I'll chip in...

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by Volkang, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes you are right and I really agree with what you say. One thing I did hear Darkstarr mention recently is that we can one day get placeable camping when the game gets a few place anywhere items coding created and implemented and probably these would have timers too which would be needed I think.

I am just always so excited by upcoming things still coming to this game. I want to have horse racing when we get mounts in this game as only one thing to do out of many possibilities when mounts make their appearance in the game. Of course taming them is a must and perhaps training them too ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Astirian, Tamsen, Volkang and 2 others like this.
  2. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Yup, forgot about the shrine buffs; those would be available to every noob. They're small buffs, and won't generate resources, but should up the old damage meter. Fishing still sucks.

Time Lord and Numa like this.
  3. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Camping skill...ahh, miss it. :)

Spoon and Time Lord like this.
  4. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Resolute wasn't under siege yesterday!

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Again, as a totally noob first impression, I'd have to declare the game economy in its current state pretty crocked. Helicopter money from the oracle won't help, and might be a large part of the problem, but there is no way a new player can participate, as the apparently free money has driven prices so high. Food especially should be cheap and easy to come by, but if that were the case the buff durations are way too high; an hour would be about right given game mechanics. Beat me up if I need it, but that's where I'm at right now. Oh, fishing still sucks, lol. Oh, and thanks much for all the friend requests guys, but with some of those names...

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Spoon and Time Lord like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol yes fishing updates got pushed over and over for other things. The good news is there are plans to do more for the fishing in this game when they get to it. ;).

Spoon, Volkang and Time Lord like this.
  7. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Oh good! I'll keep tossing it in there in case someone notices, hehe. All the fundamentals seem to be in place and doing well, so far.

majoria70 and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

OK, I failed her test, but she didn't bother to tell me why? Confusing.

majoria70 likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well what I think and it works for me is if you have done some quests of certain types for example I have not done a truth Quest that I know of but I have done some love quests and I chose courage path at the start of creating my character so long ago. Most truth quests were later added to in. Ardoris is love quests. Now someone can tell their idea if I'm crazy. It always works for me with love--yes, courage-yes, truth-no. Yes I agree she Should give you a hint why too. How is anyone to know what's going on with it being so vague. @Lum the Mad

Volkang likes this.
  10. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

she's not vague at all. she'll give you the answer beforehand. ask her about each path.

Volkang likes this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thank you for that tip.
    I did ask her about Truth and she did say that after observing me it appears I hold that Virtue in some disdain which I guess is the clue that my answer for Truth is no.

She said that she has witnessed that I consider courage as important which is my yes answer to that one.

Also she has witnessed I hold love as important so that is my yes for the love question if that comes up.

Thanks very much @Alley Oop that was always a mystery to me but of course it was my own fault for not checking out what she said about my character ;).

So the clue to new and existing players is to see what the Oracle says about what she has witnessed about you and how you hold the virtues.

Volkang likes this.
  12. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Bravo, Mr. Oop! Half the mystery solved. That should help with claiming the helicopter money, but still not sure why. What are we doing that is for or against said virtue?

majoria70 likes this.
  13. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Also several towns have chest that hold free armor and weapons for beginners.

Volkang likes this.
  14. BoWo

BoWo Avatar

Could you provide an example? I'm still running around in the beginner armor ... and have no clue yet how to upgrade ...

Volkang likes this.
  15. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

what weapon are you wanting to use and do you want cloth, leather, chain, or plate? There are a couple of things in my give/take chest in New Fawn. In the crafting area in the Virtue Borough. Let me know what you are looking for and I can have one of the residents make something for you.

BoWo and Volkang like this.
  16. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Does the sun ever actually shine in this world?

17. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Things are sloooowly improving; since I ditched the shield and went dual-wield and parry I survive better, but can't see any damage coming from the off-hander. am i doing it wrong? (Yess, yess, I get the pun.)

Numa and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  18. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

@Volkang You need to train the off hand weapon in the Stragerty skill tree.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Volkang likes this.
  19. Volkang

Volkang Avatar

Ty @Lord-Galiwyn . I suspected as much but couldb't find it. Must look again closer.

20. Numa

Numa Avatar

Poisons help too. Corpion poison is relatively easy to make (and quite effective) if you're leveled enough to harvest them reliably.

Volkang likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.