Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] Khasi will not teach the I Love You Emote...

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Brazen Spirituality, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brazen Spirituality

Brazen Spirituality Avatar

The official answer is "This is by design" So...
    PLEASE share your sentiments in the suggestions forums post here
    : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-sidequests-by-design-is-a-bad-design.108869/

1/25/2018 7:55 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16339
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.721.Date.01.25.18
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (404.1, 92.4, -111.4)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDQwNC4xNDMsIDkyLjM5NCwgLTExMS40NDMpfCgwLCAwLjc5NCwgMCwgLTAuNjA5KXwyNTQuOTY1NnwxNS4wNjk4OXwyLjIwOTk5OA==
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  2. tomcat_de

tomcat_de Avatar

I have the same problem :confused:

3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Me three. I was in Ardoris with a lot of disappointed avatars this morning who now feel stifled because we cannot express our love :( since we already completed the Love questline. I know there are a couple emotes from other npcs that are the same way. Maybe main questline npcs should not also be emote givers?

4. Brazen Spirituality

I agree it is very frustrating that having achieved something difficult, we are penalized and not allowed to get a special emote.

Ajivani and margaritte like this.
  5. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Unable to reproduce externally.

1/26/2018 4:41 PM
    Reproduction Rate: 0%

You learn the /iheartyou emote by typing 'love' to Khasi

[​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12244
    GPU: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.721.Date.01.25.18
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (403.3, 92.7, -113.7)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDQwMy4yNjcsIDkyLjczOCwgLTExMy43MzkpfCgwLCAwLjkyLCAwLCAtMC4zOTIpfDE5OS41MzZ8MTkuMTA3ODR8Mw==

6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

@Mischievous Dragon have you completed the love questline? The issue is that the state of the npc changes after a player has, and they will no longer offer the standard dialogue. They just say the same thing over and over that indicates you have completed the quest.

Please see also https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/known-kardan-marbane.98892/ for another example of npc given emotes that are currently affected by quest state. Currently I know that Edvard, Khasi and Kardan Marbane are all main questline emote giving npcs.

@Lexie, @Lum the Mad says it's "by design", but that means that those of us who have completed questlines will NEVER have a chance to get new emotes that did not go in until after we finished them. Please resubmit this to the team and ask if maybe mainline quest npcs should not also be emote givers or if those emotes can be made teachable?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    FrostII likes this.
  7. Mischievous Dragon

8. Mischievous Dragon

Khasi does not even have any response to 'teach' and 'heart' keywords by design so that's why she is saying the same thing over and over again in the screenshot of the OP. Did you try 'name','job','health'?

9. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

That's what I'm saying, you can't "name" "job" "anything" her after you have completed the questline. She becomes a static npc who only says the one thing and does not respond to any keywords.

Look at my screenshot here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tyou-emote-if-love-questline-complete.108287/

I ask her about "love", and just get the canned quest completed response. You will see I have no keyword prompts in the bottom of the dialogue box, because there is technically nothing left I can say to her as I've finished her storyline.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  10. Mischievous Dragon

@margaritte The issue is that Khasi does not correctly respond to keyword inputs then.

11. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Yes, and Lum has said that's by design, that the npcs basically stop being a dynamic "person" to you after you finish the quests, but I would like either that changed, the main storyline npcs NOT be emote givers, or at least have the emotes made teachable, so that those of us who have finished the quests still have a chance of getting these emotes.

By Tor, FrostII and Turock Ockenshire like this.
  12. Mischievous Dragon

I am suggesting the following design change:
    If you have completed the Love Path AND you do not have the /iheartyou emote,
    then the /iheartyou emote can be learned from Khasi's courtiers, Chantik and Damai. :D

margaritte likes this.
  13. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This one comes up a lot. Guys, it's not a bug, as someone stated above. There are other NPCs with this, as well.
    Sending up another one saying 'it's a bug' will result in 'no, it's not'. It won't help anyone here, I'm afraid.
    So basically this case needs to be made on the platform intended for it (feedback section) where a lot of the design changes are based. It helps to gauge interest and player level priority that way.
    I get it, I really do. :(

If you haven't used up your quest wipe yet I recommend holding on to it. The option is there for those it will really help (sometimes it is circumstantial) but if you have your heart set on emotes (no pun intended) remember this is something that can be used to get it down the road. Just in case more emotes are added to quest NPCs later. This will let you get it WHILE on the quest as Lum intended.

@Brazen Spirituality

margaritte likes this.
  14. Jarikith

Jarikith Avatar

15. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Why on Earth would it be by design that those of us who have no intention of wiping the quest lines once we've completed them be penalized?

16. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Strongly recommend this be changed - doesn't anyone over there "love" us players? :rolleyes:

17. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

Player funded game where players don't get what they pay for by design!

Locking emotes in quests lines? Hard to believe the system needs to be like this! What if someone doing the quest doesn't know to say "keyword" to npc while on quest, they are shafted after they find out if they complete quest?

Using vendors as quest givers is also a bad idea, specially when most players will turn the convo off on vendors as it is a pain in the butt to have it activate every time you want to buy/sell from npc!

SotA quest system is broken imo, out of all the complaints in SotA, I think the quests take top priority, nothing is more frustrating then a broken quest or unreachable item/feature locked behind bad design!

Ajivani likes this.
  18. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

It used to be that if you had completed a quest line - you need only talk to the NPC and /gift to receive whatever had been added later. Why can this not be done again rather than forcing a complete quest wipe and re-do?

Ajivani, Echondas and margaritte like this.
  19. Ronni

Ronni Avatar

You really tell us that this is intended and we get no chance to receive these emotes? I ope this is no true... I have the same issue and that is not really a reward for testing the game in an early phase. I am really disappointed by this answer.... :-(

20. Brazen Spirituality

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.