Earned Experience from Multi Player, Freinds Only and falgging PvP or not

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

This does not need debate

I am sorry for putting out bad information I tested these number in Serpents Spine Foothills Build 728

Firstly I think something is wrong here as it was determined a long time ago that this was out of whack.

Now to the TRUTH

Friends Only - while flagged PvP or not (+ single player mode on top near your compass)
    Base Line​
    Multi Player not flagged PvP
    10%​
    Multi Player Flagged PvP
    20%
    Again I am sorry for putting out bad information.

But I am also not to happy that I had to spent about an hour crunching numbers to determine this.

I am also pretty sure as I already stated that this was long ago determined to be something out of whack and should only be 10% since this greatly penalizes playing in friends only.

Finally this does not need debate or answers since I did the hard time and math and anyone going to dispute it with instruction from old posts, number . . . waste of time.

I reiterate I am sorry for those who I mislead

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Did you research involve reading? Because that's where I got this information about one year ago.

Reminds me of an anecdote.

Wife: I didn't realize this sweet potato gnocchi had milk in it. Stupid Trader Joes.

Me: Is it really Trader Joes' fault? Or is reading fundamental?

Ajivani likes this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Its a forum design problem... there is no single place with definitive answers from devs, theres hundreds of subjects and long threads where we experienced total radio silence and left to speculate while devs jumped in obviously trollish posts they had no business IMO to answer to.

There should be a HUGE FAQ that is constantly updated on the forums for such important information. This way each time we fall into speculation, someone does not have to search the whole forums and unrelated posts to find a quote.

Xandra7, Paladin Michael and Weins201 like this.
  4. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

Did you also realize that private instances which are all mines in the game .... do not give the 10% MP bonus also ?

Ajivani likes this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

good and where did you read it because I tested it long ago after it first same out with a 25% bonus and that was changed a few times and after all those adjustments it was only 10 for being flagged AND in Multi Player. I know because I did exactly what I did THEN to figure it out today.

So when this change was made it was NOT published in instructions therefore there is a lack of information.

I am not dumb nor ignorant but this game make me feel that way sometimes because of the vacuum for information.

TY for very clearly reiterating my point about

I
    N
    F
    O
    R
    M
    A
    T
    I
    O
    N

The post I removed to correct my error and apologize had a comment from a player saying a dev will fix it in the next instructions - - -

A PLAYER SHOULD NOT SAY ANTHING OF WHAT A DEV WILL DO! DEVELOPERS SHOULD DO IT THEMSELVES :mad:

6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Uhm. Time to take a walk and calm down Weins.

Since it is me you are talking about I simply don't get what the issue with me saying that is?

In the topic you have since deleted I first quoted and linked to the exact release information where we got the info.
    I then proceeded in saying that I'd report it as a bug that it hadn't made it into the Player Instructions yet.
    So I reported it as a bug to which Lexie responded that it would get fixed in the next review.

You can head over to the bug reporting forum yourself and find this info.

So of course I can and should tell you what the devs says that they will do since I had done you a favor and was saving you all the work you said you'd do otherwise.

Then you do this? Really?

Just because a player reported it as a bug and the devs said they would fix it?

Please take that walk and calm down, this isn't a big deal or anything like that, we report bugs all the time and get dev responses to them. It is SOP.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

was not an issue with you sorry more of an issue that a developer cannot answer for themselves, sorry, this was not a bug this is information as I said.

Also I guess when I say it in the forums and even tag some developers, last release talked about almost the exact same thing ????

Again not directed at you but this is not a new issue, it is the lack of centrally located and

Correct

Information

is a large issue especially since the game is supposed to Release next month.​

Paladin Michael and Spoon like this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No worries man.
    Don't let it get under your skin.

Lack of information is a given due to the project scope vs team size. Hence why we need to keep steering them in the right direction through bug reports when they go FUBAR.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more"
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Henry_V_(play)#Act_III

Paladin Michael likes this.
  9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This was in the patch notes I thought for whatever particular release this was started. I recall in one release it was max 25%, then after a release or two it was reduced to 20% (10%/10%).

I don't recall anything like this being left out of patch notes. I get that maybe very esoteric or complex formulas are left out, but in general things like these are patch-noted.

10. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

It doesnt penalyze friend/single mode cause in friend/single mode you got the whole map to yourself.

11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

It is the lens you look through. Perception is often more valid than math statistics. People "feel" the game for the most part. If it feels unfair then there is a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.