The Race to Home Ownership

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PureEffort, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PureEffort

PureEffort Avatar

@Bayard of Outlander Welcome Center, welcome to my journey!

2. PureEffort

PureEffort Avatar

So Saturday was pretty much a wash due to putting new vendors on the last of the S Marts. But it's done! And they are fancy! (And I'm sure they are drawing more traffic.)

I just finally logged in, got my Oracle, had a 25g sale of wood on the Ardoris PV!

Sold a maple and pine bark at S Mart, and off to Ardoris to put some candles and such up for sale.

Looks like I'm already high enough level to have to do sieges.... well, at least I'll get some wood.

And the siege was pretty fun. I'm able to take down a couple of yellows at a time, had a few close calls but no deaths. Went into Ardoris, pulled some junk off the vendor, put some other junk on, sold trash, scrapped metal trash. Off to bed.

Started:
    Total Time: 3:06
    Gold: 6041
    Weight: 70.9/93.5
    Gained 1 badass wolf hat.
    Str: 14, Dex: 36, Int: 10

Today's Time: 24 Minutes
    Total Time: 3:30
    Gold: 7028
    Weight: 74.4/98.5
    Gained some wood and bark, haven't sold it
    Str: 17, Dex: 31, Int: 10 (must have been buffed when I did Dex last night.)
    AL/PL: 23/23

Sentinel2 and Rentier like this.
  3. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

This is a fun read. My frustration as a new player is that I’ve never had a coto drop. To get a deed I have to buy at 3400 or so off a player vendor.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

289,000 gold for a POT row deed. That's actually pretty doable. Maybe a bit tougher for a new player though.

[edit] You might even be able to find someone selling a deed directly for less.

5. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Excellent name for a fish and chip shop.

Your newbie log makes for interesting reading! Do keep it up.

Bow Vale and moxiepilot like this.
  6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This is why we need player vendors to support buying/selling partial stacks. The devs know we want it, and I'm sure it will happen soon enough once they catch up with getting Release done.

It's more effort for you, and you deserve a better deal in exchange. Your time is not without value.

I long ago stopped selling small stacks of stuff when I see people buy up everything I have, which indicates a demand for larger volume. For instance, I sell carapaces 25 at a time. I also don't put up everything at once, in case my price is too low. That way I'm not completely bought out before I realize that something is worth more than before.

Sentinel2 likes this.
  7. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Liked the idea so much that I placed a new vendor at Bastion's Point with buy orders for 1, 5 and 10 of wood and ores. Will add more all the time.

Look for lot owner Fiero Steele at the Town Crier

[​IMG]

Adam Crow, Numa, Vaentorian and 4 others like this.
  8. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Why would someone be selling a lot for around $45? That is a notable loss from the (old) store price. For this to be done fairly the lot should be bought from the Portalarium vendor not off a player.

9. PureEffort

PureEffort Avatar

10. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

Got to mention that I travel a lot and know of 5 such lots selling from 289000 to 375000.

Numa and Spoon like this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Because there are so many lot deeds that came from the raffle. The online store price was based on the old PA deed store price, to fill in for it when all the PA deeds were gone, because POT owners still had a deed shortage. Then the raffle came after that and pushed a large number of POT deeds into circulation. Now they can also be bought from certain crown merchants for COTOs, but I never checked how much they cost.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

289000 / 3400 = 85.

Numa and Spoon like this.
  13. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

Spoon likes this.
  14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Running around last night, I only saw one vendor selling COTOs for under 4000. And that was clearly a few older buy orders, because most of the ones that vendor had for sale were at 4000.

Elwyn and Barugon like this.
  16. PureEffort

PureEffort Avatar

Finally had time to play. Logged in, learned free attack and deck buiding +400g. Someone bought a jug of whiskey via the PV for 49g, thanks kind stranger. Someone taught me ingots from scrap recipes (these should be the default ones available at the start, not the normal ingot recipes.) Thank you kind stranger. Oracle +500g.

Siege yields loot. I can stay alive fighting several yellows. It's good to be an archer. Going to Solania to drop off mail, hit up a Dog encounter. Wohooo a Pine Resin! Now to figure out how to sell that for maximum coinage!

Ouch, Solania town crier is bugged. No cash, won't take my mail. I guess my postman days are over. Got Piercing Shot and Trip while I was there, and listed some deco loot on the PV for between 49 and 99g. Still, that was a big waste of time thanks to the no good Town Crier.

East Perennial Trail: New stuff here, it's nicer that before. And short.

Soltown: I had no idea there actually were burned down tents! I just randomly followed angry carpenter guy, and yeah, the whole burned down old camp is there! Handed in some quests, scrapped some metalworking stuff. Sent 800g worth of stuff/gold to myself, thus buying 80 slots in theory. So I've spent 1100 on bank slots, something I would never do at this point but I want to get caught up to my real amount so it's not hanging over my head. At this point I'm at 140 slots.

Some random fellow gave me a wolf hat +1. I'll pass it on to a new player near an outskirts.

Did a bunch of Soltown Quests. Heading to Bastions Point because they've got better buy prices than S Mart it looks like :) Siege on the way in yields more fun and loot.

Sold almost 1000g worth of mats to @Fiero Steele at his spot. Bought 2 taming collars at the same time. Thanks Fiero! Still have a couple ores and woods left, but still so helpful!

Solace Bridge to get the recipe book (turned out to be worth 750g at quest turn in!) Looted. Back to Soltown, sold stuff off, Learned Flame Fist. I divided I'd like to be able to cause a DOT fire effect from range, so going for fire arrow. Learned Blinding Shot, Evasion, and Swiftness.

Time to try out the Catacombs. Came back with 590g worth of weapons, plus the stuff I picked up down there. Not bad, I think it was 20 minutes plus or minus.

I think I finished all the Soltown Quests now. The bar looks nicer, the NPC's look nicer. Generally I like it more than when last I came through. No more backflips.

Sold some stuff at S Mart, now off to Ardoris to wrap up the night. I think I cut down on my gold significantly by spending a lot of time questing, but I just can't help it I might as well be honest with myself.

I had a lot of fun. I know it's easier for people who have played already to get to the good stuff, and not get caught up in the wondering how things work, but the good news is that at that point, it's fun!

I forgot to write my stats and had to log back in. A high level players was there. I asked him for the Wall Torch recipe. Since we give recipes away for free all the time, that's one thing I don't mind being given. I have yet to be in a gold transaction about reteaching recipes. He gave me about 10 metal working recipes, very nice of him!

Started:
    Total Time: 3:30
    Gold: 7028
    Weight: 74.4/98.5
    Str: 17, Dex: 31, Int: 10
    AL/PL: 23/23

Today's Time: 2:52
    Total Time: 6:22
    Gold: 11807
    Weight: 27.6/105.5
    Str: 20, Dex: 33, Int: 10
    AL/PL: 27/26

Numa and Sentinel2 like this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That's re-teachable, which (AFAIK) can all be learned simply by putting the right quantity of stuff on the crafting table. Wall Torch is too.

Spoon likes this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am Really interested when you start and finish the solace bridge outskirts quests. I am stuck on one.

19. PureEffort

PureEffort Avatar

/facepalm

If it's the ghost one, I have a feeling that's bugged. I think I'm done with all the others, we can do a spoiler button if you want to talk about it.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  20. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

It would probably take you about 150-200 in game hours, if not more, since loot price and the amount of money you get from loot doesn't change that much on higher tier maps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.