Question about combining accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fenrus MacRath, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

HI! I recently purchased an unopened Royal Founder Collector account from the Kick starter period. It has not been logged into and all of the rewards are unclaimed. I was told by Sarah from Customer service , that as long as nothing has been claimed, it can be combined with my benefactor adventurer account if I purchase a $25 customer service token. That said, what would the draw backs of me doing this? I have been playing my current character since persistence, and the thought of grinding out another 2 years of new character is a bit daunting. do I get an additional benefactor account? do I still get both sets of physical rewards? It seems like I would be giving up everything that my benefactor adventurer account already has and only receiving the benefits above and beyond. Has anyone done this who can share their experience with me? Am I missing anything? Any benefits I might not be thinking about?

Thank you!

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I actually did this but that was four years ago.
    I think the best way is either to ask support or write a short pm to Berek.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No
    No
    Correct.
    Yes. However back in the day before persistence it was a way to combine a large pledge with grandfathered rewards from an early kickstarter tier.
    So it makes much less sense now.

Conveniance of one account
    Non-transferable rewards to main account, like
    Crystal swords
    Coat of Arms
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/heraldry-items.109332/
    Bank slots upgrade (old got more)
    Emotes
    Titles
    etc​

So check the Non-transferable rewards in the wiki and think about it.
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Collector_(Founder)
    That heraldry thingie is a big one for lots of players, if you want one you'd most likely want a RF one.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There is really no need to combine them all that is really different is the items. You can still receive the non digital items from the RF account to your house. and any real benefits are just digital and can be transferred from a plain old nothing char to yours in game. Now if it has other digital things like the Custom Avatar? 3rd char, . . . I would contact support and get them moved. I would not combine them if you end up losing the duplicates from the original account.

I know this is your main concern, so make sure they explain it thru support.

Fenrus MacRath likes this.
  5. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I had two pledges attached to a single account, one purchased at Kickstarter, the other in Summer 2015. I had to get Portalarium support to move the later one to a new account so I could access it. So, be aware that if you transfer the entire account to an existing account, that account can only access the original character. There is no way to log in and select the second account.

Numa and Fenrus MacRath like this.
  6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

they dont really merge the accounts they move the benefits of one to another - the second account becomes even less than a trial account.

As a result you wouldnt get 2 sets of stuff.. only the 1.

Numa, Fenrus MacRath and Weins201 like this.
  7. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Thank you all for your very appreciated responses! Has anyone ever heard of support simply moving a character from one account to another? effectively moving my main char to the RF account and leaving the benefactor adventurer account as is, simply without a character created? Then I could go in and make a new character on the Benefactor adventurer account and use it as a bank character and my main would take the primary slot on the RF account. Or am I dreaming here?
    lol

8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

9. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Fenrus MacRath We cannot move a character from one account to another.

The rewards will default to the highest tier pledge if you have two or more pledges on an account. (This is NOT the case for bundles and game access, FYI.)

For any other details, feel free to write me again at support@portalarium.com.

Mirjhaf Uth'Mathar likes this.
  10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Here is your answer you would in essence have ONE account just higher tier so would lose all items from the level of you current account or lower. That is why I said just transfer all the items.

11. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

@Fenrus MacRath

Given that you only had an Benefactor Adventurer tier account prior to this according to your post, you didn't have any physical rewards to lose.

Here is what you have already:

Adventurer Tier
    Special pre-launch Benefactor price of $45
    The Replenishing Snowball Box
    This is a magical box of 50 snowballs that regenerates annually during the holiday season.
    Coconut Horse
    Unfortunately, mounts were out of scope for Episode 1. However, we have raised enough funds to give all backers the next best thing: coconuts that sound like horses when banged together! You even get to pantomime trotting around like a horse while you bang them! Read More
    Exclusive Title
    Available only to pre-launch backers, your in-game avatar will receive the honorific title of "Benefactor" to be proudly displayed for all to see (title visibility controlled by player).
    Episode I
    DRM-Free Digital Download of Episode I
    Early Access
    Exclusive Early Bird Alpha + Beta Access (estimated Alpha delivery in December 2013)

So basically... by adding the RF Collector pledge to your account, the only "downsides" are:
    1. You are paying 25$
    2. You don't get a second snowball box.
    3. You don't have two accounts with game access, but then most people don't need multiple accounts.

Personally, I would move the pledge to your account.

Elwyn and Weins201 like this.
  12. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Can't move a character and rewards default to the highest tier pledge. So in this scenario:

1. Have a low level pledge with a high level character.
    2. Bought a high level pledge with a very low or non-played character.

What happens? How do you decide which "account" and thus in game character to keep? The default highest rewards in the high level pledge are moved to your low level pledge?

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

that is the issue they are not Moved - they are merged and duplicates are thrown out -

So if you have a pledge with tools and what not you basically get those + the upgrades. Now if you transferred the items from one account to the other you would have 2 of all the items from the lower pledge + the same from the higher pledge AND the things above.

Now if all he has is the Ancestor Level which has nothing but game access then not a big deal but say he was an eldermann - if you had two accounts you basically have two of everything eldermann and then the extra - Moving them - if you merge them like Serafina says you only end up with one of everything.

Does that explain Merge / Move?

Mykll likes this.
  14. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

With the in game items, yes. But I was more concerned with the in game character. You merge 2 accounts. Which in game character do you keep? The character on the older account? The character on the higher pledge account? The higher level character? Can you even pick which character to keep on the new account?

15. Nick

Nick Avatar

I believe there should only be 1 in game character. Since the RFaccount is 'unopened'.

Numa likes this.
  16. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

So you can only merge accounts if at least one of them is unused?

17. Nick

Nick Avatar

To be honest, I did not believe they would allow that. But it seems like they do.

18. Fenrus MacRath

Fenrus MacRath Avatar

Ok, so I made a mistake, The old account is an immortal adventurer $55, but I think its the same idea, only one more question, what happens to my Darkstar Telethonrewards that the lesser account has due? do I still get those if I transfer?

19. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

if you read this for it wording you only will get one SET of Darkstarrt stuff - it is a Merge - NOT combination

Ask Support for the specifics the forums are not the place to get the real answer

Make sure oyu are very VERY specific what you are wanting and sking for - in essence you should get two DS sets, if not do NOT do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.