Group XP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Anyone with the exact Numbers?

2 = 150% of xp = 75% for each one
    3= +20 or 25 % of xp = 170/175% of xp?
    4-8 each +5% of xp

It's what i remember roughly, anyone has the exact Numbers?

Thank you

Zexarium Dragonheart likes this.
  2. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

It's 100% + 10% per person(over 1) / number of people in the party
    2 party is 60% each
    3 party is 43% each
    4 party is 35% each

FrostII and Stundorn like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

4. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I actually remember it the way you posted Stundorn, never heard it changed.

Stundorn likes this.
  5. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

That's the problem.

I have different Informations.

@Chris maybe?

6. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah...I heard the 150% for 2 players, didn't know how the additional players over 2 was handled. I'm sure it has been posted in forums here somewhere or or is discussed in TechTalk Tuesdays.

LiquidBlaze and Stundorn like this.
  7. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

aye and only 5% to each additional ie 3 players = 155 4=160 goes downhill quick.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Adventuring with Others (Parties)
    Shroud of the Avatar can be played as a single-player adventure, but most find it fun and rewarding to meet challenges with like-minded friends. These are called parties (sometimes referred to as groups for those familiar with the concept in other online games).
    Players can be invited to party with you if you are the leader of a party or if you are not currently in a party. When invited to a party, a dialog will pop up that the player may accept or decline.
    Parties are limited to eight members.
    Earned Adventurer Experience is divided between party member based on their Adventurer Level. Higher level party members are awarded proportionally more Experience. Slain monsters award 10% more Exp for each member in a party. Grandmastery training benefits only extent to players in the same party.
    Looted gold is split evenly between all party members. Other items go to whichever party member picks them up and will be noted in the chat log. You may wish to discuss loot distribution with your party members before heading off to adventure together.

Takenf directly from the player instructions - all you do is add 10% for a each party member than divide by number in party - Only real question is how is the 10% for PvP added in?

[​IMG]

so - - ALl I did was simple math Exp - % added (.1 , .2, .3 . . . . .) then divided by # players. If this is wrong then a developer needs to step in

Also as you can see how out of whack it is for a part of 8 in the end if you are in a party of 8 you are getting roughly just over 1/5 of your single player exp

Last edit this is how it always has been , I have never seen 150% ever

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Stundorn likes this.
  9. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Release 33 : Obsidian Book of Unlearning: Players can now purchase a magical book from Obsidian Crown merchants that can reduce a skill down to the minimum level and recover 90% of the experience points used to level it (these are returned to your experience pool so they can be used to level other skills). We are giving each player one of these books as part of the changes to taming in case they want to reclaim some of the experience spent on taming.

Release 34 : Party Experience Bonus: The experience bonus for grouping with friends (or enemies!) has been increased dramatically to encourage grouping. A group of 2 will now each receive 70% of the full experiences vs 55% in previous releases.

Release 35 : Death Decay first iteration

Release 36 :
    40 Meter Requirement for XP Gain (Experiment): We have constrained Experience Point gain so that you must be within 40 meters of other members of your party. Previously, you just had to be in the same zone and this was being used as an exploit where low level characters would wait at the entrance of a zone while high-level players would farm the area to level the low-level character safely.
    PVP XP Bonus (Experiment): For this release, we’re trying a few experimental changes to see how they impact various metrics. Players that are flagged as PVP and in Multiplayer mode will receive a 25% bonus to earned experience. We know this is controversial, but we want to try it and see how it impacts PVP participation.

I didn't find anything else yet.

Nikko, Numa, Stundorn and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yeah, was hunting last night with like 7ppl and it was very unrewarding, xp wise. I enjoyed the hunt and helping others out, but the xp was a big let down.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So the instruction I just copied out of for Release 49 are in conflict with other instructions - -

How many time does a person have to tell the devs to put the correct information IN ONE PLACE

ANYHOW IS SOMONE CAN GET THE CORRECT #S FOR ME IT IS EASY TO SUBSTITUE IN THE ABOVE CHART.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I expect that, after it's all divvied up, if you're flagged PvP then you get an extra 10% for your share of the XP.

13. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I really want to support others.
    But atm best support is to advice them to go solo and search for yellow mobs they can handle :(

Lets say a Mob gives 1000xp

Solo = 1000xp
    Any additionall character should give +50%
    2 = 1500xp/ 2 = 750 each
    3 = 2000xp/ 3 = 666 each
    4 = 2500xp/4 = 625 each
    5 = 3000xp/ 5 = 600 each
    6 = 3500xp/ 6 = 583 each
    7 = 4000xp/ 7 = 571 each
    8 = 4500xp/ 8 = 562 each

This way even in a big group you loose around 50 % of the XP compared to solo.

For a Dragon

A solo player gets 25000

2 get 18750 each
    4 get 15625 each
    8 get 10937 each

It's limiting but still feels rewarding instead of punishing to group with somebody.

Ajivani likes this.
  14. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

How does it average out XP wise between a party of 8 killing 1 target and each getting their % of XP and a party of 8 killing 8 targets and getting that % of XP? Also better for all 8 to kill 1 high level target than 8 yellow targets?

15. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

If the statement about the change in R34 is still true and as steady as I understand…I would guess it is like that.

Base experience = 1000 exp for killing an enemy

Experience for the group killing the same enemy
    1 avatar = 1000 exp
    2 avatar = 700 exp each
    3 avatars = 600 exp each
    4 avatars = 550 exp each
    5 avatars = 520 exp each
    6 avatars = 500 exp each
    7 avatars = 485 exp each
    8 avatars = 475 exp each

But in the group is not just one avatar doing the work while everyone else is looking at the scenery.
    If everyone is solo fighting one target it should be like this for the group:

1 avatar = 1000 exp
    2 avatar = 1400 exp each
    3 avatars = 1800 exp each
    4 avatars = 2200 exp each
    5 avatars = 2600 exp each
    6 avatars = 3000 exp each
    7 avatars = 3400 exp each
    8 avatars = 3800 exp each (8 * 3800 exp = 30400 exp / 8 = 3800 exp each)

Basically and just looking at the numbers group play should be extremely beneficial if really more than one avatar is fighting.
    If in a group of 8 avatars just 2 avatars fight and kill at least as fast as they can do while playing solo this is already comparable to playing solo for the whole group (2 * 3800 exp + 6 * 0 exp = 7600 / 8 = 950 exp each ).
    But of course it is never as optimal as the numbers may say…so I would guess in a real group of 8 avatars the progress will be slower but even if everyone would be half as fast in group play it would be still nearly the doubled exp (1900 exp each) compared to solo play.

Numa likes this.
  16. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This is not always true since a party of two or three can clean house with not only possibly harder content but do it 5 times faster = therefore in the end they would get more exp per hour

Sadly this game seems to be designed around exactly that feature exp / hour, currently not much more matters :-(

Ronni, Stundorn and Sorthious like this.
  17. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Last time I tested this it was +40% for party of 2, and then +10% for each extra party member. This was tested about a year ago though (after that R36 change)

18. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Yep, it's really all about how fast you are killing mobs. It may, in some cases, be more beneficial(and safer) to be grouped to optimize xp gains. I think the place where this would be the most applicable(now at least) is at control points. Also, the delay between respawns at control points decreases the further you go, so if, as a group, you are killing super fast, then you could really rack up some great xp. With that said, most areas are not like that. Even if you kill the mobs super fast, you still have to wait for the respawn, which slows down xp gain.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The problem with this is that it's way easier and faster for those 8 people to kill the dragon than the solo player.

20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

:) this is also a failure of the game so a double edged sword - they need to work on B A L A N C E and bite a few bullets but :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.