Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] skills not given an option to maintain or unlearn

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Sir Grant, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

1. Title: skills not given an option to maintain or unlearn
    2. Reproduction Rate: Always
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: Playing with skill tree, found under heavy armor, endurance skill only has options to Train or Not Train. It is currently at lvl 60. Also under polearms, Bec de Faucon lvl 78. Fire>Fire Speed lvl 43, OKAY basically every skill directly above the specialization skill.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Go into skill tree
    6. User Specs: i5-3450@3.10 GHz, 16 GB ram, Windows 10, 970GTX

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I was not able to repro the Endurance skill bug you reported. I am seeing all the options. For the report that follows this sentence, I'm not really sure what you are reporting exactly. Can you break it down for me?

Also, what build is this? Please use /devbug on your reports, where that info is automatically part of the pasted information. I believe you will find it easier than having to type all of that :)

3. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

Okay, I'll try to explain it a little better.

First example, when in the skill tree (K) under Heavy Armor, the Endurance Skill has two options, training and not training. It is missing Maintaining and unlearning. In this example, the current endurance skill level is 61. The specialization below has not been purchased. All other skills under Heavy Armor do have 4 options.

Seccond example, under polearms, the bec de faucon skill (also directly above the specialization skill) has only two options, training and not training. It also is missing Maintaining and Unlearning. In this example, my bed de faucon skill is at level 78. All other skills under Polearms have 4 options.

This is duplicated (only two options, Training and Not Training) for the skill directly above the new specialization skill for at least the following trees: Fire, Sun, Life, Air, Subterfuge, Focus and Taming. It should be noted that in each of these cases, the skill being affected HAS NOT REACHED LEVEL 80 and is directly above the new specialization skill. I have found that I only have 2 skills above the specialization skill which are level 80 and both have all four options. For Tactics, I do have level 80 Strength skill and I have purchased the specialization skill. The Strength skill does have all 4 options (Training, Not Training, Maintaining and Unlearning). For Earth, I do have level 80 Bulwark of Earth, but I have not yet purchased the specialization skill. It also has all 4 options available.

Other skills not specifically mentioned have not had the skill directly above the new specialization skills trained at all.

I hope this helps. As far as your not being able to duplicate it, try to use a character which does not have the skills directly above the new specialization skills trained all the way up to 80 yet.

2/19/2018 6:31 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.636.Date.02.19.18
    Area: RandomEncounter_Desert01/Scorpion
    Area Display Name: Desert Encounter
    Loc: (112.3, 135.2, 112.6)
    Debug: UmFuZG9tRW5jb3VudGVyX0Rlc2VydDAxfFNjb3JwaW9ufCgxMTIuMjk2LCAxMzUuMTk4LCAxMTIuNjI4KXwoMCwgMC44NDgsIDAsIDAuNTMpfDQ1fDEwfDYuMDg4MTI2

Thanks,

Sir Grant
    aka Dorquad

4. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

Just wanted to check to see if this has been looked at again... It is still repeatable by me in the test server.

Thanks

5. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

Skill level can not be lower then then the child demands as prerequisite. Once the parent has reached the prerequisite, you can set it to maintain or unlearn. However, you can not unlearn below the prerquisite.
    That is independend of child bought/active or not.

They should change this, so one can truly unlearn a complete tree.

6. Sir Grant

Sir Grant Avatar

At this point, there are no prerequisites to limit unlearning (the skill below has not been activated).

This behavior is a bug because in r50 and before, the skills did have four options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.