Throwing Daggers

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Belladonna Rose, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Would be really cool to be able to throw a dagger...at a target dummy or mob. You could wear a bandalero like a quiver and it holds so many daggers. This would be a really cool feature. Not sure where the skill would go in the skill trees. Blades or Subterfuge. Or possibly both.
    My thought on this was trying to think of things to do for festival events. Easy enough. Archery contests. One shot per person. Highest damage wins that round. And so on. Would be cool to have dagger throwing or axe throwing contests as well.
    "Game that should not be named" we used to have spring and fall festivals . Lots of different things going on. Crafting contests, net tosses, scavenger hunts. Doing this again in Sota would be a lively event for sure.

Numa, Addison and Fiero Steele like this.
  2. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Been requested many many times and I thought I have seen it on the "make it into game" list several times too. Not sure what the status of that any more. Last time they talked about it they were "working on the tech". So... maybe soon... maybe never. You really never know here.

Addison likes this.
  3. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Can have a knife holster like V for Vendatta does. While we are on the discussion about throwing daggers. Also throwing axes would be really cool :).

Addison likes this.
  4. Addison

Addison Avatar

I love this idea, so cool. :)

5. redfish

redfish Avatar

It would have to be handled like caltrops and explosive potions already are -- a consumable that can stack. Then things like throwing axes, too.

We just need a Thrown Weapon skill in Subterfuge. Then maybe Thrown Weapon Recovery (like arrow recovery) as a secondary skill.

Numa likes this.
  6. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Well, the Ranged skill tree is Ranged not Bow, so throwing daggers and axes could easily just use those skills. If they could just be placed in your secondary slot, they would go well with other weapon skills (and would be easily swappable to use shields or dual wield).

Would make the Juggle Knives emote more fun to have. Need to get a Juggle Axes one to go with it.

7. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson ... True, they could do it that way too.. Although throwing is short range and kind of a different skill than long range targeting. Then you have to reconcile this with Draw Strength, Rapid Fire, Multi Shot etc and I'm just thinking it might make more sense to treat them separately. Plus throwing axes would he more expensive than arrows, so might make sense to treat more like a one off weapon, though you're right that it would make sense to devoting a free hand to wielding them, too.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Numa and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  8. Numa

Numa Avatar

i'm thinking that the proposed Throw Weapon skill should have the Offhand Attack skill as a dependency. Simply put, any weapon you can hold in your left hand you can throw :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.