Rest in Peace Bag Mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lained, Jan 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

yeah last time I went to montreal they were ILLEGAL ! they actually give infraction tickets, if you don't pay they bring you to jail for plastic bags !

Very thin plastic bags for veggies are fine, thicker bags like clothe store bags are fine. Yet it seems compostable, biodegradable and otherwise "green" bags are NOT fine, illegal ! The weirdest thing is that the big corporations they themselves subventioned to produce green bags have just been told : your crappy cellulose bags you spent 5 years working on, they will incite people to keep using plastic. Wait ? What ? You just told us... ok 10 million $ down the drain, right, its uncool to produce bags from waste agricultural material, keep using petrol to produce thinner and thicker bags, right.

Total nanny state... I reuse those bags a minimum of 3 times... they are solid, reliable and clean. Besides we just figured out how to turn them back into petroleum with only a small loss (new technology)...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  2. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I could work with incomplete systems, pushed back systems... but telling us they are dropping it because it isn't popular is like ignoring the fact we had threads upon threads about suggestions to make it work.

Brushes me against the hair. Mreow.

3. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

I hoping for bag mode flavor without the bag mode management burden.

The bag mode skull / coffin on looting is really cool. I hope they use it as the frame to the loot list.

If they make all the crafting ingredients placeable items, then they could place one of each component on the crafting table during crafting. Then you could kinda see what people are crafting. And it would add a lot of very relevant deco items.

Astirian and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  4. Stevvcash

Stevvcash Avatar

GOOD MOVE PORT!
    Bag mode wasn't good at all and didn't live up to UO bag.
    Bag mode had minimal immersing effect imo, lots of hardcore RP will disagree.
    Please use the newly freed up development time working on list mode.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

In California, they just charge 10 cents for a bag (of course the bag you get is much thicker than before and reusable). It's amazing how many people bring their own bags now.

6. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'm mainly a scientist, and as it stands right now, all the reusable bags sold here are made of microplastics, recycled sure but when they use they release tons of microfibers everywhere, from consumer unidentified plastics.

That + the fact that they pressured local companies to find alternatives to petroleum based plastics by saying it was good for Co2 and that they would get credits for this, then shower them with subsidies... then illegalised their solution is the definition of statistics based government.

Some statistic beat the other statistic and prediction, just like our statistic here has seem to have beaten our love for the bags.

They also had tried the charging fee for the bags here, people still used them because its cheap for a bag you can reuse for food and trash. You pay about the same for real trash bags anyways.

But thats beyond the point and scope of this parabole :)

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

ok I'm confused.. I'm a hardcore roleplayer now ? :p

does that mean perma death and full loot ? :D

We have a niche ! Bag mode is our martyr !

Astirian likes this.
  8. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

FYI I have decided to host a Container Design Contest!

Here is a link to the submissions thread.

Hope to see some quality entries before bag mode is removed!

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  9. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Don't worry, Episode 2 Stretch Goal of $2,000,000. Bag Mode Returns.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I'm starting to understand why PCGamer calls legends of Aria the spiritual successor to ultima online... look at what they did with so little funding, on unity too...

I'm going to take a walk outside, vent some steam.

Mykll likes this.
  11. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

What are you talking about? The beg mode is alive and well as per the last telethon, far as I can tell...

Sir_Hemlock and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  12. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

There was a bag mode?

Numa, Barugon, jammaplaya and 2 others like this.
  13. MindBlast

MindBlast Avatar

I hope they ditch the excel mode list mode too and add grid view:

[​IMG]

14. zerothis

zerothis Avatar

Now that I've looked at bag mode I think bag mode would be great if they could add list mode features such as filter, sort, and scroll.

twofoldsilence likes this.
  15. Dartan Obscuro

Dartan Obscuro Avatar

They could create a list mode which works like Windows Explorer where you can change your view between a detailed text list and an icon list.

Spoon likes this.
  16. Aiyarree

Aiyarree Avatar

Point is - death is not meaningful enough in general.
    In this special case the death of opponents. You have to kill them fast - and they re-spawn fast. No time to play around with bag-mode.
    = List-Mode.

Another point is the quest-items. Often they are not removed and it is unclear if you need them again or not. So you leave them deactivated.
    But if you are looking for something particular i am sure i would find myself in the middle of a mess with bag-mode. A mess that is avoidable.
    = List-Mode

Bag-mode is in fact two-dimensional. You can pack a lot more different stuff in a Bag in List-Mode than in Bag-Mode.
    = List-Mode

Things getting thrown into my bag uncontrolled. For example if you change youre cloth not manually but with the Deck-Change. Again a mess.
    = List-Mode

So i use list mode not because it is better or because i like it more.
    It is simple more logical and suitable for the game-play we were given.

17. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

This again shows me that SotA is indeed a MMORPG and the description "Single-Player RPG" is just for marketing purposes. Because MMORPGs are more about being as effective as possible and not about being as immersive as possible.

Mykll and Astirian like this.
  18. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

I don't mean this in a bad way; I think the issue with what gets prioritized is that you've got kind of a 1 Vs. 2 situation regarding the design leadership. Richard (and his legacy) vs. Starr (the director of UO) & Chris (Tabula Rasa). So you have this happening a bit I think:

1+1 > 1

It would appear that the ship is listing a bit at the moment in favor of Online (and probably why Offline Spawn Rules *look to be* fairly low on the priority list). And I'm theorizing here, but it's also probably why bag mode got put on hold all those years ago and stuff like equipping companions was way down on the list as well if it ever was actually a thing? I've been away a while. (you could point to U8 and U9 on that last one but we're supposed to be aiming for the best here)

... I'm pretty sure the dialogue box is down to RG's minimalism ethos though and I do wish he could see how much we love, love, love the artistry of the U7 dialogue.

Finally I think you can also attribute a lot of this sort of thing to the sheer madness of trying to make a single player game and MMO at the same time. It's a great, fantastic, kind of madness but it's also one hell of a balancing act, and one that's a little lopsided right now methinks.

19. drahn

drahn Avatar

Data is false. I have felt this way about a lot of data that is being used to make some decisions. The data you are looking at is a small subset of testers and the available features currently in place. I too would switch to list mode often based on task but I definitely do not agree that bag mode should be killed.

Astirian and Mykll like this.
  20. drahn

drahn Avatar

This is a big hit to the "spiritual successor" as designed.

Astirian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.