Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Dig in (shield skill)

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by mystarr, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

1. Title: Dig In Shield skill
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Build 628
      I'm honestly not sure if this is a bug or just really sad.
      @Chris indicated that the specialization bonus for this skill is extra duration....
      However, it's a channeled skill so it last as long as you are willing to sit there doing NOTHING to use it
      It's also really Really useless. It gives a small avoidance buff that shares the same channel with other better avoidance buffs (glancing blow, fortify defense) so if you use it, you are stuck there not moving and you are actually HURTING the avoidance of party members because you knocked one of their better avoidance skills off when you used this sad skill
    Then it gets a duration boost for specialization.... Surely this is a bug?

1. Steps to Reproduce:
    2. User Specs:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@mystarr
    I've written up a bug for the duration as you are right, it lasts as long as you use it (and you can't do anything else in the meantime). I'm quite familiar with this one.
    With it being useless, it is ENTIRELY situational and yes, very niche. Let's say you have a support class that doesn't want to do damage - to keep their healing bonus, for example. Plus, it can save tanks and damage dealers time if they are able to change their own rotations. Fortify Defenses, for example, has to be cast every 30 seconds. But, it's entirely situational for sure and requires teamwork and communication for it to be ideal. Spread across a full party of 8, at GM it gives 10%. That's amazing to me. But yes, very niche. It's not one I'd use every day.

Perhaps another bonus can be set that would make this skill more useful to you. We shall see what comes of the report.
    # 55919 created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.