Good XP spot for AL 50 s/b blades?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Aelender, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aelender

Aelender Avatar

The free xp train from truth/love/courage and outskirts zones has been used up and now progress is slow...any good XP zone recommendations for blades AL 50? (the fewer <expletive> ranged I have to run down the better)

Thanks in advance!

Numa and Earl Atogrim von Draken like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

serpent spine foothills is 4-skull and all melee. watch for serpent scales on the ground, this is one of the few places you can gather them. twins foothills is five-skull and all melee, with a pocket of tier 6 rogues in one corner that goes up to tier 8 swashbucklers at night.

Numa, FrostII, discipleofweb and 2 others like this.
  3. Aelender

Aelender Avatar

Thanks, will check it out!

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Wait, we got a system in place that can change spawns based on the time of day?! How did I miss that??!!

Numa likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

release 41! ...if that was the first use of it.

there's even code for the same spawns behaving differently by time of day. remember when all the skeletons were super-speed at night?

Numa and Earl Atogrim von Draken like this.
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I really have to read the patch notes more careful. But they are long and I am lazy ^^

Numa and Alley Oop like this.
  7. Alley Oop

aside from the fact that i almost always proofread them, i find it's easier, once they're published, to copy them out to another document, delete the bits i don't care about, and reorganize the rest in a way that makes sense to me for things to check out in the release. hmmm... not done with my list for 51 yet, either.

8. Cock of the North

Cock of the North Avatar

You can ethnically cleanse Kobolds to your hearts desire with whirling blades in Naryad Woods in Norgard until you get repetitive strain injuries from looting them.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Go look at player created resources on training skills.

Remember to NEVER let your exp poll drop bellow 100k when you are training. At lower levels it starts to use a smaller and smaller percentage of your pool.
    ** this does not change the amount of exp needed but exponentially the time and number of skill uses needed to gain.**

You have to start watching the number of skills you are training - at 80 all skills start to use a percentage of your pool.
    ** same as above it does not change the amount of exp needed to gain a level just how long it take - # of times a skill is used**

Aside from that you need to be killing anything you can handle at the top of your abilities. If you can kill it and still make a increase in your pool while training skill you are doing good. (even just keeping your pool current could be considered a win if training a bunch of skills)

Key points -
    1. Never let pool go below 100K
    2. Manage your skills especially when they get to 80.
    3. Kill things and train skills that allow you to gain in your pool (at least maintain it)
    As for locations - that is up to you to explore and figure out but Tier 4 and 5s, even sieges would be good. If you are looking for loot also humanoids as critters only give resources.

Numa and FrostII like this.
  10. Aelender

Aelender Avatar

Thanks for the good tips, ventured into the Serpent mines (foothills xp was not great) and found a good xp spot killing slimes and water elementals (ranged but not terrible to deal with). Decent respawn rate and ore/gems between kills, good usage of sawblade sweep combo on slimes (luckily they bleed).

Thanks again for the help!

Numa likes this.
  11. Majestic

Majestic Avatar

I have read in a few places where skill gain per use is a percentage taken from your pool, is there a link to an actual source of this as I can't seem to find any. Also any links to the player guides you mentioned would be helpful. Old backer returning here and trying to get my skills up now.

12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

What is wrong with ranged? <pets longbow>

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.