Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 50 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 50 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here is a VERY early VERY rough draft of the Release 50 Instructions Post. As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R49 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here>. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

NOTE: Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Courage Boot Quest: The blacksmith in Yew has has had his ingot shipment stolen

Sunless Barrens: This area is located west of the Hellfire Rift between the Jade River and the Blackblade Mountains in the South Paladis region. It’s Its name ...

Kurt’s Secret: Blacksmiths are strong, skilled, and often work long hours, but one such smith often escapes the the hustle and bustle

In-game Map Features: We have have made various

New Wolves: We originally purchased our wolf from the Unity Asset store to save time and money, but it was not visually competitive. To address this shortcoming, we have completely

New Female Peasants: Like the wolf we originally purchased our female peasants from the Unity Asset store to save time and money, but they were not visually competitive. To address this shortcoming, we have completely

Shogun Crafting Pavillion Pavilion
    Crafting Pavillion Pavilion

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Brass Knuckles likes this.
  3. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Is Kurt, Karl....or is Karl, Kurt, or is Karl, Karl and Kurt is Kurt?:eek:

Kurt’s Secret: Blacksmiths are strong, skilled, and often work long hours, but one such smith often escapes the the hustle and bustle of work by visiting remote hills in eastern Midmaer. Those in search of encounters that rove across Novia may accidentally run into Kurt the blacksmith and find out the secret to his happiness... and learn the emote he has to teach!

/spin: This is for that special moment when you want to spin around in place with arms outstretched like a certain famous person who was in a musical in the Alps. You can get this emote from a roving encounter involving Karl (see above).

4. DarkStarr

fixed. Kurt

Bow Vale likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

• Ransom Changes: We have made several changes and improvements to how ransoming items works that are gained in PVP (either through combat or pickpocketing).
    • Ransom Changes: We have made several changes and improvements to how ransoming items that are gained in PVP works (either through combat or pickpocketing).

• Item Selection: The way items are randomly selected for ransom has changed so that we only consider one of any item type so large stacks of items only count as a single item during the selection process (i.e. those of you that have been using large stacks as “defense” are out of luck).
    • Item Selection: The way items are randomly selected for ransom has changed so that we only consider one of any item type. Large stacks of items only count as a single item during the selection process (i.e. those of you that have been using large stacks as “defense” are out of luck).
    Broadcast Automated Phonograph is in bold but the rest of the items in the list are not

6. DarkStarr

fixed

7. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Hi DarkStarr

Can we get some clarity on this change:

• Lock to Inventory: You can now lock an item in your inventory. This prevents you from accidentally letting the item leave your inventory via selling to a merchant, crafting (salvage, enchant, masterwork), placing in a container, or placing in your bank. You can invoke this command by right-clicking on the item and selecting the “Lock to Inventory” option. NOTE: This does not protect an item from ransom in PVP.
    If it is taken for PvP and you pay the ransom, will it return to the inventory in the lock state?

Cypher Black

Winfield likes this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It would be better to us the name of the quests for the title, so players can match them up, and change "special reward" to "virtue armor piece".

Emotes have generally included the slash, so adding these here will make them easier to find.

One of the reasons that players don't do batching now is that it doesn't trigger exceptionals. Is this changing? If so, that would be a good thing to note under Batching. If not, does Efficiency only fire when not Batching, like Exceptional does?

Why only if you do not meet the requirements? This is also necessary to know when trying to teach/share recipes.

This does not list the new Batching, Speed and Efficiency skills. Are they going to have generic icons for R50? Hopefully they will get unique ones before launch.

Should thiese list where they can be acquired?

Now that Courage starts with the Light spell, the torch isn't greatly needed (and actually detracts from Courage, since many will choose a shield). Since the other two paths give helms, consider a chain helm here as well?

Looks like a great list of features for one release! Great job, devs!

Spoon likes this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Also, as I understand it, the issue wasn't with large stacks, but rather many small stacks of items so they were more likely to be grabbed and resulted in fewer items lost per stack. So I think this should say "Multiple stacks of a single item".

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  10. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

@DarkStarr FYI, my address was not saved when I updated it.

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  11. DarkStarr

fixed

12. DarkStarr

Please report in bug forums

13. golruul

golruul Avatar

Ditto for me.

It's actually worse now, as it actually deleted my previous entry I made several weeks ago (which was saved until now).

Mischievous Dragon likes this.
  14. DarkStarr

1. Boot Quests: Fixing
    2. Emotes: Fixed
    3. Batching: Not changing the exceptionals and the new refining skills are only for refined materials, not components. Added that explanation to the doc
    4. Crafting Skill: Will consider the teaching use case
    5. Batching Icons: Still being worked on
    6. Recipes: will add those locations for players who hate to discover things
    7. Torch: See combat section that torch is now an offhand weapon so has value and some players may prefer it so as not to use focus

Antrax Artek likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Since I did not see it in new R50 instructions please look at

Adventuring with other (parties) and fix this -

"Earned Adventurer Experience is divided between party member based on their Adventurer Level. Higher level party members are awarded proportionally more Experience. Slain monsters award 10% more Exp for each member in a party. Grandmastery training benefits only extent to players in the same party. "

How do higher level players earn proportionally MORE?

And 10%.

I got this from clicking in the instruction link which was not the R49 instruction I saw before???

Both of these need specific clarification and fixes

Also this was the first time I ever saw Higher level party members are awarded more - sorry but this need to be looked at very VERY hard.

majoria70 likes this.
  16. DarkStarr

The "Earned Adventurer Experience is..." paragraph has been in the Player Instructions doc since December 2015 (Release 25). Also, it's never been changed.

17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

RgR sorry I thought when I posted a copy from R48 into this thread it said something different - it does not the instruction are the same Sorry - but

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/group-xp.107871/

Either way in this thread is also a posting from R34 that states a change

This thread also asks questions -

And please clarify how a higher level player gets proportionally more? if a level 10 goes out with a level 100 does the 100 get 90% more exp?

sorry but this needs to be fleshed out and clarified as you can see from the post above.

18. DarkStarr

None of the changes you mention in that thread are in conflict nor did they directly impact the lower vs. higher player XP gain so still confused about your point.

19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This is from that thread from @Hornpipe - Release 34 : Party Experience Bonus: The experience bonus for grouping with friends (or enemies!) has been increased dramatically to encourage grouping. A group of 2 will now each receive 70% of the full experiences vs 55% in previous releases.

So that changes the 10% bonus that is in the instructions - therefore something is wrong

And there is no explanation as to how the proportional is figured so how does a level 20 playing with a level 80 divide exp proportionally.
    this might not be a mistake but the thread clearly shows players need information

20. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@DarkStarr - From the Side-quests section:

"Love Boot Quest: A mentor has brought her squires to the South Drachvald Spur to engage in a local custom, but is afraid the area has become too dangerous to venture around. Won’t you find it in your heart to help them with their custom? Doing so could end up getting you Leather Greaves of Love!
    Courage Boot Quest: The blacksmith in Yew had his ingot shipment stolen. Are you brave enough to recover what’s been stolen? It just might set you on a path to earn Plate Greaves of Courage!"

Since these are for the Boot slot of armor - should these be Sabatons or Sollerets instead of Greaves? (One armors the foot - the other the shin). The question of course applies to publish notes - but also in-game item(s).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.