Cryptocurrency & SOTA

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by DavidDC, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Ill be smart and stay in. Thank you for advice.

2. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

I actually have no issue with what you do with your money at all.

But I will continue to warn normal people to try to get around all the fake news and hype (yes, against people who have financial investment into keeping that going).

because frankly, these ponzi scheme are getting large enough to tank the worl economy and I would very much not like to lose half my 401K (which I now have in safe harbor until this stuff pops, even if it takes a year)

Spartus likes this.
  3. DavidDC

You should go warn john mcafee cause hes really into it. He could loose multiple millions... Oh you said normal people, true we are that special kind of people.

4. Silverti

Silverti Avatar

That kinda proves a point about crypto. Much like the stock market, you are going up against billionaires backed by super computers that do the analytics in milliseconds. Most people seem to actually already understand this about it. I would be you they are smart enough to ride it and get out before the pop... when it pops... everyone else will be stuck trying to sell on systems that have proven to fail in big rush's. You know that in the 90's when "day trading" got popular, 99% of "day traders" lost their money? Of course they lost a lot of it buying the exact same thing as cyrpto... Internet bubble pop (aka, stocks vaules at tens of thousands of dollars backed by literally no value in the company and only pure demand).

Budner and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Womby

Womby Avatar

Tulips, all over again. We never learn.

6. DavidDC

7. yinki2

yinki2 Avatar

fun video from 2015

devilcult likes this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Totally disconnected from the crypto topic.....you really have to ask? After all that happend in the last 10 years ^^? I mean, really?

9. DavidDC

Gotta interpret it in the context. I can take a few line or bit of words from anyone and make it look stupid too.
    What was said there is someone said it was a big ponzi scheme for like all the coins. Im sorry but its not, real company trying to create things out there. Not everyone is a criminal in this sad world.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yes. And that's exactly what i was aiming at with my comment.
    The last 10 years proofed that banks are pretty much the biggest criminals we have. ABS were sold, handled and created by banks as well. And were bought because, you know, banks arepart of it, so it can't be a ponzi scheme!
    Turned out a lot of people were wrong with this opinion.

Edit: Before this get's out of hand let me point out that all i wanted to say was that banks aren't the proof of quality they were back in the days. Nothing more, nothing less.

Stundorn likes this.
  11. Katu

Katu Avatar

This is never going to happen. Never. Power usage is the problem. I can't pay the bills with the COTOs and those get big.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Depends where you are and where you are from. A friend of mine is working and living in Germany. His mining equipment is in South Africa with his parents. That works out pretty darn well for him.

13. DavidDC

And we are not talking about equipments here, but a simple computer that doesnt run 24 hours a day mining data at max cpu speed... We are talking of a computer that run a game already which consume way more than the miner that would be in running at half or minimum speed, for about 3-5 hours a day at max for common people.

Please drop it with the cost of electricity, u wont see any difference in ur monthly bill. This aint professional mining gears. Those make a significant difference.

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Lol, nice one. Going to print that and put it on the door of my office.

16. DavidDC

The real line is: Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    We do remember Starman... we do... ;)

17. Katu

Katu Avatar

I fail to understand, why this would be needed for the game? I'm quite sure that the dollars you mine easily while gaming casually, without no lag and no noticeable expences, are accepted at the store..

This idea in one line:
    Mine virtual coins to get coins in game ( that are virtual also ), to make profit for the game devs.

Just no.

EDIT:
    Work = Watts = Hashes per second = COTOs = Electric bill
    If ANY of these raises, everything raises. Theres nothing magical about this. If you do LOTS of work, you will start to see difference in every category.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  18. DavidDC

Gaming = Same watts = hashes per seconds = cotos = less spending time collecting gold for renting in game while devs make profits.

19. Katu

Katu Avatar

Ummm.. no. Thats not possible... you are a wrong, if you think that hashing ie. Mining cryptocurrency does not use any power.
    If I start my game and check power consumption, then start hashing and check again, do you think it is same value? It cant be or your miner is not hashing at all.
    And again, I bet its more profitable to just mine and turn those to dollars and then spend it. You still get the cotos and port will get the money. And you can mine 24/7 then.

20. Spartus

Spartus Avatar

@Katu is correct. Assuming an efficient CPU and efficient software, any additional information processing doesn't just use more energy, it must use more energy. This was shown experimentally a few years ago. https://www.nature.com/articles/nature10872

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.