Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Potion of Guidance - 100 + levels in one hit

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Elrond, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

They '' remade' the potion power it now takes 20 masterworks from lvl 1 to 100 ..so 100 silver ingots to GM a craft skill.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

depending on your pool. it's likely still a percentage.

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Tested with 120 mil pool .

4. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Well if you really were serious about testing this out, you would login to the game, get rewarded a random amount of gold and a random amount of cotos...then with those cotos you could buy unlearning books from an obsidian vendor....furthermore you would have an exp pool to test with and you can also use the gold to buy cotos/resources off player vendors and if you dont have much exp then maybe stick to not testing things out because you need to catch up with your exp in the actual server.

P.S. when your skills start hitting 70 they start to consume more and more exp with the same pool you had pre 70's skill...when your skill sucks up more than exp than the animal your skinning then eventually the pool is going to diminish unless you start managing your skills like everyone else.

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Seriously? Grats on not reading. You read so much into this that wasn’t there. Btw I’m not a noob

I clearly have logged into qa. I tried said potion it ripped in one hit my skill xp pool and one harvest my entire crafting xp, because there was a bug. My comment was it was kinda fun but it’s killed major testing in that toon.

I don’t want to unlearn my skills. It bumped me from x->y where x was hours of play skill. My point was I was left with no xp which hampers additional testing if you have to grind to get even a half reasonable chunk back

I have about 9 accounts. With various toons from lvl 95 down. Some accounts are there purely almost to qa with to wipe and burn and mess with and I got them in the days you had to pay to do that.

So please. So not come at me like I am not interested. Until a couple of months ago every qa saw me drop live and spend almost a minimum 6 hours a day on qa often more I’ve reported a lot of bugs.

LiquidBlaze, Solazur and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

You're right, a noob wouldnt have 9 accounts (I have 7 some for bind points across novia and I do most of my skill testing live and when I do post a bug it likely gets ignored anyways) ; but some of those accounts are noobish if just used for QA lol I just assumed you have never passed lvl 75 and were complaining that you should have way more than 300 exp for all the time you spent with what you had said but obviously I didn't read the whole thread top to bottom...and barely caught what you had been meaning by testing each and all the skills...I thought you were just meaning to testing one skill up and that you didn't have much exp to test one skill. Yes it would be difficult to test all the skills for many and frankly I wouldn't spend anymore time testing it than I already have mainly because its more addicting to play the game then it is to test new stuff especially since this release seems like it was half assed. I am sorry for being a bit temperamental and not dedicating more time to the forums/events to know you spend so much time in QA and enjoy testing so much. It really is hard to capture sarcasm in text and forums especially without watching any videos or other things you partake in.

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Well @Bryweyh. I thank you for coming back and manning up to say sorry. I don’t want to derail the thread but it is important I feel to say thank you. Counted I actually have 11 accounts. I’ve always had more characters than most understand. In th Everquest days the phrase was even my mules have mules. In this case I wanted spare accounts I could do anything with so I could make groups. Trade. Different main skills. Although my main toon is a bit of jack of all trades. I can do permissions look see if it’s character specific. It opens so much more detail.

Well. Servers should be being patched. All our qa testing is over for a while.

I find testing rewarding. Even if the bug doesn’t go immediately. At the same time looking at a bug fix list and seeing multiple things you found on there is a real win.

Bryweyh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.