I lost 1/4th of my GM's from one death!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by King Robert, Feb 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

If I read up on this game or listened to a review and it was to lose experience on death, probably never would have started playing. Games like that become too much work and not enough fun. In my personal opinion, the majority of casual players are looking for entertainment value and not another daily grind.

2. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

For older players like myself I would agree with that. But then I see my son go out and choose his games to play, he checks out a few reviews, watches a few twitch streams, and then tries the free version before even considering paying for it. Right now with how this game is with decay, reviews and some other minor things, I couldn’t pay him to play this game. He would rather play arena style PvP with no risk, no grind and just entertainment. Die, and jump into the next 100v100 match.

FrostII, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Nikko like this.
  3. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Many good points in this thread. I just see the tiny little bits of gain and MASSIVE amounts of XP to get those gains when you reach level 110+ as the perfect mechanic to keep people from getting out of hand. I'm sure there will be a gap in the beginning (as there is). Sure... But after a year or so of most players doing their thing, that gap starts to really diminish. People will reach that golden level where they feel like there is no point in really thinking too much about advancement anymore, and then they just go out and have fun.
    Lose nothing. It's a game. Do we really need to lose anything? Perhaps I actually would choose gear, to be honest. UO had an insurance thing that you'd just pay a fee for each item you absolutely can not lose. And then they also had the "blessed" gear that you didn't even have to insure. It worked wonderfully, if you ask me.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  4. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Not sure I get the real point behind your message, not even sure what you are unhappy about... except telling UO players they are doing something absolutely not fun and that they should be ashamed to like such a boring game :p

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

So many have come to feel exactly like Chatele said so well:

6. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Maybe they should throw a feeler out via email (to every single account that they have had, and currently exists) that states:

"Dear Avatar,

Do you feel that you would play Shroud of the Avatar longer if adventurer experience decay upon death were significantly changed or removed? If you have left us, would this possibly bring you back into the game? Would you recommend this game to friends and family if this were significantly changed or removed? Reply to this email if you think it would make a big difference to you.

Thank you."

Maybe they look at the replies, count them up, and decide if it is worth revisiting this...

FrostII likes this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Its easily the most un appealing mechanic in game.
    Literally dozens of threads, complaints and reviews on it.

If they need a survey to tell them that, then they clearly do not pay attention to the community.
    I disagree with them a LOT, but theres no way they dont know the genrral feelinge about decay by now.
    I wouldnt even respond to the email out of principle.

8. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

But, my point is - perhaps they see that there are 1000+ replies and then they actually make a change. A feeling like that would help make sure they DON'T change anything if enough people had that stance on it. I would hope that people that hate it would reply and say so. (Not like this is going to happen, anyway, I suppose...)

FrostII likes this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Eh.
    Every thread about it the last time it wss a hot topic was locked.
    A poll was started on here where essentially even with people repelled by it, still 50% of the people left hated it.

Essentially the last time it ended with * Decay is staying, stop bringing it up.* or * Any thrrads about decay will be locked * or w.e bs answer wss given last time ( i cant remember exact quote, just remember being annoyed about it )

If the sheer volume of response on the forums isnt enough, then why would they care about the responses in an email?

10. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Perhaps you're right.

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

LMAO been asked for before and even sent same message to Support - ignored.

sorry but what is you have is what you get.

This game will end up being a Niche player game with developer working to squeeze enough money out of them with an added influx for one reason or another as time goes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.