alternative questlines

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Lati, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lati

Lati Avatar

Hey there,

I started on the Path of Truth and the first two hours were alright, the conflict between elf and man, the options. At the moment I've been sent to Etceter. After the Blood River up until now it has been a scrappy and disjointed hike without much content. The first quest I got was to safe some alchemist (tier 5).

I'm looking around for the other 38 hours of questline. The one I'm on lost me some hours ago. I don't see why my character should care about that dagger. Could you point me into the direction of some other quest content?

2. Katu

Katu Avatar

First, you definitely should add SPOILER warning..
    Second, "I don't see why my character should care about that dagger", So, if you play super mario and you don't like the princess, are you expecting some alternative "quest line"?

There's plenty of stuff to do and I'm sure you find something that your character cares.

EDIT: and posted this to New player welcome..

3. Womby

Womby Avatar

Welcome to SotA, Lati. The dagger is of great significance, but that does not become apparent until much later. It has been a while since I did the main questline, and it has changed since then. There are various side quests being added with each monthly code update, so keep an eye out for the release notes. Also, the way to find side quests is to talk to everyone. I hope that helps.

Spoon and Lati like this.
  4. Lati

Lati Avatar

@Katu
    Firstly: I don't think many people play Super Mario for the story.
    Secondly: I think Super Mario has more reasonable cause than my character has at the moment.
    And Thirdly: If a two-dimensional jump and run game from the 80's is your point of comparison for this game I don't think you'll be much help to me.

I didn't open this topic to argue opinion. If you just want to talk to someone, try your friends. I won't respond to your posts again.

Thank you.

Not much, but thanks again. I learned there is a path of love and courage as well. Isn't there a way to go into these?

5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Greetings and welcome Lati,
    You can enter Highvale for the path of Courage, and Solace Bridge for the path of love :)

Spoon and Lati like this.
  6. Paladin Michael

As you are in the region near Highvale, I would first try Highvale, the Outskirts are great :)

Lati likes this.
  7. Paladin Michael

This would be great to post in the Feedback Part of this forum:
    Perhaps you could be so kind to post a Link from their to this one. It's important to provide constructive Feedback for the Developers, where they can find it ;)
    Thank you for further feedback!

Weins201 and Lati like this.
  8. Lati

Lati Avatar

Greetings and thank you Paladin Michael!
    To Highvale then. This is what I was looking for.

Well, I appreciate you saying that - I think it's highly individual. I play with a rp-kinda mindset, trying to behave in a way that feels natural to me, given the circumstances. For example I don't talk to every npc. One of the few reasons I see for doing that is losing a child and being frantic.
    I probably will put something more detailed in the feedback section at some point.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Paladin Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.