Add Fishing!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Anuuk, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anuuk

Anuuk Avatar

Thought for sure this was in this list.. but since I can't see it.. Then please add fishing and make it have purpose, especially for cooking recipes (or other reasons?)..

...and make there be a huge variety of different fish types that require various types of fishing poles and lures to attain.

Also make fishing a chance not to catch the fish or possibly the fish was too big for your type fishing pole and you broke your pole or your fishing line or your lure or bait in the process.

Also allow for fishing anywhere there is a body of water that fish could logically exist in..

Fishing in a village, town or city community lakes
    Fishing in lakes, ponds, streams, rivers or oceans
    Fishing in dungeons?

Thanks!!

2. Mizzen

Mizzen Avatar

Hehe I really like this idea !!! I'm myself a huge fan of fly fishing and flies tying !!

3. Robert Reise2

Robert Reise2 Avatar

The fishing system in Final Fantasy 11 was SOOO cool. RG has been mentioning a lot of the very same things which made it great like phases of the moon, times of day, ect affecting various things in the world. FF11 had the same things which affected fishing.

4. psykez

psykez Guest

I love fishing, hunting, gathering, etc - each should all be given a ton of thought and detail to make them more interesting and fun!

5. Nomadic

Nomadic Avatar

I would like to see more done with the actual fish. Rather than just cutting the fish up into steaks, perhaps you can skin them and make something out of the hide..

Or use the meat to catch predator fish which would lead to some sort of gold drop, Sea Serpents ect ect..

6. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Sea serps and mibs were fun back in the day. If copyrights are an issue Whaling and Megladons could be a fun twist. Instead of Message in a Bottle as a reward make the catch big enough to swallow a whole treasure fleet. Have harpoon gadgetry available for ships...it would give tinkers something useful to build.

I would like to see fishing become a truly epic part of the game. Something jaw dropping.

7. mmorpgitalia

mmorpgitalia Avatar

nice idea /agree

8. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

Endangered species fish list. A list of highly sought after illegal black market aquatic species that are very rare. When caught you are given the option to release the catch....a warning! If you keep the catch you become flagged for combat until it has been delivered to the black market.

The black market traders will offer different level treasure maps depending on the rarity of the species.

9. stile

stile Avatar

As much as RB talks about fishing in interviews when discussing UO, I cant imagine they don't plan on having it.

just in case though, im a major advocate of fishing.

10. Riot

Riot Avatar

I LOVE fishing! Hell I even liked it in Final Fantasy XI where I had to catch 10,000 moat carps. I really want fishing to be a leisurely activity (so no obnoxious minigame that is fun the first time but then I have to do it over and over and over and over and over and....), but I also want there to be serious rewards with it for those who persist and dedicate time to it. Fishing up random treasures, magical items (like a bracelet getting washed near shore, maybe it's a quest item with a .1% chance to be caught or something). Point is, make it relaxing, but also make it a meaningful profession that is potentially equally as viable or profitable as blacksmithing for instance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.