Okay, I have an extra stupid question... Crafting XP??

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Tyranthraxus, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    How in the world do I replenish my Crafting XP pool? What's a great way to fill it as quickly as possible? Thanks!

2. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

Y0u need to use any of the gathering skills to increase your crafting xp pool.

Mining or skinning animals is the best way to achieve this. For best gains go to a 5-skull area.

Three Eighty-Six likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

mining! ...any gathering, really.

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

And crafting. I know it doesn't seem like it, but if you craft a lot your making XP. Turn off your skills for a bit and make a big stack of stuff, you'll see it go up.

Plus Oracle test is 500 crafting XP as well as adventuring per day.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So on top of the other advice above:

Craft something new.
    Every time you craft a new recipe you get extra XP (they are on a diminishing return thingie) so one if the best early rush XP is to pick up a hobby you hate. Lock that hobby skill so it doesn't apply XP, then do each recipe in that hobby 2-3 times.
    The best school for this is cooking as you don't need to buy recipes since all the cooking recipes can be 'discovered' by placing the exact amount of ingredients on the crafting station.

Also check out this and follow the link in the spoilers to find the discoverable recipes.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-you-can-be-a-crafter-huh-think-again.111241/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  6. g04tn4d0

g04tn4d0 Avatar

Pensacola, Florida, Earth, Dimension C-137
    Thanks everyone! I'll do it!

7. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

What??? I had no idea. I've struggled with crafting XP since they removed the 10k/day from the oracle for it. I don't have much time to gather and I'm too weak to go to 3-5 skull areas. This is a game changer for me! Your FAQs are awesome Spoon!

Spoon likes this.
  8. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Really wish they would re-institute that, even at a discounted rate (say 5000 crafting xp per day).

Sara Dreygon, Spoon and Rhiannon like this.
  9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Someone owes someone a mug of mead and a grand tale in the closest Novian taverna.
    ;)

10. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Avatar

I think you are quite right, my friend! Our wonderful @Winfield brought some mead to a party our guild had in Austin last year and I got my first, second, third and possibly forth taste of that yummy beverage!

Winfield and Spoon like this.
  11. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

So here goes the question that no one asked.... So say you now craft everything in game 4-10 times and now your experience gained is diminished as well on these items... Outside of mining/skinning/chopping things a million times over, how does one raise experience in producer pool. Making the "Warlocks Chain" and other items give MASSIVE amounts (up to 1m Exp if your lucky) the first time and are VERY VERY hard to get. That is the major problem with this game is that it is either feast of famine when you craft for experience... While I am no Lace, Mac, Elron, etc... I am not far behind them and I have GMed the following skills All Alchemy, All Blacksmithing, Carpentry and Carp Salvage, All basic foraging skills for mining and working on the others as well. Overall I have 18GM's in the Producer groups and have had to do it one 500 exp ore node at a time... I have only been able to make ONE Warlock's chain and was able to get about 800k off of it which was a HUGE surprise for me :). Now I just wish we had higher exp nodes to gather to help us down the long road :)

IF anyone knows of a different way please enlighten us so we can all benefit from this info :)

Respectfully,

Malimn

Zader and discipleofweb like this.
  12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Being that high I think you already know this one. But adding it anyway for the audience if nothing else.

Batches of high tier foods work real nice in limited time if you max the exceptional chance with devotional, ring, station.
    Dragon for instance.

If you don't do the actual collection of the meat etc that is.

So you can see vendors that buy meats and sell foods at what seems like a loss. But what they do are two things A) attract customers/regulars to their vendors who might buy something more B) cheap producer XP batches.

13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

go resource mining, whether thats skinning, chopping, flower picking or mining.. (usually quickest)
    Also, make things. It may end up fairly trivial xp to turn that animal hide to leather for the 10,000th time, but if no skills are on train your xp does go up..

14. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

EDIT: Crafting XP has been on my mind/research as of late, and I responded separately to many replies here. So I just condensed them all in one reply. :)

On top of this (and probably why Spoon suggests doing it 2-3 times) is the "exceptional" craft XP you get. When it pops the first time on top of the extra XP you get for crafting something the first time you kind of say "WOAH!"​

This would be a great thing! @DarkStarr, please consider this and the following oft-requested idea:

Crafting XP from "tasks" / "quests".

We get tons of XP daily from completing quests, or from grinding mobs. Can we please have another mechanism to get crafting XP? I understand we don't want everyone to grind craft XP and wreck the economy, but a nice daily task, or something that is hard and you have to work for with a sweet Crafting XP bonus as a reward would make many smile. :)

Can anyone translate this into gold needed to get all the materials to craft this. Early on I got one of the recipes for the chain and held on to it rather than sell. But I gave up a few months later trying to farm the mats. I think I have 3 rings only. :(

Just curious.

So these bonuses apply to the XP you get? I just always thought it upped your chance to not fail at producing. But now that I think of it, if it ups your chance at exceptional, then I see how the extra XP can be earned.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  15. Malimn

Malimn Avatar

Problem is you will quickly hit the area where when you craft you will only get 20-30 experience per item made. So once you complete this your at a very minimal gain at best which is where I am at on a lot of things. :(

LOVE your second idea Magnus

On the Warlocks Chain... it just takes FOREVER, or a lot of gold to buy the rings, to make one of these unfortunately.. So lets say it is 15k for each ring if you buy it, that is a total of 120k just in gold... the rest would be the recipe's and hope and pray for exceptional on your attempts. The other materials are very minimal at best.

Devotionals do apply to experience, it gives you a minimal boost to being able to craft exceptional items and that is where you can get a minor boost to crafting..

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
  16. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

My strategy is twofold.

1. Don't freak out. I don't need to be a Master for 99/100 things, so I slowly work away at it. Day by day, one level at a time.
    2. For raising XP, I go through the base pieces daily. 1 piece of glass. 1 of each binding. 1 of each ingot. 1 wall clock (it makes bigger clocks). 1 rope fence. 1 massive stone paver -> 1 rough roadway paver. Of course, if I suddenly need 100 iron ingots I do them all at once, but if I don't need any that day I do 1 anyway.
    I've been hovering between 200,000 xp and 300,000 xp for months now. When I get the bug, I turn on the smelting or milling Effecient Refine skill, and take it up a level. Other than Masterworking and Enchanting, those have the biggest impact on the bottom line. I'm at 80 and 74 respectively. The lower level ones had to be leveled up to 40 each as well. And that's with only a few nights out adventuring, so it's almost all actual crafting XP.

17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

We're going to be playing this game for decades, so there's no reason to kill yourself now. That's my fortune telling of the day.

Kain Darkmoor and Xkhan like this.
  18. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Do you get a little extra for doing this? Lately I took to just refining materials I had stored. I am currently working on my 10,000 hide. It takes a while to do batches, but I usually ALT-TAB to something else, and just come back to restart the crafting.

19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

You get more XP for the first item(s) you do daily. I am not sure the ratio actually, it might even be longer. For instance, one time I hadn't crafted a Rose Display for a long time, a month or more. I got an exceptional on the first craft, and it was 10,000 XP!

Magnus Zarwaddim likes this.
  20. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Just the chance of getting the exceptional since each exceptional gives extra XP. It does not affect the actual amount, just the frequency of getting the amount.
    But since that tip was about saving up to batch craft some top tier cooking then all of those usually add a % or so, which nets a couple of extra exceptionals which makes it well worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.