Why is there no rare fore collection on nodes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stonetrew, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

Been Playing this game about 10 months, you can get rares IE help bonuses for combat and Collection (hunter Gathering) by Hunting only, but not on collection (Hunter gathering)?

Also why cant you see nodes in night vision sparkle? is it cause my night vision not high enough? or my See node not high enough?

Just some questions can't ask more or The thread will be shutdown cause I was not on topic.

Thanks

I put an E on For sorry was looking at my golf clubs....

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
    Sara Dreygon and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  2. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Night vision is made by design that you cannot recognize nodes easily.
    Night vision helps to see the surrounding but if you would like to harvest and see the "sparkles" of nodes you have to use normal light sources.
    It is your decision either wide view but no help to recognize nodes or a small cirle of light around you but easier visible nodes. ;)

Lord-Galiwyn and Nelzie like this.
  3. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

Thank You, However there is NO real reason for the left skill (look for nodes) so was wondering, Also Still Quite perplexed as why if YOU hunt in tier 4 5 skull zones you get Collecting and hunting Artifacts Killing MOBS, However im pretty sure anyone with 100+ skill can attest, they never got an artifact from a node. IE ya get rares (artifacts) from mobs, Ya get well some sellable items but nothing to help you collect. You must hunt hard to get those, or buy them from market

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

You can get crowns from nodes.

Sara Dreygon and discipleofweb like this.
  5. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

I really never payed attention to that, however you can get crowns I believe faster better quicker on mobs, I joined this game for it stated , if you wish to be a craftier you can, if you wish to be an adventurer you can, did not know that you would have to be adventurer 1st to be a crafter for any low end tier stuff is useless... (i do consider that the server population is low however), Hence forth i should quit crafting, gathering nodes, buy RMT solo mage and monkey room make my money back.

Or spend countless hours in a mine to sell for RMT so I can HIRE someone for RMT to take me to Mage MONKEY room or Buy the artifact I wish so I can craft that you cant find Gathering On Nodes,

6. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I gather .... a LOT. Mining, Field Dressing, Harvesting. I deal with the critters that almost always surround the nodes as well (ie, I kill them and take their stuff). Been doing it profusely since persistence.
    I have *NEVER*... *EVER* seen a crown, or a coto drop. Ever.

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The sparkles suck so much anyhow that they added the pulsing glow to ore nodes. It is even mentioned in the "known issues" list that the sparkles suck.

Anyhow, I care mostly these days about getting producer XP. Whatever I harvest goes into The Box. Been selling some copper ingots lately, which is good, since that's the ore I find most when not in a mine. And the tin sells well, too. But my adventurer XP piles up much faster, over 7M pool right now and probably won't deal with it until 10M.

Meh, I usually mine with only scene lighting, makes it better to see the nodes. And the sparkles suck for things that don't glow, like garlic. The lighting from Ignite Weapon is nice, but Immolation is a bit busy. Or I can put out my fire chicken. (phoenix)

Very rare, but it does happen, even from mining. Still, even though we've hit the 3300-3500 price range, it's only gone from never to almost never. (Chris has been saying he turned it off while COTOs were still selling for low prices.) I think I've gotten multiple artifact drops (or pieces, counting glowing cylinders), but only one COTO drop (and not a Gold one) in the past few months.

8. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I gather a lot too. Mostly mining and field dressing, but my skills are quite high in all gathering skills.

I don't see many crowns drop from most gathering skills, but I have gotten at least 1 of every crown type through mining, and probably around 8-9 total. In fact, I got a copper one just this week. I have also gotten a couple through field dressing too, maybe 2-3 total. I've never gotten any from any other gathering skill though.

Maybe meticulous collection has something to do with it? Maybe I'm just lucky or mine a lot more than you? Not sure, but I can assure you it is possible. Just saying, don't give up hope! :D

9. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Just summon your non-combat cat, and cast Light on him :)

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

really?! like cotos?

11. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Yep! ;)

It's certainly not common, but it happens occasionally... at least for me.

DJ Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  12. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I've probably gotten somewhere between 3 and 5 cotos from mining nodes myself.

13. Hellscream

Hellscream Avatar

That's not exactly that way. Nightvision sucks on spectral mines, but isn't a kick in the balls at Elysium for example. It depends a lot on the background rocks, Elysium's aren't dark, so the contrast is notable.

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Also, Spectral has iron, which usually has the worst contrast, even without Night Vision.

Hunter OfSouls likes this.
  15. Zexarium Dragonheart

Zexarium Dragonheart Avatar

I have most definitely seen close to around 5 total different types of COTO drops throughout my whole time playing Shroud. My most recent one being a gold COTO from Elysium mines I believe. I'm not sure why you've never seen one.

16. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I would pay 1m igg for a gathering system similar to SWG gathering back in the days.

Hunter OfSouls likes this.
  17. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

I would not have stated what I stated if my collection on all types of nodes was not at least 80 plus and running Obsidian potions, which IMHO are useless.

In all trees

18. Stonetrew

Stonetrew Avatar

And while where on crafting skills could port please take away the message that you can train more skills in a tree that is a stump?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.