Subscription Fee

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cordelayne, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Would You Pay A Subscription Fee?

1. YES

38.3%
  2. NO

49.0%
  3. UNDECIDED

12.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yupp.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. psteg

psteg Avatar

If the game is set up like UO, then I would pay a monthly fee of $10.00 or more.

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

At the actual state of the game and thinking of New players need to pay taxes for houses etc... No.

I spent/ donated a lot of money in the past 1.5 years, i would need to play 10 years in common subscription fees.
    I cannot login daily, i maybe dont login for a week or to sometimes and i dont want to pay for this.

Depending on the amount of the subscription Fee and what we get for that i would consider it and think over, but i can say i wont pay 10+ $ a Month for 5 Cotos or something.

If they make optional subs for Housing.
    Maybe pay 10/Month to get Tf Village or 5 to get a Tf Row thats maybe ok.

Therefore: undecided

Mapper, Salix, Jens_T and 2 others like this.
  4. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Good point. I'd prefer that I do NOT get anything that others can't simply buy too, or get through the game with IGG. I do not want any special "status," I just want to help the game and have a small digital reward every now and then.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I've already invested enough money into the game, and did so with the understanding there would be no monthly fees.
    Even if the subscription fee was $5/month, and they counted monies pledged toward your subscription, I would have literally decades of free months because of my pledges.

6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

It sounds like you don't want to spend any more money on this game. If that is the case, then don't. We're talking about a voluntary sub fee for those who feel like doing it. How is this a problem in any way for anyone (unless there ARE actually special things that are given to these subscribers)?

7. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

VOLUNTARY. V_O_L_U_N_T_A_R_Y.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

maby not a montlhy fee but would like to have an option to set up 5 dollars to be entitled for the tellthon thing so like pay any time up to an the nexst telethon

maby have an option in store to buy 5 dollars to be counted nexst telethon

reasen i say this i missed one telethon as i was in thailand and did not have axsess to any comp and i realy wanted to do the 5 dollar for the rewards

9. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

also i would like if you spendt 100 $ during the telethon you get all listed goles even if not reasehed would promote more spending

Cordelayne likes this.
  10. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

It is NOT a sub to play - it's a way to get extra deco items similar to how you get things from paying for stuff during the telethons, and nothing more.

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I like the idea, but only for lifestyle aspects of the game. The things that encourage the MMO side are what you pay for. All I can imagine that doesn't seem like P2W are:

$5/$10/$15

(1) Row/Village/Town deed to a POT - Taxes are not included since gold is one of Ports area to control. Caveat: if you stop paying, the deed is removed from your inventory and possessions moved to bank
    (10) Deco pieces from a list (removed if you stop paying)
    4 COTOS (to pay taxes of course)

Encourages you to put down roots, but requires you to work for taxes and stay engaged.

Just my ideas.

Ahuaeynjgkxs and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Feel free to give Portalarium every Month x amount of Dollar as long as you dont get something special what is only achievable with a subscription.

Rowell, Jens_T, Xandra7 and 3 others like this.
  13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I mourn the death of subscriptions for games. $15 per month for unlimited access to a game you liked to play... There was no better entertainment value that didn't involve long walks and sunsets.

Also, anyone that poopoos the concept of a Voluntary Subscription that confers no benefit beyond some fluff deco items is simply irrevocably embittered.

K1000, Gorthyn, Ahuaeynjgkxs and 4 others like this.
  14. Morgoth redbeard

Morgoth redbeard Avatar

im mixed wen it comes to subscription
    one wen i play the game i dont mind the problem araise wen i go play some othere game for a exstended time and i still have to pay just to keap my houses and stuff now that is a pain to me

Cordelayne likes this.
  15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Totally agree.

Stundorn and Cordelayne like this.
  16. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Avatar

I would pay a subscription fee if it gave a slightly higher return on store credit. Say, if the fee is $5 a month, I get $6 in store credit. Then I'm not getting special items like telethon items (and it makes telethons still relevant in their own way), and just getting what anyone could get if they spent a little money in the store. My advantage would be I get like 20% extra store credit to spend because I subscribed.

17. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

This is actually an interesting an idea. Though I think a more equitable format would be the following:

$9.99 for Row taxable POT deed
    $14.99 for Village taxable POT deed
    (If player cancels subscription they lose the deed and items go to bank)

I like this because it gives new and old players alike the ability to "put down roots" and enjoy an aspect of the game that is already somewhat cost prohibitive, while "filling in" POTS. Moreover, since the deed is linked to the subscription it's different from buying it outright from the Add-On store. Portalarium could even take this a step further and consider allowing subscriptions of this nature to count towards eventually owning the property. Interesting idea! :D

Gorthyn and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  18. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

It really just depends on what you received. I think you would definitely want to avoid making people feel like they are missing out so much that it feels unfair to those who don't pay the sub.

Humbert_Humbert and Cordelayne like this.
  19. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Yes, but only if i get something special.
    Why should I pay a sub for something that I can buy at any time in the store and I either already have or I dont need?
    A small collectible deco item (tradable): picture, statue or plant for example.
    Nothing that gives any advantage of any kind other than deco your home.

Cordelayne likes this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Just do what @DarkStarr suggested and make a $5 Voluntary Subscription that Automatically qualifies the account for the monthly telethon stretch goals.

It would be best if they 'collected' the subscription funds at the beginning of the telethon and used that total to count toward the stretch goals.

Who would object to that?

Stundorn, jolanar, Nikko and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.