Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Death twice - a bit excessive

Discussion in 'Release 49 Feedback Forum' started by Asclepius, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Possibly a bug, but a bit hard to take.
    OK so I was adventuring in Crag Foothills, flagged PVP for the XP bonus. Came to an area where there was a collection of skeletons and elves, so a brawl developed. Then on the edge I saw another player, also flagged. Hmm - is he going to attack..... err yes he is. Did the best I could in the mayhem but died.
    No issue there, all fair and above board. Got the message about ransom, as I had died to an outlander. Couldn't care less as it happened - he pinched one of the many wands I had looted. Keep it!!
    Then I rezzed, and found my XP had gone down by about 60 K. Looking at the combat log, the final blow was landed by a skeleton - that's what actually killed me.
    So the only thing that peeves me - I can deal with the ransom thing, OR the XP loss if I die to a mob, but not both please!! My understanding is that if you die in PVP you do not suffer a XP loss.
    @Chris - is this a bug?

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

It's not a bug, you loose xp when you die, no matter if pvp ir pve.
    Err and you died while PvE through PvE.
    And you got 10% more xp because you were flagged.
    Where is the problem?

If PvP has no death decay it's highly exploitable to never loose xp when dying.

Malimn likes this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

PvP has had no decay for about 3 releases now, just because it can be done over and over and over in a short time. I am sure somone wil post notes but PvP has no decay

Dhanas likes this.
  4. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I believe his concern was about having both Decay and Ransom. Which I think I would agree with. If the skeleton got the kill the skeleton then there should be decay, if the player got the kill there should be ransom.

Elwyn, econner, FrostII and 7 others like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you die in PvP (that is, if another player strikes the killing blow) then no death decay is applied. It's been in place a lot longer than three releases too. The rationale for it is that you do not gain experience for PvP so you also do not lose experience.

[edit] Also, if the skeleton killed you then the other player shouldn't be able to loot you. Please file a bug report.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

if the skeleton got the kill, then there is should be nothing to loot for the other PvPer and therfore no ransom.
    bad *facepalm*

PvP is so bad in this Game - i doubt i will ever try it, no matter if i'm one day competetive or not.
    Let hope they fix all about this in the future - actually i dont care, it's eitherway to much grind to get ready for PvP.

GrayFog likes this.
  7. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

True.
    I still prefer PVP in Eve Online, you can go into PVP with an day 1 Character in just any frigatte and noob fitting.

8. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What exactly does it say in your chatlog regarding what "slayed" you ?
    Pull up your ChatLog and do a search for (your name) "has been slain by"

9. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Copied from the chat log:

[1/19/2018 2:40:08 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 6 points of damage from Puncture.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:08 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 47 points of damage from Puncture.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:08 PM] Hardened Elven Fighter attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 4 points of damage from Rend.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:09 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 4 points of damage from Ignite Weapon.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:09 PM] Asclepius utters the phrase Reno.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:09 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 3 points of critical damage from Ignite.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:09 PM] Asclepius attacks Hardened Elven Fighter and hits, dealing 77 points of critical damage from Bow.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:10 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 7 points of damage from Puncture.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:10 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 8 points of damage from Puncture.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:10 PM] Asclepius is healed for 38 points of health (critical).
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Asclepius attacks Hardened Elven Archer and hits, dealing 30 points of damage from Bow.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 4 points of glancing damage due to armor.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Pepi attacks Hardened Elven Fighter and hits, dealing 13 points of damage.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Hardened Elven Fighter: (fighting) Your struggles are pointless.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 4 points of critical damage from Ignite Weapon.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Pepi attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 76 points of damage from Pull.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Asclepius attacks Hardened Elven Archer and hits, dealing 63 points of critical damage from Bow.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Hardened Elven Archer attacks Asclepius and hits, dealing 46 points of damage from Aimed Shot.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] Asclepius has been slain by Hardened Elven Archer's Aimed Shot!
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] You have died at the hands of other outlanders. The Oracle has decided upon a Price for this conflict.

[1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] An item (Lesser Wand) has been removed from your inventory as part of the Price.
    [1/19/2018 2:40:11 PM] An item (Bear Carcass) has been removed from your inventory as part of the Price.

No grudge against Pepi at all - I was flagged and fair game. It was a chaotic melee, and at times I didn't know what I was shooting at! You could say that Pepi's last shot and the elven archer's shot happened simultaneously, BUT - the system recorded that I died at the hand of the elven archer. Therefore I should not have been ransomed. (Like I care about a bear carcass and lesser wand;))

And I will log a bug report.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

So you lost items and XP?

11. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

Yep. According to the chatlog I should have lost XP (and 60K is my current "penalty" for the first death of the day), but not items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.