Why i think community events is not a popular poll option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arkah EMPstrike, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Most of the in-game events are dance parties listening to a community driven radio station.

This has been the bulk of community events (or the most agressively advertised) and while the community itself is a part of the game i really like, the events i am very burned out on

2. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Well, we have mailboxes now. Maybe we should have mailbox dance parties of old (other games) to spice things up?

3. CarlNZ

CarlNZ Avatar

They'd need to add night elves to the game.

Mykll and ♔ jammaplaya ♔ like this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

With icy effects?

5. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

It would be nice if I could actually catch many of these in game events. Timezone difficulties and translating their start time is often a hazy barrier to attending them.

6. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

There is magic devices which with You can figure out easily what is your friends current time or starting time of event. I am using Time Buddy where you can set up 4 different time zones including your own. Get that app, set it up and you are aware of times all over the world.. :)

Also, for example Our guild has maybe half players from US and half from Europe and we try to run events at time when everyone could possibly attend. Tomorrow for example at Ordinis Mortis we will have Valentine’s Day Dinner which starts 3pm central time and lasts till 7pm ( 9pm-1am UK time). Come and stop by ;)

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...uanna-brasserie-valentines-day-dinner.108470/

7. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Community events probably got such a low vote partly because so far, the 'in game community' activities have not really gathered steam - the parties are huge fun and I've attended more than a few (and will be at more in future!) but although I think we have a good sense of 'community', especially through the forums, it's yet to get a real presence in-game. I think it'll get a higher vote if we develop more, and more variety, and get word out to a bigger part of the (hopefully soon to grow fast) community in addition to the forum fans and website readers, and maybe if we get the chance to make more 'player involvement' events going in places people congregate or gravitate to - which makes me wonder if we can get @Chris or @DarkStarr to give out some info about where people tend to gather in multiplayer to try spot some 'popular places' where we can interact more. I guess the classic example for most of us ex_UOers is an equivalent to Britain Bank, where you knew you'd likely meet several other players and let meetups, hunts and events evolve from there.

Bow Vale likes this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I fail to see the issue.
    We have a hard, not too small and not too big core of forum active players that are doing this events from the very start of SotA.
    As long as they are happy with the turn out *shrugs*
    Want a different event? Come up with one yourself.

Kain Darkmoor likes this.
  9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I've been to all sorts of things!

There's dance parties, sure....
    [​IMG]

But there are also...
    Various holiday parties - with gifts!
    Fashion Shows
    Virtue League
    Beetlesweeper?! -https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/beetlesweeper.83149/
    Treasure Hunts/Contests
    ^Restaurant event Luca posted above
    Group Hunts "(lets go kill big things)
    Mining Expeditions
    Fiction/Reading Room/Open Mic stuff
    Crafting Training Events
    Fund Raiser Events with games/prizes

I've seen people hold church services, poetry readings, and I know some folks who are working on being able to put on a play. I've been on a nature reserve tour, to various open-house events, scavenger hunts. I've been to roleplay events which range anywhere from people reading a script to true improvised actual in-character roleplay with narrative and backstory. I've been to a concert that involved 5 musicians all having to /sync (they were very good) through a whole set of performances. All of this exists.

There's loads you can do with the tools we have available. And there's loads of stuff going on all the time. I think the difficulty is letting people know about it, currently the forum is the best place for that. Mailing out flyers/books has been popular lately - hopefully more tools to let people know what's going on will come in time.

10. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

There was also a murder mystery night, and "The Green Rogue" already was a play with voice acting. And lets not forget Mynwent Haunted House.

We had a circus last year. I was really hoping for those Mardi Gras outfits for the next time we do that.

It's pretty easy to miss these things though, unless you're really paying attention to event times.

Aurelius Silverson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.