Transparency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBlight, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

The argument of how many people are playing is really.. really getting old.

2 things.
    https://web.archive.org/web/2018030...laims-higher-concurrency-heading-into-launch/

Can Richard elaborate on the increase of player retention rate, and maybe elaborate on the changes he feels are attributing to this? Maybe it will inspire more people to give it another go, and maybe with friends. Increasing your base going into launch. Maybe give real # instead of letting people bicker over steam charts results.

Hell maybe i missed some of the major issues being resolved and i should re install?
    This would also help with your public issue of what seems to be opinions presented as facts, which your constantly taking heat for.

Maybe this would inspire more discussion on feedback that could increase this further?

And lastly.
    As stated NUMEROUS times before, please please Chris, i respect your in game decisions * everything except retarded decay* but your PR or community heads should be responding to comments, not you. Your responses and the comments is like reading a transcript from Xbox live. Seriously.

Pikegirl and Deadly Habit like this.
  2. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Seconded... Chris should not be allowed to interact with the public. He does a ton of damage to the company image

Deadly Habit likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Personally i like a little sass in my devs. That being said, anything involving SoTa is a business setting for him.
    If he was the opposing team on League of Legends.. great. But a crowd funded project? Not a good person to represnt IMO.

Its not the other persons job to be proffesional.

Just a suggestion with @Cerus becoming more popular and seemingly ( simply by reading his posts ) more experianced in a PR setting. ( this includes comments and online experiences.

Pikegirl and Deadly Habit like this.
  4. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Wow. The replies to that article are cancerous.
    Is this laval dude an ex boyfriend or girlfriend of a dev team member by any chance? Did they run off with the milkman? :)

You'd think that port had sold him a car that broken down on the way home.
    He must have dropped more than he could afford. Going out of his means to buy a duke pledge thinking it was going to be the next second-life land grab. Bit odd otherwise hounding like that at each opportunity.

He should probally stick to posting in youtube comments. Obviously THE premiere place for people to vent their misguided frustrations.

Don't feed the troll Chris, he angry!

Hornpipe, Rada Torment and Cordelayne like this.
  5. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Welcome to the comments and critique outside of this official forum echo chamber. There are a lot of passionate backers with concerns that get locked or deleted on here who have made it their mission to air their grievances on other sites that aren't moderated by Port. The way these forums have been treated has encouraged said people to get more entrenched in their opinions and follow any article about SoTA to air them.

6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Personally i dont see anything wrong with Chris's comments there, none at all. Still not forgiven him over tamergate though..... Whatever he says they will argue, black is green and fish smell of sheep....I thought he was quite restrained personally....

What you have to understand is nowadays any comment board/forums are the cess pits of the internet. You would think somewhere like the BBC website comments section would be relatively normal, no...it is just a bunch of & ^*&%'s getting their jollies( sad existence)...Honestly i think the internet has had its honeymoon and its all down hill from now....well, from 15 years ago at least....

Its always the way with everything in life when something that is small and grows into mainstream culture and normal joe public get involved. The Rave scene in England was great before it got commercial, Radio got involved, Ibiza decided to make money etc etc...the same can be said for the internet, back in the 90's when techy or at least competent people trawled what little of it there was it was generally fine, but open it up to the masses and it turns into a complete mess...

I never thought id say it but i would be for each person getting one ID( cant be traced to that persons real name but just an internet ID), that follows them forever, their history can be checked and they held accountable for their now anonymous actions...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    amarious, Sylence and Rufus D`Asperdi like this.
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Neither did I... I read through all the comments in that thread, and it's just the same two or three people repeating their same tired arguments, leaning on Steamspy numbers, and ignoring @Chris pointing out many times that there's a Public API where they could see the Actual concurrency numbers if they so choose.

All of the arguments presented presume... they only work if they have as one of their premises... that Portalarium operates first and foremost in bad faith.

amarious and Bow Vale like this.
  8. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Not so much passion as just hatred.
    I know, each to their own. If I didn't like a product I'd just learn from my mistake, say "well that was s***" (once) and probally not buy a game in early access any more. At least not invest a lot and certainly not more than I could afford to loose on gamble.

Life is too short me thinks.
    He should take up another hobby like investing his entire net worth in an exploratory oil mining venture. That couldn't possibly go wrong :) ...

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  9. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Um.. including here? :D

Deadly Habit likes this.
  10. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

I think a lot of people are involved due to the money they pledged in the Kickstarter and seemingly got a different product from what was pitched. Personally I have my issues with the development and devs skirting around terms, but most of everything sans the single player experience has been delivered.

I think the release is going to be a reality check on how niche this is.

Pikegirl likes this.
  11. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

I appreciate what you're saying.
    But dhamn... It's only a game!

Kickstarter - you place your bet and take ye chances! Or of course, you could start your own Kickstarter for others to take theirs on your vision.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  12. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Thankfully I didn't back this on KS though most of what I have has come to fruition. I just have never seen a KS project that relies on telethons or further funding like Shroud has.
    I honestly can't name a game (sans subscriptions) that does regular telethons that are necessary to keep the server up or dev team employed.

13. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

That's not even worth an ALT255 response... Go get some sun, summertime's coming!!!

14. Fazza

Fazza Avatar

Gotta have some revenue generating system, that's just economics. Can't have a team without money.

Guess they could put up some Pesi or Coke billboard adverts up at the entrance to Owl's head instead.

15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

As someone whos bought a pot. And upgraded it so its now metropolis just to get more decos, and then bought plots to add fundtions to the town. I can say ive easily now invested over 8k of my own cash in this. Would i like more visitors to my town? Yes, but its catch 22 without more people in there my towns offering not much more than any other town and ss its not on the overworld id guess few people even have been there. Especially as its not even on sotamap!

Am i angry at the cost? No, i was angry at having paid up for 5 i think dev plus accounts at like 300+ a go just to get dev plus only for it to be free.. and the cost of plot deeds does irk, but, if they were all like 20k igg and tax free they wouldnt be special but you dont *need* a house. You just really want one

If you bought a pot and you expected people bribing you to live in your town and make money.. you did the wrong thing. Game hasnt launched, the “masses” havent arrived yet, how can we all judge anything before its done. Its not like come 27th march they will never make changes again, and what we have now is basically all there will ever be

Pikegirl likes this.
  16. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

Back to the point of this thread -- I would also like to see numbers.

I don't think that is a big request, especially for having invested so much money into this game.

17. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

COTOs and the transition to vendors seems to be the way. COTOs are the fiat to currency exchange.

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There is a Public API that contains the data. Feel free to go look.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  19. Creb Darkenie

Creb Darkenie Avatar

what is an API? Not to knowledgeable about all things tech. What is this? Why cannot we just post numbers?

20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Creb Darkenie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.