Ridiculous In Game Housing System

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cock of the North, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

I would just like to share my experience as a new player to this game.

I compromised a lot of what I previously believe to be important to enjoy the things that I can tell are actually really fun about this game.

One of the main attractions was player housing.

To cut a long story short, I have recently realised that, no I cannot buy a nice little house in this 90% empty ghost town because firstly, they aren't even for sale anymore (even though the entire town looks like its from a dead game) and secondly, all in house lots seem to cost at least $200.

I am scratching my head here wondering how a game, which I believe is very close to public release, can basically appear so incredibly dead over approximately 75% or more of the map (npc towns and empty player towns) and have such an incredibly game breaking real money transaction market for what appears to be very very very basic in game content (NPC town row lots in completely unused NPC towns).

I could maybe understand the above being the situation if it was 5 years into the game and it was heavily populated and the places I wanted to live were actually really obviously overpopulated busy bustling places where you could benefit from owning a house with a high level of traffic for your vendor to sell, or for role-playing purposes had a very nice appearance or meaningful location.

I just want to buy a damn taxed row lot in a dead NPC ghost town where most surrounding areas label themselves "under construction" when you enter and I simply cannot.

To me this seems utterly game breaking and yeah ok, you obviously have a lot of people prepared to sling thousands of $$$ around the place like its candy but I cannot honestly understand how you expect new players like me to actually enjoy this huge aspect of the game when it has been made so ridiculously inaccessible.

I am not going to pay someone I do not know hundreds of dollars in order to own a house for fun.

I respect that its probably far too late to change this but it is honestly completely out of control and genuinely makes me want to log out and play some other game since I won't be able to experience such a large part of the fun on this one.

I might add that if anything, my owning a house in a NPC town would only improve the quality of the game for others like me who come to the town and see people actually living in it, selling things they might want. Rather than the current vast fields of empty lots and empty houses place marked by tax free deeds that actually look like they ARE for sale (but are not).

/endrant

It appears more like I am walking through the ruins of a dead culture in a lot of towns, rather than somewhere for new beginnings which it would seem a game that's about to be released should feel like.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

;):):cool::D:p

very well said, I know three is going to be a massive follow on telling you how easy it is :rolleyes: or that you can buy them in gameo_O but you will have to grind you brains away to get their:( or a lottery:eek:

I
    T
    Y
    S

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

It is a big, mostly unpopulated world I agree. In terms of a place, You can easily get a free room from other players, but you can also save up, buy Crowns (COTOS) and get deeds/houses from vendors. They are quite expensive and really other than a place to put your stuff and bind to don't really have any other value unless you like a place to call your own. I think they are addressing some of this in R51 and launch R52. Player housing is super important to me too. I will say owning and decorating/farming is really fun and fulfilling but to only to a certain point. Some quests give cool household items you can place. Also, when you move on from your old weapon you can remember all the good times by hanging it on the wall in your bed room. Also reading by the fire is nice. Hopefully home ownership will have other benefits soon.

Sorthious and Chatele like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

ah of course - but some players who come to this game their house is a HUGE value.. the OP just said so and is now marginalized.

4 weeks to release and a player voices a valid concern and is immediately marginalized.

True I am marginalizing your opinion but I am sticking up for the OP so he does not just walk away like 75% of players who voice concerns in these forums do because of the reactions here.

you actually validate his concern saying how expensive they are but diminishing his concern because a house is important to him ????

( many here are going to jump up and down because I criticize the game HARD, but I am still here )

amaasing, drahn, Cordelayne and 2 others like this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

" they aren't even for sale anymore (even though the entire town looks like its from a dead game) and secondly, all in house lots seem to cost at least $200."

The first part of this, do you mean you cannon find a place to put a deed down?

6. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

There is a lot of marginalization going on here. All I was saying is that I hear him and agree. They are expensive, however have limited use once you get over the novelty. I still would not feel compete without one. They have incredible value monetarily, I was speaking to the fact that there is not a ton of benefit yet.

EMPstrike and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

It may have been that since they are giving a set number of deeds, folks havehoarded deeds to sell later.

I know there are alot of deeds being tradedback and forth, and also alot of NPC town deeds that have been placed inside PoT’s, and since deedsare limited, will inevitably make alot of npc towns ghost towns

8. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

I found a village water plot and claimed it for my own in Xenos some months ago. There are lots around, especially in POTs. Just check with the crier in any town to see if there is anything open.

Sorthious likes this.
  9. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I would first state that if the primary objective of most people trying to own a home is access to a vendor, then getting access to a vendor is very easy to do without owning a home. For example, most of the popular guilds have guild vendors in the prime trading spots. Another example is renting, most player owned town governors are happy to rent a space for free or very cheap with access to vendors just because they want more people in there town. You can also sell anything without a vendor at all using player forums or discord to advertise.

Second, probably 90% of player owned towns and about 50% of npc towns are mostly empty. There is TONS of great space to place a house.

Third, owning a row home or a village home is VERY accessible to casual players not wanting to spend real dollars on the game. To say otherwise is a flat out lie. Additionally, the oracle gives you 500g a day which covers the rent for a taxed row home. The row lot deed comes with a house for free, and there are many village houses that are very cheap to craft.

If you are mad because all the "good" spots are taken, my advice is to make your own good spot. Those places didn't become what they are magically, they became that way because players grouped together and said "I want this to become something special". You can do that too!

Elwyn, Sean Silverfoot and Vermine like this.
  10. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

He is saying that Row Lot Deeds specifically are not for sale in game. He would have to buy them from another player on the forum for real money.

I agree with him. I have also wondered why taxed deeds are not for sale above the banks for IGG.

11. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

Fairness gone amok, just my two cents.

3devious likes this.
  12. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

If they were easily available, they wouldnt be anymore. I think there should be a place anywhere nomad tent system or camping system that relieves pressue on housing and that people with too much gold or $$$ will not bother about.

13. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I guess renting rooms/floors kinda fills the above vacuum, neat to see used camps around though.

Chatele likes this.
  14. MasterWan

MasterWan Avatar

Cant you buy deeds from the automation vendors for COTOs?

Sorthious likes this.
  15. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You can buy deeds from, obsidian vendors for cotos, 85 cotos for a pot row lot deed I believe. There is one of these vendors by the public vendor in owls head.

Sara Dreygon, Numa, Solazur and 3 others like this.
  16. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

If they were easily available, there would still be taxes to pay on them!

I could never lay down 5 deeds, I simply could not afford the taxes.

From Ports perspective, one village deed is about $10 per month! Give out the deeds and collect the taxes!

17. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

You can, but some still don't like the fact that cotos are largely created by other players spending real dollars. I don't agree with that line of thinking (especially given how Shroud is being funded) but it is what it is.

Hornpipe likes this.
  18. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

For people who wants to take part in housing and for the whole game balance (I wonder, we actually just talking about skill balance ;)),
    my suggestion to help new players:

1. It should be possible to buy lot deeds at a vendor (like actually the lot deed raffle seller in bank).
    Of course with the restriction, ONLY players without having a lot deed can buy one.
    Well, I am not talking about upgrading, this should be possible, even if someone owns a lot deed!

2. To take part at the lottery should also only be possible for people who don't own a lot deed.

Especially the lot deed raffle made a huge advantage to long time players who pooled a lot of gold ...

At the end: if 20% of the players own 80% of the properties, well towns will not grow ... a town needs inhabitants ;)

Yes, you can buy from another player - for a lot of ingame gold, for Cotos (must be bought also), for real money.
    We are talking about (new) players who can't afford the money and the time to earn the ingame gold ...

Yes, of course, players can also rent a room and a lot of good people give free room.

But if a player wants to take part in housing at 100% (s)he should have an in game solution, not only the store address ...

Numa, Mykll, 3devious and 1 other person like this.
  19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I didnt know that! Thanks. Im going to grab a couple for somebody

Would be cool if they had place anywhere lot deeds too.

Sorthious, Numa, Thwip and 2 others like this.
  20. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Entitlement versus Earning.

Sara Dreygon, Lesni, mass and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.