Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

character limit?

Discussion in 'Release 50 Feedback Forum' started by SoM6, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoM6

SoM6 Avatar

dunno if i saw this somewhere, but..

how many characters can i make?

visitors limited to one?

2. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Just 1 per account for everyone atm.

Some pledges had 2nd and 3rd character slots included, and they may offer extra character slots as an addon in the store when these rewards are implemented ingame.

3. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

Well currently thinking is that you can create different “wrappers” for your avatar and just as @Elnoth already said currently just some pledges had additional character slots included but everyone can have currently just one avatar.
    But they will not be as they are used in other games…so to say today you would like to play as the one eyed, hobbling man and tomorrow you would like to play as extravagant, noble woman and simply chose a different character while logging in…the character slots are more like a jacket you can switch to look different but you will keep no matter in what body you currently play e.g. your virtue.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I sincerely doubt that the other character slots will share the same skills and level that your current avatar does, so not just a wrapper.

Rufus D`Asperdi likes this.
  5. Katu

Katu Avatar

Character on same account will not share the skills/xp. Bank, guild?, virtue, owned property access and stuff like that. ( Could not find any reliable source for now )
    But I would not pay for character slot, that just makes my character look different. I don't care what my character looks like.

6. Nick

Nick Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/q1-2018-schedule-update.106312/

Release 52:
    • Multiple Characters: Players will now be able to have multiple characters on a single account. Note that these characters will share virtue and will have a common bank account. Characters will also share guild membership and land ownership ( including lot access permissions and rentals).
    Hope this helps. :)

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

To add to @Nick 's note on it being on the schedule about 2 months from now.

I thought that since you are a relatively new player I'd say that apart from the physical appearance there is very little reason to have multiple characters in SotA compared to other MMOs.

This is due to the no-limits, use based skill progression system. Where leveling a skill up to about 60 is very easy/fast XP wise and there is no disadvantage in adding more and more skills.
    So lets say you have played as a "sword fighter" skill type, and want to try out a "archer" skill type instead. Then it is faster & better to use your existing character - set all the "sword fighter" skills to a halt, and start training those "archer" skills instead.
    Then you could have one "skill deck"+equipment for the sword fighter and a different "skill deck"+equipment for the archer, where you can switch between them on the same character whenever you so wish.

Hope this helps and best of luck out there in Novia.

Happy hunting

Spoon

8. Katu

Katu Avatar

Except this is going to change in next release, when skill proficiency comes. Check Chris daily blog.

And 60 in skills is nothing. 80 is the nice hangaround spot, but more is still better.

9. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

@Nick
    Thanks for finding it.

I think in the last telethon or the one before LB had a question in that direction and said that all these character slots will still be "you" (the one sitting in front of the monitor) and that there will be no difference between those slots regarding your virtue. If you are a bad guy doing bad things you will keep this virtue even if you switch to another slot as you are still the same avatar.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

o_O

The advice would still be true after the proficiency change. We are advising someone still using a "visitor" account, so most likely in their first two to three weeks tops.
    Proficiency is far away for someone like that.

Katu likes this.
  11. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

I asked this question during a telethon. LB said that the other characters would share bank access, and Virtue. So no need to go thru the virtue questions and no change of path as I see it. I was wanting a more Roll Playing setup so I could have very different characters not just weapons, armor and hair style.

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Don't you mean "will share"?

Katu likes this.
  13. Katu

Katu Avatar

Mmm.. I have no idea what I tried to do there..
    Shared: bank,guild, virtue, property access
    Not shared: skill/xp

TranZdog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.