Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quincy/Emily quest

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by enderandrew, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I just noticed that if you pick up his sword and note in the intro battle scene, it is still in the chest later, even though you've already picked them up and returned them to his wife.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

There's no way to prevent this, though you cannot turn them in twice, I don't think. The chest with the letter/sword is considered an easter egg.

3. enderandrew

You can't tie the contents of the chest to a flag? I figure that might be a useful feature for other quests as well, such as not making contents appear until you hit certain thresholds.

4. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

I am having the hardest time finding the chest you're speaking about. I've looked everywhere I can think of around Solace Bridge. Can you help me out please? :)

5. enderandrew

I can't post screenshots as I'm at work currently. But I can describe.

So you enter the scene and there is a gate with the fort in front of you. Instead, go to the left and around the fort. You'll soon come to a cliff where there is water below you. Now turn to your left again and jump up the rocks a bit. The chest is right there.

The starting quests and scenes are getting some changes to make the New User Experience better. I'd love to see this chest remain as an exploration point, perhaps with a note hinting that something was left behind here by smugglers or whatever. But the actual starting quest should be simpler. There is also a disconnect between potentially finding the items on his body in the tutorial (when you're encouraged not to loot the bodies in the tutorial) and then somehow people just randomly moved his items to a chest. And in the current implementation, it is possible to get the items in the tutorial scene AND the chest later, which is weird.

Lebu likes this.
  6. Lebu

Lebu Bug Hunter

[​IMG] Wow...That was kind of silly. I would have never thought to look up there at the edge of the scene. I was asking the NPC's about Quincy and they were unresponsive as well. Thanks for the help!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Devoran

Devoran Avatar

I guess they have since taken this out, as I'm in the exact same spot and there is no chest.

8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Is this part broken. I went to look for the chest for research sake and i have not see it.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The chest was removed a long time ago.

10. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Thanks darlin.....now i can continue my story without too many missteps. Took a bit of license on some stuff but want to be remotely accurate. LOL

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.