Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Potion of Guidance - 100 + levels in one hit

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Elrond, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

[​IMG]

CRAFT TESTING

Did some testing with this one from lvl 1 Carpentry masterwork :

First masterwork - got from lvl 1 to lvl 116
    Second masterwork - from lvl 116 to lvl 140 and out of xp.

What if i want to level a skill fast but dont want it to suck all my XP pool ? My opinion it should be limited to 10 level increase max ...
    You do 10 masterworks to get to lvl 100 instead of 1...

Combat Testing - Bludgeon tree

[​IMG]

After doing 2 auto attacks on the training dummy had to stop fast before i run out of xp , one skill got 111 levels the other 106, sucked my XP in like 3 sec:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    liz_the_wiz, Sorthious and Numa like this.
  2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Liking the potion but yes i agree it needs as suggested, 10+ levels or an amount of XP total to be used. Maybe 1 million each time.

Otherwise, ill still take it as it is!

Sorthious likes this.
  3. Katu

Katu Avatar

Does it draw exp from skills set to unlearn?

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

NO

5. Katu

Katu Avatar

Ok, I assumed so. Thanks for clarifying

6. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I don't masterwork because I haven't got enough silver, but there must be more to this potion than is explained in the OP. It sounds like this potion needs only a huge pool of XP to work and only enough silver to do one masterwork. That can't be right. Coupled with the fact that people who level their masterwork capability in the traditional way suffer great financial losses through material breakage, the potion as described would amount to cheating. So where is the downside? Do you have to have hundreds of the same item in your inventory (to be broken) and thousands of silver to use?

Xandra7 likes this.
  7. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Even 10 MW for 100 lvl would be FAR TOO FAST.

8. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

That is correct at this version all you need is 5 silver ingots and 1 item to masterwork...and gain 116 levels.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Elrond

I think the bug is that instead of a 10x skill use multiplier (which would be +900%), they have set it to a x900 skill use multiplier (which would be +89'900%).

Sorthious and Astor Cerberus like this.
  10. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Personally i think these potions should only apply for combat...

eli and amarious like this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

It should give like 50%. Not 900%! I mean wth. If i got a full pool and multishot my enemie 2 times i am gm?
    That's way off. Waaaaaaay off.

Sorthious, Numa and Hornpipe like this.
  12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

We need to spread the ability for a few to make the best items. Even though they and I included have put time/effort into raising expensive crafting skills it adds to the effect of earlier players controlling all the economy/crafting. If this game is to succeed then it is important that new players ( edit and returning players) who now have it much more difficult ( less bugs/ less exploitable resources/ harder scenes) can catch up. Early players have still got the skills and can also make use of this and much more easily than newer players as well. The potions are likely to be expensive and bought from coto/cash shop which should also give Port some needed income.

Being an early player and investing much time in crafting and gathering resources i am fine with giving ALL players the ability to make the game less of a grind( they still have to grind that xp, but resource cost will be less for crafting) opening up new avenues for players to explore, and compete against established players.. Lets not be greedy and keep all our gains, some ill gotten in easier times to ourselves, else no one will want to play if they are forever the serf's in this world.

The game NEEDS a wipe, it isn't going to happen. This is a slight leveller for new players.

Hunter OfSouls and Gorthyn like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Bow Vale
    The problem with that as I see it is that all higher Kickstarter pledgers are rumored to get a replenish box with them.
    So while I agree with this being a small potential equalizer it seems that the whole implementation still favors old timers in that we get the potions for free and we are better at accumulating XP.
    So in the long run I don't think it will help new arrivals as much as you and I hope.

Sorthious likes this.
  14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

We need returning players, these are players that have already shown an interest in the game and splashed cash. Returning players are also generally in the same boat as new players, maybe a little further out to sea but still generally in sight of land. Since persistence the numbers of players has been less until lately where we have a small upraise...\o/ This will encourage those who get this as part of their pledge and '2 week headstart' to return.....i believe it can only help.

(Edit: Seems i was wrong on the below :( )
    Also....The addition of another commission free vendor, ie: pattern/cash register i feel is a way to entice players who have sold their vendor to the 'big boys' to come back into the game/economy on a more even footing. Players who have sold up valuable and game altering items will hardly ever return, i wouldn't...but this might again be a second chance/leveller for them.

Spoon likes this.
  15. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Sounds like the math is bugged. Elrond, I think you found the issue, it sounds like its doing 900x exp instead of 900% exp which would be 9x exp. I'm sure they will fix it before it goes live. 9x exp sounds awesome!

It could also be boosted to help us faster test Mastery (or whatever it ends up being called)

16. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

not to highjack but its only a skin that everyone is getting from previous bundles/pledges. keeping the amount of com free vendors the same so they retain their value so they say.

17. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

And this is why we test! lol

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I think someone misplaced a decimal point somewhere....or forgot it entirely?
    I thought this would be like 10% boost (similar to gm training, maybe) not ...."dump all remaining xp into the thing with 1 shot".
    I suspect this is not working as intended.

19. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Seems you are correct, Thx for the clarification. I'm sure i read it different to begin with, a week or more back, has it changed? Even though i think rewards should be valued and thus retain their value I'm thinking a opportunity been missed by taking this approach. It would have been enticing for a old player to regain what they once lost/sold, and no skin really off anyone elses noses, they get the same as well!.....Personally i wouldn't bother with any economy side of things without a commission free vendor, not just for the extra 10% but the ability to remove/edit items with no loss of commission already paid.

Back on track potions....

20. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

I disagree... Why only give the benefit to Combat/Mage skills and not the MUCH needed advancement for crafting skills?? I would LOVE to be able to use this potion for crafting experience, of which I have 4.8m at this point and 19GM's in crafting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.