Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Siege engineer AI not triggered

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by ErikRulez, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

1. Title: Siege engineer AI not triggered
    2. Reproduction Rate:?
    3. Blocker?no
    4. Details:The siege engineer on one of the catapults ignored me and my attacks. I was able to kill all of the other enemies at that catapult without a change from him. I eventually got him to attack after clearing the other catapults and coming back to his.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Go into forest siege and attempt to clear catapult position
    6. User Specs: passable

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@econner
    I'm guessing this may have a very low repro rate because I could not repro. If you find it is a particular mob that it keeps happening to can you use /loc at the NPC please?
    Thanks.

3. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

It has only happened once and I have been hitting sieges pretty regularly. This guy was in the closest catapult camp from the start of the forest siege from Novia. I'll get a loc if I see it again.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I saw this too last night. The engineer in question is operating the catapult. He looks over the horizon and then moves the catapult to aim and fire it. He seemed immune to attack during this activity. However for me as soon as the catapult fired, I was able to engage him normally. The aiming and firing only took a few seconds though in my case.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We got a couple reports of this previously, but I think you just mentioned the missing link. You are my favorite person today! Thanks!
    Bug #: 54746

Aldo likes this.
  6. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Just for completeness since it happened again. In my case he does not respond even after firing the catapult. I can sit there and wave my sword but he has not time for such foolishness.

1/18/2018 1:49 PM

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16356
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 1979
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Blackrock Cove
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (39.0, 37.3, -97.7)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxQT1RfZm9yZXN0X21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFiX3RlbXBsYXRlL0JsYWNrcm9jayBDb3ZlfCgzOC45ODksIDM3LjI1MiwgLTk3LjY4OSl8KDAsIC0wLjIyNSwgMCwgMC45NzQpfDY5NC4wNDc0fDM2LjEyMzE0fDkuNjgzMjE0

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.