswords and long bows right now, so I'd surely help in those spaces, at least.)

Do make time enough to play you don't get burned out ;-). Appreciate all you do in this space.

Browncoat Jayson, Rentier and FrostII like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

@Browncoat Jayson Don't stress.... We all appreciate what you've done to this point, and with things changing so much - just go play and enjoy. ;)

Browncoat Jayson, Rentier and Numa like this.
  20. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Blessadur Mr. Sotawiki :)

I used it a lot recently for research of recipes and other things.
    It's the best source for SotA knowledge atm imho.
    I'll also help to actuallize entry's or entry further informations when i found them.

Good Work!!! @Browncoat Jayson

Berek, Browncoat Jayson and Rentier like this.