Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

SPECIALIZATION... IS... AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Sara Dreygon, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

Interesting, I started playing again just to mess with this a little and the blade spec in general seems...underwhelming compared to getting extra damage for the other two trees (and I've been blade focused pretty much the whole time).

-5 healing to thrust?
    undo the nerf to whirling blades focus cost?
    I never got the extra attack from double strike to fire on qa (at 80).

coupe getting a wider window? now thats useful if it gets high enough.

Death on the other hand is very useful (reduces fizzle chance which I dont think even made the tooltip), now if we can just get the mentioned change that it will damage undead (but not drain them).
    (oddly the specialization resistance modifier does cause them to take token damage)

2. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

I'm very excited to experience R52 Skill Specialization after seeing above hopeful comments!
    Although I'm at work right now, but I'll be sure to login as soon as I get home!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  3. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I never played in offline mode, can we tweak skills there to test them?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Seems like is allowed. One guy used this to open like 10.000 yellow bundles :D

jammaplaya and Sara Dreygon like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Mouse over each skill and read the description. If it has a specialization bonus, it will be listed there. The specialization bonus is just a relative value to show how you're doing. Might even be best if we just hid it...

6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I was waiting this for a very long time. I'm experiencing the archery specialization right now. I can't say that I'm really thrilled with this one (arrow preservation is not interesting as long as we don't get special ammos and archers don't really need focus so much) but at least, I will give it a try.

Still, the system which force everyone to get attunement to resist spells and to train every spell to get the best decks is not fixed. But I'm confident.

Mishikal, Sara Dreygon, Retro and 2 others like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I've posted a few times that I need to make a pass at the archery tree. I'll try and make that happen right now as I just wrapped up all the bugs I had on my plate, including the 6th glyph weirdness! Also, just like with skills, expect to see some minor tuning of effects each release. This will be slowing down with launch but not stopping.

Knightwolf, Lesni, majoria70 and 5 others like this.
  8. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

That's okay @Chris, you could do it later ;D I'm an archer and I can wait :)

Nikko, Sara Dreygon and Hornpipe like this.
  9. Thadeus Crook

Thadeus Crook Avatar

I really like specialization!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  10. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I am not taking any specialization yet, waiting for Chris to work on the archer tree.... All I want to be is A archer ..... would be nice if we got STUN arrow , that will stun at least 1 mob at a time, and it would stay stunned till it gets hit.... would HELP BIG TIME when more then 1 mob comes at you.... which happens a lot. After all, archers are a 1 on 1 CHar...... we need some form of tackling more then 1... Also, a gm archer should be able to pull 1 mob at a time from a group of mobs... Waiting Patiently on you Chris.... But please do it when you have free time, I know your plate is full, so do it when you are ready, and thank you for all your hard work ....

Nikko, Sara Dreygon and Retro like this.
  11. Retro

Retro Avatar

I LOVE YOU!

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Please don't hide anything. I like seeing the numbers.

Lazlo, Numa, Retro and 2 others like this.
  13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since it's 100% experience return for unlearning, you can try something out and then put the points into something else if it doesn't work to your liking.

Retro and Sara Dreygon like this.
  14. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

The extra attack from double slash works for me, and it's a lot better than I expected. It really brings that skill closer to par with Thrust. The healing modifier on Thrust is underwhelming I agree, but that skill was already so good that I am not sure there is much they could do without making it too good. The 6th glyph is really helpful too, depending on how you build your deck.

Trihugger and Sara Dreygon like this.
  15. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Yes, but there is no good ones for archery, in the archery tree, none that is worth it ... so i'd rather wait to see what Chris will do with it...

16. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Chris - I want to parrot this sentiment. The mastery on thrust feels out of place with the specialization for the "bread and butter" skill of the highest raw dps melee tree. Blades, by design, is bereft of CC so it inherently has to parse a little higher to make up for that. Adding the healing debuff to thrust really doesn't further that vision. (I'm not particularly thrilled with it on rend either for that matter, but since it already existed and is just improving an existing feature I can go with that).

Thrust needs a raw damage bump with mastery. It doesn't need to be amazingly high, but we can definitely do better than this mostly useless healing debuff. You could do this with a crit bonus, a crit damage bonus, an armor ignore, a DoT, etc. I'd prefer the crit bonus as that's more in line with swords without feeling like we're white washing everything as the other options mimic other existing skills.

17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Chris made the changes with the 735 (at least, I see those in the tool tips) and personaly, it's very satisfaying. I don't speak comparatively to other schools (some of which would probably need adjustements) but the specialization is worth it now.

And I can confirm that, as it was said, Multishot is really improved. It's not Corpse Explosion (which has been nerfed with recent and very welcome changes by the way) for sure, but it's very good.

Numa likes this.
  18. Snakyy

Snakyy Avatar

Enjoy the insane passive exp loss with your specialization :)

Since if you have noticed. Specializations take at lvl 70 about 1/3 from experience you gain even if specialization is on maintain setting :)

Did not noticed that? LEL

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  19. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

Can’t say I’ve noticed anything like that, but I’ll pay more attention. If you have, please post it as a possible bug.

Alley Oop likes this.
  20. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Not a bug. And the actual number is 75%.

Chris' Daily Work Blog

Sara Dreygon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.