1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

EXP, $15 per million, other forms of payment in post.

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Mac2, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

So what your saying is that according to "b" everyone selling gold or any resources are violating the TOS? Really? Portalarium setup those forums for that exact purpose. So not following your statement.

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

I've posted a question directly to the dev and it remains unanswered for week.

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Simple, point Berek to this thread. As Mac stated. Their opinion is the one that matters, not yours or mine.

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  4. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

I'm not saying it. The terms of Service is stating it. Either they need to update the TOS to reflect the business model or take action to correct the exploits. I don't care either way.

5. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Some people have law degrees and understand this stuff some people don't.

6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Some people assume a lot.......

Mac2, Antrax Artek and Sara Dreygon like this.
  7. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

PROOF!

I was hoping I'd be awake long enough to see the smoking gun.

Mac2 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

You can sell whatever you got in the game for money, that isnt exploiting the game for commercial purposes, but when you are doing $/hour, you are exploiting the game for commercial purposes.

9. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Who's assuming. I just want the devs to address this and either correct their Terms of Service or correct those in violation.

10. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Are y
    Are you asking for proof my question has gone unanswered?

11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

It was in answer to your understanding law statement. Or did you miss the quote?

Mac2 likes this.
  12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Actually it's stated that that he charges $15 per million which takes approx 1 hour of time. Could be less could be more. Which , to me, gives the buyer an idea on how long it will take so they can plan accordingly.

Mac2 likes this.
  13. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Are you answering my question to Sara Dreygon about proof or does this pertain to something else? Like I said I don't have a law degree and not as smart as some of you. I just want clarification from the devs. I think we are all entitled to a little transparency. Don't you?

14. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

@ Sean Silverfoot I see you and Sara Dreygon have a lot more Forum exposure and experience than me so, I am not as familiar with how things work in this realm. I appreciate your input.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

To me it was clarified long ago when the forums were set up by Portalarium for such purposes. And I believe that they are extremely transparent. *shrugs*

Mac2 likes this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

No worries, I rarely take anything personally. Hope you enjoy your time in SOTA.

Mac2 likes this.
  17. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Like I said I don't have as much experience on the forums as you do. Maybe you should be less disparaging to those of us trying to learn more about the game in its entirety and be more amiable. I think this would engender a more cooperative and encouraging environment.

18. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

I am trying to enjoy it but I work two jobs, go to school full time and have a family of five. So, I don't have as much time as some to get into the forums like this. I've most people to include the devs are less than hospitable when fielding questions. As I've said I have a question that has remained unanswered for a week.

19. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

@Sean Silverfoot Here is the question to which I am referring:

In the Post Mortem R49 unanswered questions, this was how may question was misrepresented:

"Sappersteel76: Will you add some kind of ranking system which will make it way more fun to do PVP and put more meaning to it?
    Tedio: Will you be adding a ranking system for pvp to make it meaningful?
    Yes
    Atos: See above answer to Cypher Black’s question. Lots of things we will be adding over time for PVP"

Below Is my actual question which remains unanswered:
    sappersteel76 January 6, 2018 at 5:54 pm

ALCON,

Warding Imbalance:
    I respectfully request that the developers please take a look at the warding imbalance as it pertains to PVP combat. For Example: A well developed polearm user with heavy armor can equip Earth warding against a level 116 Earth mage with Earth skills at 120-130 and easily defeat the Earth mage with over half their HP left. Whereas the Earth mage cannot equip physical warding to provide the same protection. Sure the Mage could use slot or few in their deck for defensive stance, fortified defenses, shield of crystal etc.. but these are temporary buffs that take up a potential combat DPS slot, thereby reducing the amount of DPS output required in PVP. Comparing the two is similitude to apples and oranges. This imbalance would require avatars whom are interested in being competitive to reclass/respec into the “warding” melee build to hope for victory and winning the season prize of store credit and other goodies. This essentially pigeon holes avatar builds into this specific class and denies players the path of their choice. Thank you for your time and attention.

Respectfully,
    Theraysa Claire
    House of Mangar

20. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

I sent this directly to Berek and Darkstarr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.