Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Still low fps?

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by Youtoome, Jan 27, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Youtoome

Youtoome Avatar

So i am waiting every month for this "Framerate Improvements" and every month i see 20-24 fps in town.
    Is it possible for you to optimize project?
    My spec is 2500k 4.4 8gb ram 1060 6gb ssd and it should be enough to play such game.

Tamsen, Miganarchine and smack like this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

Even on a Titan Xp / 6700k / 32gb ram / M.2 NVMe drive system, it's still relatively low fps in towns. They've made great progress in the past few releases, but still have much more to optimize, unfortunately. Hope they can pull it off in the next couple months!

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Interessting. I have the 3gb version in my laptop and it's getting better every release. Got the double ram though.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't know how you're even able to play with only 8 GB RAM.

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Youtoome

Youtoome Avatar

I know how i am able to play every new mmo with stable 60 fps on high.
    Shroud is not one project for which i will get another 8 gb for sure.
    It should work fine with 8 gb.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I agree, it should! Last time I checked, though, it took more than 10 GB just to start the client while in my house in Parrot's Roost (which is essentially a ghost town).

7. milspec

milspec Avatar

8. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

i5 6500, 16gig DD4 2400, SSD, RX480 8-gig card here. Currently I'm running on Good settings. Seen improvements but in towns/cities it gets pretty bad. Some areas in towns still dropping as low as 1-10fps(this would be in Virtue Oasis), but most hunting scenes I'm getting 40-60fps(fluctuates) After loading the game, my system memory is down to around 7-9gigs free. I had to return my video card recently and was running on my iGPU(during r48/49) and when the game loaded I was already down to between 1-2.1gigs of system memory(was suprised the game ran at all...lol) Even so, I was able to get between 15-30fps in most hunting scenes and 5-20 in towns(depending on town and which direction I was facing) I normally would run while looking at the ground to get higher fps. Hopefully, things will continue to improve!

9. Youtoome

Youtoome Avatar

Yeah, i have pretty nice fps in this areas.
    But man i cant just stay there and dont enter towns(

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

They're working on performance now. But the big question is, what is your screen resolution? The game still has performance problems with really high resolution displays. If you have more than 1920x1080, that's going to affect your frame rate. If you have a 4K monitor, that could be the problem.

Sorthious likes this.
  11. Youtoome

Youtoome Avatar

Nope its just full hd.
    Lol even with hd i dont see much more fps.

12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I've lowered my resolution to as low as 1024x576, and it only nets me an extra 3-5fps, so I keep it at 1920x1080.

If you want to optimize your current framerate try putting the game on Fastest settings and cut off the other frills; special lighting, cloth simulation, camera effects, etc. Hopefully that will make the game more playable, if less aesthetic, until they fix performance issues.

13. Youtoome

Youtoome Avatar

With everything off and hd resolution you can get mostly stable 30 fps in town.
    But game start looking so bad i dont know how to play it...
    https://imgur.com/a/vRA4C

14. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Screenshot looks a little rough, but good enough to play. I'm not sure what you mean by '...I don't know how to play it'

As I said:

It's a temporary fix until performance optimizations are complete. So, you have to decide if you want performance or aesthetics. Maybe you can even find a balance by turning on options one by one, to where it looks good enough for you and the fps is acceptable.

15. Youtoome

Youtoome Avatar

For me game is playable with 60 fps at least.
    I love the idea of sota and want to try it for sure, but not with barely 30 fps and lowest settings.

You need to understand also, when you just played ff14 with 90fps in crowded area and teso with giant battles with 60-90 players on screen and 60-70 fps - sota is not the title i will endure such conditions.
    I just really hope they will do some really big improve with fps.

16. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You and I have entirely different definitions of unplayable. But, to each their own.

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'm often playing with 8fps ;)

Tamsen, Sorthious and Elwyn like this.
  18. 3devious

3devious Avatar

That is ragequit territory for me.
    I wouldn't say "unplayable" but I would be unlikely to spend money on a game with that kind of performance.

I know that I expect alot and admit that I am unresonable sometimes but we really need that kind of performance so that our *&$ can cash all of the checks that RG's mouth writes. Besides what we're trying to build deserves nothing less.

19. redfish

redfish Avatar

Often I'll deal with even less fps ;)

Tamsen likes this.
  20. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I get 60 fps most of the time, but there seem to be problem areas - particular lighting effects or I don't know what, that tank it down to 10-20.
    It also seems that the longer I stay online and the more scene changes I've done, the worse it gets.
    I keep hearing about performance improvements, and there are certain things that are better -I don't get the 'hitching' at all anymore, which was one of the extreme aggravations. I don't get player music going all skippy and laggy anymore. I've even been able to hang out in scenes with dozens of players in (parties and such) with no real performance drops, or crashes, and that's good.

But load screens are back to taking a lot longer, opening boxes even with a couple dozen items in is taking longer, opening the bank which has a few hundred items in, is coffee break time. Opening a player vendor that's got more than a page of listings is another coffee break. And the game still does reach critical mass if I stay online for 12 hours or so. But I think 12 hours is a pretty good run.

Tamsen and Sorthious like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.