Happy Hour in Q1 2018 - Each Wednesday @ 8 PM NBT starting the New Year touring the new places.

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Stryker Sparhawk, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Happy Hour for Release 49, 50, and 51 - Winter is past the solstice and Yuletide and as the days grow longer and brighter, we too are embarking on paths to new areas that are dedicated to showing newcomers that arrive on Novia how to live and thrive in this new world. We are visiting towns and places to bring stories, news, critique of the arts, music, dancing and otherwise unplanned mayhem each Wednesday at 8 PM (NBT/Central).

We will be touring areas that are near where new Outlanders arrive and have extended services and housing to them. If you find one that I have not identified, please drop me a line and we can arrange for a trip to that area, also. Thank you!

Schedule of Events!

Rest of Release 49:

Jan 10 - S Mart Factorium (near Resolute) @ 8 PM - Governed by @Vladamir Begemot , the Factorium is an industrial center designed in mind to allow new Outlanders to assist in the automation of goods production for pay and skill assistance. Please join us for a drink as we take a look at the "putting out system" and what Vladamir envisions with his Player Owned Town. Hope to see you there!

Jan 17 - Feeling under the weather on Flu Week (not associated with Shark Week)

Jan 24 - Dragon Tavern in Jade Valley - Fresh off the airship, and not looking so green as last week, Stryker will travel back to Jade Valley, home of Governor @Mal Hari and the Jade Empire, one of the guilds of the Phoenix Republic area of cities. While he may have his own special brew of fizzy water from Soltown, please stop in for a refreshing drink yourself!

Release 50:

Jan 31 - Knight's Watch (nested with Kingsport) @ 8 PM - Governed by @Astor Cerberus as a new player housing community, Knight's Watch is one of several POTs dedicated to offering new players a taste of the housing experience. We will be gathering Wednesday for Happy Hour to see how it all comes together while over a drink or two of your favorite beverage!

Feb 7 - Fish Fry Park and Fish Tale Theatre in Yew @ 8 PM - In the western areas of North Paladis lies the hidden township of Yew. Settled by the elves and humans, the town becomes uncloaked by the mists during certain astral events. A few of the residents have recently taken to focusing on the sport of fishing in Yew and have dedicated some of the housing area to make public spaces to spotlight such. Down in the lower areas, @Sol Stormlin and others have made a park to celebrate the feasts of fishing tournaments as sponsored by @Merv DeGriff and hosting great fishermen such as @Winfield and @Sean Silverfoot of PaxLair. Across the street in a hollow log house is the Fish Tale Theatre, where one can boast of great fishing epics. We will gather there Wednesday to investigate Yew and hope to see you there!

Feb 14 - Ordanis Mortis - Valentines Day at 8 PM - We are at the Sequanna Brasserie tonight at 8 PM for Happy Hour to celebrate the day of love and remember all those who loved us when we were new into the world.

Feb 21 - Hangover week - I am working late tonight and as such we will continue the rabble rabble next week. I think we are due a visit to @Fionwyn Wyldemane ’s POT.

Release 51:

Feb 28 - Serenity Isle @ 8 PM - We are traveling to the island home of Duchess @Fionwyn Wyldemane and stroll through the wonderful garden and cultural center that has been set up. Serenity Isle is located near PaxLair in Spindrift Bay along its southern shoreline. The island's significance is also linked to the aspect of Love (Sequanna) in the PaxLair cities and guilds interconnection. Hope to see you there!

March 7 - Spring Break time in Celestial Garden @ 8 PM - That's right! We traveling to the tropical shores of Celestial Gardens, home of @EclipseMaiden and one of the many places where the Deco Divas talents are on full display! So, its a beach party time to relax and listen to the ocean lap upon the shores, carrying the worries away... Hope to see you there!

March 14 - The Big Texas Gathering

March 21 - End of the Release Happy Hour in Beran’s Reach at the Bear Tavern @ 8 PM Central US- It is almost the end of the world, so we will go out in style facing all the odds and troll Gustball players (if they show) - Governor @Duke Vallas [BEAR] probably will have no idea this was spontaneously planned, but we will try to summon him with our chants of fame, glory and beer! Beran’s Reach is located just north of Brittany into the Regalas region on the way to Northwood. Hope to see you there!

Release 52 (Launch is Go!):

March 28th - Happy Hour celebrates the impact of Launch at The Hearth of Britannia in Kingsport @ 8 PM NBT (US Central) - While it is not Valemark, we shall go back and trace the origins of spirits past to bring us up to date on where the years have led us on this pub-crawl. We have had quite a history and intend to make more with new friends and fellow tavern mates. Hope to see you there!

A Q2 specific thread will appear next week as we plan future events for The Burly Mustache in Owl's Head, and PaxLair, and the 4th anniversary celebration of Happy Hour gatherings!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks @Stryker Sparhawk ! I'm excited to be hosting.

Our remote mountaintop factory is primarily dedicated to giving new players a place to come and find some crafting work. I realized that it is hard for them to get to do large batches of crafting due to the cost or time needed to secure big loads of raw materials.
    I also wanted them to get a little payout for their time, as they would if they were out adventuring.

So now, when you are buying S Mart furniture, you can know that there have been many hands that went into the creation of that piece.

We also have a store with non-exceptional gear for half crafting cost which also has buy orders available in small and large quantities. I really get a warm fuzzy when a new player comes through, sells a few iron ore and wood, and then buys some gear with their earnings.

The player driven economy is my favorite aspect of Shroud, and so it really makes me happy to be able to experiment with it and figure out how to make it create wealth for all of us!

So please join us on Wednesday to see the facilities!

4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Reiterating for this evening:

Jan 10 - S Mart Factorium (near Resolute) @ 8 PM - Governed by @Vladamir Begemot , the Factorium is an industrial center designed in mind to allow new Outlanders to assist in the automation of goods production for pay and skill assistance. Please join us for a drink as we take a look at the "putting out system" and what Vladamir envisions with his Player Owned Town. Hope to see you there!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Thanks everyone for coming! It was a great meet-up, so great to see everyone!

We started with a tour and explanation of how the system works. Short answer, if you'd like to do some crafting, /w me.

[​IMG]

Feeling a bit tipsy in this one, but everyone loved the clifftop view!

[​IMG]

And as night fell, a spontaneous dance party erupted, as so often happens in Novia!

What if it were like that back in the Outland? You go to the theater and watch a play, or have a circus, or a race, then everyone starts dancing and throwing a party? That'd be pretty cool.

[​IMG]

Syncronized dancing on @Grimace2 . He's squishy! He was also the first to player in the game to buy factory direct at wholesale prices! Thanks buddy!

[​IMG]

And thanks to all our supporters! Come on by, and tell any new outlanders you see that there is crafting work waiting for them!

6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Jan 24 - Dragon Tavern in Jade Valley - Fresh off the airship, and not looking so green as last week, Stryker will travel back to Jade Valley, home of Governor @Mal Hari and the Jade Empire, one of the guilds of the Phoenix Republic area of cities. While he may have his own special brew of fizzy water from Soltown, please stop in for a refreshing drink yourself!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Release 50:

Jan 31 - Knight's Watch (nested with Kingsport) @ 8 PM - Governed by @Astor Cerberus as a new player housing community, Knight's Watch is one of several POTs dedicated to offering new players a taste of the housing experience. We will be gathering Wednesday for Happy Hour to see how it all comes together while over a drink or two of your favorite beverage!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Belladonna Rose likes this.
  8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Feb 7 - Fish Fry Park and Fish Tale Theatre in Yew @ 8 PM - In the western areas of North Paladis lies the hidden township of Yew. Settled by the elves and humans, the town becomes uncloaked by the mists during certain astral events. A few of the residents have recently taken to focusing on the sport of fishing in Yew and have dedicated some of the housing area to make public spaces to spotlight such. Down in the lower areas, @Sol Stormlin and others have made a park to celebrate the feasts of fishing tournaments as sponsored by @Merv DeGriff and hosting great fishermen such as @Winfield and @Sean Silverfoot of PaxLair. Across the street in a hollow log house is the Fish Tale Theatre, where one can boast of great fishing epics. We will gather there Wednesday to investigate Yew and hope to see you there!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  9. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

If time is server time I'm saddened, as I can't be on until 9 pm server time usually. (Work, commute, kid, food, life, etc) If I can make it, I'll be there! If you visit my tower by the Northwest Entrance, the roof has a rather nice view of the town from the up hill side. I'll have some worms on the Tower Steward (vendor) at cost to help facilitate fishing fun for visitors if I cannot be there.

Sean Silverfoot and Winfield like this.
  10. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Hi Merv! Yes, it starts at 8:00pm (CST) server time, but rarely does it go for only an hour *smiles* I usually can only join by 8:30-8:45pm server time due to my work schedule. There are many people that stop by at 9:00 or even after. Hope you will be able to drop in. FISH! *smiles and curtsies*

Sean Silverfoot and Winfield like this.
  11. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Tonight / Feb 7th we are in Yew @ 8 PM Central - we will begin down on the lower level of the housing area where a couple of lots have been utilized as public spaces dedicated to fishing expeditions. The first one was hosted by @Merv DeGriff - long time resident of Yew, and may make a late appearance. :)

Winfield likes this.
  12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Feb 14 - Ordanis Mortis - Valentines Day at 8 PM Central - We are at the Sequanna Brasserie tonight at 8 PM for Happy Hour to celebrate the day of love and remember all those who loved us when we were new into the world.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    FrostII likes this.
  13. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

** Postponed until next week **

Feb 21 - Hangover week - I am working late tonight and as such we will continue the rabble rabble next week. I think we are due a visit to @Fionwyn Wyldemane ’s POT.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  14. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Can't you just use an automaton clone for work? @Fionwyn Wyldemane has put a lot of work into the hometown of Pax et Amor. Look forward to it.

15. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

So Feb 28th? I just need to make sure to BE there...lol.

Lady Addy likes this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Just give the keys to the ale/wine cellar and all will be good @Fionwyn Wyldemane !!

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Lady Addy like this.
  17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Release 51:

Feb 28 - Serenity Isle @ 8 PM - We are traveling to the island home of Duchess @Fionwyn Wyldemane and stroll through the wonderful garden and cultural center that has been set up. Serenity Isle is located near PaxLair in Spindrift Bay along its southern shoreline. The island's significance is also linked to the aspect of Love (Sequanna) in the PaxLair cities and guilds interconnection. Hope to see you there!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Sean prays to Sequanna in Serenity Isle for continued free ale at these gatherings[​IMG]

19. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

March 7 - Spring Break time in Celestial Garden @ 8 PM - That's right! We traveling to the tropical shores of Celestial Gardens, home of @EclipseMaiden and one of the many places where the Deco Divas talents are on full display! So, its a beach party time to relax and listen to the ocean lap upon the shores, carrying the worries away... Hope to see you there!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  20. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

Hey Stryker! Would love to host another happy our at my pup, maybe April sometime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.