Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Crossing Saved Games

Discussion in 'Offline Mode' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

1. Title: Crossing Saved Games
    2. Reproduction Rate: Untested
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: While playing one saved game, I recalled from the overworld and found myself at the lot of another character from a different saved game. I was able to interact with objects on the lot but not open containers.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Create two separate characters with their own saved game. Have both characters bind to the same lot. From a different zone (or Overworld?) use a recall scroll. Possibly one of the 0 value ones though I don't see why that would make a difference. May require the lot to have the same home in both saves? In this case it's the crafting pavilion.
    6. User Specs: N/A
    This was such a weird one I thought I'd best post it right away. Sorry for the lack of testing. It's early morning and it's almost time to leave for work.

Also of note:
    I get an error when trying to move the containers..
    The lot persists when I leave town and come back.
    The lot retained its basement when the character I was playing hadn't put a basement in yet. There wasn't anything actually in it so I couldn't tell you if items were copied over or not.
    In the original saved game I have a number of planting beds with nothing in them. In the 2nd game the copies are all watered.
    First save game is the first character I created offline.
    First save game seems unaffected. Lot is the same.. containers accessible etc.. just contents of the lot copied into the 2nd game. (and I just spent 10k on new crafting stations dang it!)

Ok couple quick tests before I head off to work..

I am assuming the containers are all bugged because they believe they have contents but the contents were not copied..

Oh yes.. the property manager doesn't seem to be able to remember lot types between sessions. Will try to remember to post a new bug report on that.. It says ?None?. So so much for THAT test.. tried anyway.. "send lot to storage" did nothing.

Ok this is interesting.. unclaimed the lot.. got the usual messages.. reclaimed the lot and the entire contents of the lot reappeared.. except this time one of the planting beds had fully grown plants in it. Basement was retained.. lot contents were NOT copied to the bank. Or if they were they were removed when I reclaimed the lot.

Ok I'm out of time.. may try some other things when I get home tonight. Suspect you may want copies of the saved games in question.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

did you restart the client between chaging the loaded save game? if not this seems to may be a left over from the char before?

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Entered as issue #54609. Haven't researched this one yet, but sounds related to other reported issues with UI retaining some state when changing accounts (for online modes). If you completely close the client before resuming the other save game does this issue still occur?

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I actually haven't tried it yet because of another issue I have with this particular character/save game.. in that I seem to first have to successfully load an online game because this save will load successfully. Otherwise it always seems to get stuck at 94%.. and as I previously mentioned I didn't have the time.. :) but will test it.. and.. yup.. stuck at 94%.. I just mention it in case it's related. The first save game doesn't have this issue. Now that I'm thinking about it I should do another post on that 94% issue. :)

Ok terminated the previous client as it was stuck.. So I'm logging in online.. check... and back offline.. Wow.. will you look at that! It's all gone! I had saved the game under a new name as I thought I would do some testing.

BUT.. I wasn't sure what the end result of all this would be and I had already placed a remote bank access device from the lot into my inventory.. (because I previously placed one before the bug occurred).. and.. it's still in my inventory.. and the original is back on the (mostly) empty lot. And.... placing it.. it works.

SO.. while the bug cleared after restarting the client.. I was able to take an object from the bugged version into the active game. Good thing this is offline only. :)

Ok I wonder how repeatable this really is.

5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

heh.. so I just loaded the first save game straight away and it now looks like it did a minute ago in the 2nd save game. Just going to verify that carry over.. one bank access device into inventory.. there it is.. Saving under a new name.. shutting down the client.. resuming.. and.... back to normal.. and the carry over of the remote access device was successful.

So you can effectively use this bug to carry placeable (non-container) objects from one saved game to another. (But obviously it has nothing to do with recalling. :) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.