Our subreddit has new moderation!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ben_Hroth, Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hroth

Ben_Hroth Avatar

It's been some time since the Seeedinvest AMA but as the Release draws near more new folks may head to our subreddit, /r/shroudoftheavatar for an initial impression of our game and community.

I learnt today that @Freeman has taken over the reins! Personally I feel he is well suited to the job... And not just because he has great taste in little-a avatars for the forum. :) Please drop by to add to the discussion!

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So.. not just * Beasty * ranting nonsense every day in awesome fashions?

Interesting.

Freeman, Astirian, hroth and 5 others like this.
  3. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

You love alternative facts do you :p ?

Jens_T, Ahuaeynjgkxs, Salix and 2 others like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Care to source any, ANY proof of that claim? Becsuse thats more of a stretch then any claims i see on the subreddits.

Jens_T, Salix, Mykll and 1 other person like this.
  5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Doesn't take much to quickly determine there is a social engineer presence on those reddit (and posters clearly from the gaming industry) sites especially RAW. You have people there who quit the game 2.5 years ago, dont play it yet post 10-25 posts a day with conspiracy theory on the game... Endless raging hate about the game. Go check it in a few hours, this post will already be referenced and be talked about in a thread.

Whats funny is they get so upset when I say it... saying things like "PROVE IT". Ya, as if you can actually *prove* it. What you can do is spend 6 months there watching and reading every post and getting to know whos posting what and formulating an educated opinion. Its also interesting to see who always reacts when you say "social engineering".

There is one in this thread now from reddit who practices spectacular reverse psychology.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Interjecting here quick that we won't have another hate reddit thread, thanks :).

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You live in an interesting world...

evillego6, hroth, MrBlight and 2 others like this.
  8. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

SotA still has to do telethons every month to keep money coming in and you guys are going on about some kind of grand conspiracy on behalf of major developers to sink the game because it's a threat or something. I think said companies might have bigger things to worry about.

The conspiracy theories are a fun to read though so keep them coming. =P

9. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

The proof is in the pudding, as they say!

jamaplaya likes this.
  10. mass

mass Avatar

Not to mention it doesn't seem particularly well read.

hroth likes this.
  11. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

But.. this is objectively not true as anyone who looks at the front page of the subreddit can see right now... Over the last ~15 days there hasn't been a single thread made about hating the game or anything about hating the game.

It's very strange to see people lying about how others are lying, I just don't get the point.

You know... that might be because you have yet to actually prove anything? Or even provide a starting point or single piece of evidence for why you might think that?

It's so bizarre to see the constant claims here of conspiracy theories and how people are making stuff up about the game with no basis... and yet there is no self awareness at all about all these conspiracy theories and made up stories about the people on reddit lol

Sir_Hemlock, hroth, Jens_T and 3 others like this.
  12. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Hey whats your EA employee # agian? The boys over here at blizzard with me, wanted to do a weekly rundown on skype.

Ahuaeynjgkxs, Salix and Mykll like this.
  13. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

So your making claims based on past experiences, without actually fact checking?.. ll

Hummm.. seems oddly simular to what you assume everyone on there does..

So how many hours do i need into SoTa before my opinion isnt troll/ garbage, just because i post it outside of moderation?

Salix and Mykll like this.
  14. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Isn't SotA_Official "ours" and not shroudoftheavatar or shroudoftheavatar_raw?

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  15. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

@hroth is talking about https://www.reddit.com/r/shroudoftheavatar/ not Sota_official.

The most active one is shroudoftheavatar_raw with , well, you know what type of posts.

Astirian and hroth like this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Personally,

- I think commenters here making personal attacks and defamatory claims about people on reddit should be treated by the mods the exact same way as if they were talking about people on these forums. It doesn't help SotA one bit that people here want to engage in some petty Hatfield-McCoy feud with reddit commenters. If you think what they're saying is wrong, that's fair to say, but keep your personal feuds off the forums.

- If Blizzard were concerned about competing with SotA and saw it as a threat, I would be worried myself simply because WoW and SotA should have slightly different audiences, so different markets. SotA isn't supposed to be a theme park game, and I don't expect all themeparkers will like SotA. So it would worry me simply because that would mean Blizzard got the impression that SotA was basically just a themepark MMO.

Freeman, evillego6, hroth and 2 others like this.
  17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Of course *you* would say this <wink>

Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  18. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

Within my alliance most people read the reddit, as they are not able to read the forums anymore. We are just 12 people left playing though :D

You guys may like it or not but the way SotA is perceived by new people is largely based on communities outside. Platforms like reddit or mmorpg.com have a huge influence, and are often probed by people to get an unbiased view of a game. I wouldn't be so fast to call them all haters and ignore it. If a bunch of haters can succesfully influence how your game is percepted by outsiders, maybe there aren't enough lovers ;)

19. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ahh. Theres that huge list of creditable references and examples.

You go girl!

Social engineer!!

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Most people around here would appreciate you not turning this into Reddit Raw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.