1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

EXP, $15 per million, other forms of payment in post.

Discussion in 'Vendor Locations & Misc Services' started by Mac2, Oct 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

That could be done by asking questions rather than quoting legal terms. *shrugs*

Mac2 and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Sway

Sway Avatar

your missing the begging part of this "quote"
    Exploit the Game or any of its parts, including without limitation the Game Client, for any commercial purpose, including without limitation..
    that is the key... "Exploit the Game" .. playing it as intended is not an issue.

Mac2 likes this.
  3. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

The terms of service is a legally binding document written by lawyers so I thought I would go the source of the term and try a see if it matched the action and it seems to be pretty clear to me, Which is why I made the statement anout some people having law degrees and understanding this stuff better than me.

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

All I know is the answer as best they can and a lot of questions do go unanswered. It's a small team with most folks wearing multiple hats. Launch is formost on thier minds. To me, and this is neither right or wrong, is that your comment comes off as an opinion. I'm sure they get tons of them. I've had my own questions go unanswered. I read nothing dismal into it.

Mac2 likes this.
  5. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Well how would you feel if two out of every three messages you sent the devs was ignored misread or met with hostility based on my decorum?
    P.S. Looks like Berek replied to the intent of the TOS in Mac's favor.

6. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Seems legit to me

7. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I'm not being a wisearse here. To me it's a game, in the long run it has very little bearing on my life except for the long term friends I have made playing. If I don't like a game I move on, if I like a game and not some parts I work around those parts. I don't expect any Dev's in any game to answer me personally. But that's just me. I use same name in game, if I can ever be of help, please let me know.

Solazur, CatherineRose and Mac2 like this.
  8. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Ohhh these bad guys with polearms :D i dropped them, no worries ;)
    Sadly someone tried to imitate me.

Mac2 likes this.
  9. StarLife

StarLife Avatar

Perhaps a read of the forum guidelines at the top of the marketplace would help. It is there in bold large text "Activities that involve real dollar exchanges between players if the goods involved cannot be delivered to the customer immediately are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace."

I think this pretty clearly states that real dollar exchanges are allowed (if conducted on the forum) and that if it is for a service (Mac's performing a service) then it must be delivered immediately. In other words, Mac is allowed to perform services for real dollars as long as they are performed immediately. I've never heard a complaint about Mac's service delivery.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  10. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

The primary concern of this statement is directed at the unethical practices of an individual with insider information and knowledge of the game playing in a PVP tournament against those of us with out the same advantage and winning real money. Additionally, the imbalance was a polite way of bringing this to the devs attention without causing an uproar an also providing the opportunity to address discreetly in house without harming the individuals reputation.

Antrax Artek likes this.
  11. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Indeed there is nothing wrong about what you said, was just joking ;) i agree with you, warding system is pretty unbalanced.

Mac2 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  12. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Just wanted to provide the devs the opportunity to correct multiple issues without seeming crass. However they removed my question and added me as a contributor to Tedio's question about PVP. So, first they ignored me, then they misquoted me and now they are completely avoiding me. It is a little frustrating when I am trying to help them and they treat the situation this way. Doesn't matter now that the game is pay to win and those of us whom have invested many hours developing our characters can be matched by someone Mac has power leveled. This goes against Richard promise not make the game pay to win. So, I am probably going to leave the game. It was fun while it lasted and I hope there are no hard feelings. It was good gaming with you and Dhanas. Good luck. I hope the devs can save some of the vision they originally started off with.

13. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

14. Antrax Artek

Antrax Artek Avatar

Come on, is not bad like you're describing. If the game stays skill-based there are no chance someone can reach your time spent here praticing and understanding your and other characters.
    My opponents usually have 20 or more levels than me (many many millions more experience points) and very often if i play good i'm the winner.

15. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Here's the point I am trying to make with the XP for cash...Scenario: Two players starting the game at the same time One player purchases a SOTA store offered potion that gives 1mil xp over a duration of and hour without you doing anything but drinking it for $15 and you have the money to do so then what's to stop you. However t
    he second player
    who doesn't have the money to spend on the potion has to grind the xp the old fashioned way and will thereby never be able to keep up with player one. This is by definition pay to win. Every game I play game that does this it isn't long lived. Nor is this equitable or in keeping with Richard's vision of no pay to win. It doesn't seem bad to you because you already have a well developed character as do many of us. However consider the individual just starting and how daunting this would be.

16. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

They will never make more exp then I can generate, and I never got free exp from some item or anything, in fact, this is a 45$ account. I am the perfect example of what one can achieve with as little cash as possible.

The new players, the ones who make friends and join guilds and stuff are leveling faster then we all did at the start of the game. Most times get free gear and get better exp in groups.

17. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Again not my point, sir. They are making more xp an hour with you for a set price that not everyone can afford. This is pay to win. Can a new player earn 1mil xp in the first hour they play the game without paying you, or someone else? They answer is No. Do you disagree with this?

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I do disagree, if they have a friend or guild who will do it for free. I have even taken a few new guildies out to get exp, this is nothing new. Are you trying to say this is not possible?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  19. sappersteel76

sappersteel76 Avatar

Again this statement is conditional on the new player finding a "good" guild capable of achieving the 1 mil xp an hour mark. This doesn't change the fact it is not equitable to those that cannot pay the $15 do park their avatar while you provide them the 1 mil xp. What you are doing may not be a violation of the TOS in Berek's understanding but I doubt Richard would see it the same way and furthermore it is not the vision Richard had for the game when he promised it would not be pay to win. The reason you cannot or will not see this is because your are benefiting from your pay to win service.

20. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Yes and I appreciate the help running thru the Brit sewers to help me complete a quest I could never do on my own. Really appreciated you and Acealeus doing that.

Yep it's like pay to win, those guys that play 16 hours a day have an unfair advantage over me since I have to work and can only get in 3, maybe 4. Perhaps the game should restrict everyone to only 4 hours a day play time so there is no advantage ( obvious sarcastic remark about Pay to Win).........had enough of this merry go round. I'm out. Night folks.

(BTW...shhhh...Richard knows....shhhh)

Fister Magee, CatherineRose and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.