Please say it ain't so... (server queue?!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StrangerDiamond, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It took a brief moment for me to log in last night... I was number 2 in the queue to log in to the server.

Sure that isn't a big queue... but we haven't released yet... and it was 1 AM EST... I've not seen many people online and there was only 3 on my friend list.

please tell me it aint so...

play for free... when its your turn ? when we're at the lowest possible number of players ? :/

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  2. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

The queue has been in place for AGES!!!
    You may see it from time to time but it's nothing new i assure you.

And it happens to all players free or paid.

Your just in an entry queue you don't wait long.

3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Well its encouraging that I've never hit it before ! thanks !

But I'm still worried, as there was like 200-300 players online last night... why do I get a queue so fast ? What happens if 5000 players join on release ? That won't be a short wait...

4. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

i wouldn't worry about it to much. if the queue gets too deep, they can scale up as needed.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

ok reason I was worried is that they told us they had bought the servers the game run on... so maybe they were gating traffic/bandwith instead.

6. Koss

Koss Avatar

No.. it happens to me from time to time here lately.. a queue of 1 to 2. Relax my friend...

7. Koss

Koss Avatar

And hey.. like its a bad thing. I remember sitting in a queue for hours during EQ. Throw me in a chat room and id be a happy camper (For those of you that remember them days).

Hehe.. a queue would shut down all the haters also. :)

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I try.. but between all the loose ends and the constant reminder that we should participate in the telethons and the clue that was left from the developpers that the server/bandwidth are costly... Its the first time I participate in a project that does not give me the impression things are planned in advance.

Thats why I made this thread so you guys help me relax... I'd like to play this game for a long time...

Snikorts likes this.
  9. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I dunno... the queue is one of the reasons that made me quit WoW... waiting 5 minutes ok... 15 minutes not so much.

10. Koss

Koss Avatar

Based upon all the negative bs I have read about this game that is totally unfounded, I'll take the queue good sir... :)

And I am sure you would know why...

It would mean people are playing..

I honestly would take that kind of a situation all day long to quiet the negativity about this game that has been posted by people hating...

:)

Alley Oop and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  11. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Be my guest :) I was simply wondering if someone could tell me something cool like : "Its just gated, we can handle 100k concurrent players"

majoria70 likes this.
  12. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Odd you posted that as around that time I was commenting just how many people seemed to be online I had over 40+ friends on and tons more in novia not on my friends list to the point i had to go friends to get an OK spot in a zone

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think the point is that there was a queue on a day that wasn't patch day. I see a "1" queue from time to time, but 2 is noteworthy. And only a week and a half to go before R52!

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  14. Numa

Numa Avatar

Happens to me from time to time. Rarely has it lasted more than a minute or two.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  15. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

The trick is to just never stop playing.

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats more expensive for portalarium :p but good for the stats... if they asked us to remain online to swell player numbers I wouldn't be against it, anything that can help !

I did notice a larger influx of new players, its very encouraging... :)

I'm guessing my being put into the queue was probably only a latency issue, while we were getting sharded to different instances something slowed down.

That night also I crashed 6 times (YES I'm very perseverant) when entering Owl's head, I assume it was because there was too much people and I bugged when trying to enter the most populated instance. On the 7th try it worked, but there are still memory leaks (although at least 200% better) I had to restart my computer twice to get back my performance.

Numa likes this.
  17. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

yea I posted about it today, but it was last night around 1 AM EST... its usually pretty dead by then, all my night friends all have evening jobs, its also my only free time to play so I know most of the regulars :)

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The only times I've ever seen the queue are after a server or lag blip that kicks a lot of people off, and everyone's trying to log in. It usually takes <5 seconds to get through it. I am not panicking at this point; if there is a massive population explosion and a 5 min wait to log in, that's a different thing entirely...

Nikko likes this.
  19. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

1 am est = 6am UK, 7am most of europe, heading lunchtime the further east you go..

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I think the queue is only related to the initial authentication for logging in. You don't even get near an instance until after you click on that "Resume" button. Of course if an instance were to somehow collapse in such a way that players got disconnected (or had to force a disconnect somehow), that could cause a spike in login attempts.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.