Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Astrolabe now requires GM?

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I was just making some potions and noticed that the astrolabe recipe now requires level 100 in alchemy to make! Damn, that's a pretty severe requirement for an item that provides absolutely no benefit other than being able to see a pretty representation of the constellations in the night sky.

[edit] Apparently, the moondial requires GM now too.

Numa likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Astrolabe was previously 70 proficiency, which was skill level 98. Now it requires skill level 100.

With +5 tables, you needed skill level 85, now you need skill level 95. The reason for this is that the double-logarithmic function of both skill XP and the proficiency curve made the table +5 proficiency bonus significantly more powerful at high levels, in this case it was worth +13 skill. Now it's just +5 skill.

Without the tables, you need two more skill levels (which is probably around 200K XP), and with them you need 10 more skill levels, but the 85-95 levels take a bit less than the high 90s.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Barugon likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Did they ever give a reason why we needed a separate proficiency value to begin with? I mean, just going by skill level was too difficult or what? Anyway, requiring GM in order to craft those item is still extreme.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm sure it was one of those things that sounded like a good idea when they did it. And I'm also sure that they got rid of it because it was confusing. I know I was confused at first, and I've had to explain it to others.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.