SotAwiki Update Thread

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Browncoat Jayson, Apr 9, 2016.

1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

I just found out that those armor hat recipes are now drops.
    I also have no idea where those drops happen or what level.
    I want craft xp - but now I have to build adventure in order to even get recipes that build craft.

Rentier likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I made a start on this today. Going to take some time to populate and clean it up.

Maple Long Bow is the base item, as it is named in-game. The variations section uses a new {{Query crafted item variation}} template that takes up to three pieces of information; the recipe, the item name, and the crafting category. Of these, only the Maple Long Bow with Cotton Bow String is showing correctly; each should be named "Maple Long Bow" with the community page name below. There will need to be a pass through all of the community pages at some point to get them updated to the current stats, update their layout a bit, and clean up broken links.

Just wanted to show what I'm up to. Feel free to jump in, if you want to help add things.

ILLUSIONITE, senthen and Rentier like this.
  3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson where did the old long bow pages go so we could rename them (should be a lot easier than doing them all again...)?

4. Browncoat Jayson

They are all moved to the community name space. We didn't lose anything, we just need to edit the info box on them to show a name of the correct page.

Rentier likes this.
  5. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Rentier likes this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

I seem to be getting them intermittently tonight as well. I was able to get to that page, but then got the message on the next page. Its possible the server is undergoing maintenance, but if its still happening in the morning I'll contact the admin. Thanks for the heads up.

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

8. Browncoat Jayson

No, I just forgot to keep it updated. I'll fix it tomorrow when I get back in town.

Rentier and Lord Andernut like this.
  9. senthen

senthen Avatar

I've taken a look and I have my head fairly well wrapped around it. I notice you have gotten a lot of the gaps filled in since, but I see a few missing instances; and of course, the method can be applied to many things besides bows. I'll start nibbling at the edges.
    One thing I have noticed, if you go to the http://sotawiki.net/sota/Imbued_Elven_Bow_String_of_Precision
    page, the recipe query does not report any use of the item 'even though' the page
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Community:Maple_Long_Bow_with_Imbued_Elven_Bow_String_of_Precision
    clearly calls it out as an ingredient. If it is already on your to-do list, then 'never mind'.
    Thanks for the change, I think we'll end up with a much easier way to walk through the permutations that the game is permitting.
    ---- edit to add. Ok, I see the Imbued_Elven_Bow_String_of_Precision has been updated to reference a recipe search against 'simple' "Bow String". K... that works! I'll apply to a couple other instances... thanks!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Yeah, this is going to take a dedicate pass at some point. Recipes use generic equivalents, so the Imbued Elven Bow String can be used anywhere a generic "Bow String" appears in a recipe. Therefore, we need to change those queries to use the generic item name. I've updated this page to look for "Bow String" so the recipes that it can be used in are included. Other pages will need to be updated the same way.

11. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson how to do a site to be marked as no longer relevant? e.g. the Cloth_Bow_String was renamed and reworked as Cotton_Bow_String some time between R31 and R45

so either delete it, make it a relay to the cotton version or keep it but then mark as no longer relevant?

also the recipe in Bow_String is only correct for the cotton variants so either remove the recipe here as it is a doublette to the cotton,fustian and carapacian bow string or also state the leather variant of the recipe?

I also checked the search results on the Bow string and it states some variants but not all and the base variant naming is not coherent (e.g. Shortbow but Wooden Longbow)

Crossbow
    Maple Long Bow
    Pine Long Bow
    Short Bow
    Wooden Long Bow
    which way to go with the naming and stating?
    to state all this would be
    3 Basic variants Bow (Cross, long, short)
    +3x6 Wood variants (pine, crimson, grey, maple hard, rock)

My suggestion would be only to show the basic
    Crossbow,
    Longbow,
    Shortbow

and on their respective page state the possible variants
    Pine
    Maple

and on that respective page the three wood that can be used

Crimson Pine
    Grey Pine
    Pine
    or
    Hard Maple
    Rock Maple
    Maple

the same for the wooden staves pages

there is found the http://sotawiki.net/sota/Maple_Bowstave all the rest is shown as Long Bowstave and this page has the same problem as the cloth Bowstring, its obsolet

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Rentier likes this.
  13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  14. Alley Oop

don't know! i had just noticed that category existed a few days ago.

Rentier likes this.
  15. Browncoat Jayson

Sorry for the delay. Yes, that template marks items as removed. To add a link in the description, just put in in brackets. I updated the Cloth Bow String one with a link.

Alley Oop likes this.
  16. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Aaargh i used the wrong brackets.... Thanks and good morning :D

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  17. Browncoat Jayson

This is a bit of an odd situation, so here are my thoughts and rationale.

We need pages for each recipe; for example, Long Bow is a generic recipe that can create a Maple Long Bow, Pine Long Bow, etc, depending on which wood is used. The base has the name Wooden Long Bow, because it itself is used as a generic in the Crossbow recipe, which once it is fleshed out will have its own variants of Maple Crossbow, Pine Crossbow, etc.

My long-term plan is to rename all of the base recipe pages to their generic equivalent; so Wooden Crossbow, Wooden Short Bow, etc. That should make them all consistent. In the process, we will need to make sure the recipe name in the Itembox and Craft box are updated to the actual name; Recipe: Crossbow creates a Wooden Crossbow, etc.

I'll also likely replace the Infobox Item on these pages with a recipe-only version, so they do not appear in the variant searches (since they do not create items with that name). Then, the Bow String page would show Used in recipes of Maple Crossbow, Maple Long Bow, Maple Short Bow, Pine Crossbow, Pine Long Bow, Pine Short Bow, etc. I feel it is more important to have the items that appear in the world show in lists than generic recipe pages which are only useful for finding craft variants; they can get there from the Recipe: Crossbow page.

One minor thing that might throw a wrench in this, is that it is still possible to find generic items in the world occasionally. I've seen a "Short Bow", with no wood type, and a "Longsword" with no metal type. They seem to be replacing these with "Iron Longsword" using the correct hilt and blade materials (which is great for crafters to salvage), however we'll just have to either integrate these or ignore them for now.

Rentier likes this.
  18. Browncoat Jayson

Over the last couple days, I've updated the Infobix Itecode to support most of the functionality shown in-game, including things like the artifact tag, number of hits a weapon can do, parry numbers, and even support for masterworks and enchantments. Just for testing purposes, I put one of Darkstarr's weapons on there: The Chaos Grinder of Souls. I'm still working through a couple issues (like the percent signs not showing for materials or masterworks), but it's coming along.

Ive also moved all of the crafted items to the Community page. For them to show stats correctly in the query, those items need to use the normal bonus1...15 tags, rather than materials. I'll be populating them as I find time.

19. Alley Oop

there are seperate pages for strap and straps, and straps isn't very helpful.

20. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson is there a possibility to add the minimum Crafting XP to recipes and the crafting XP for first crafting?

eg
    - Bone Plate Minimum is 80XP
    - Enforced Bone Plate with standard metall (copper, iron)
    First crafting 2500XP
    2nd 445XP
    3rd 417
    4th 385
    - Enforced Bone Plate with advanced metall (constantan, bronze, white iron, meteoriciron)
    First crafting 3000XP
    2nd 545XP

I still have not found a pattern here to get a formula.....yet

and with the new crafting proficiency to skill in R50 we need to recheck the skill and all recipes .....yay ;) but the player has now better info about crafting skill

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018