Tactic Specialization Question

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Uncle Ben, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Hello, I got a few questions about Tactic Specialization bonuses, hopefully the folks who has it can help me out with answering them.

1) Does the Parrying bonus acquired from Offhand Attack stacks with the bonus from Parry active skill?

2) Does Offhand Attack gets 6th Glyph when Tactic Specialization hits lv 80?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Numa, FrostII and Sara Dreygon like this.
  2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

1) Yes, each Offhand Attack at L80 tactics specialization adds +10 Parry modifier to whatever you already have active from using Parry and whatever you might have from the Offhand Defense innate. Each use of Offhand Attack resets the +10 Parry modifier.

2) Yes it does :D.

Uncle Ben, Numa and FrostII like this.
  3. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Avatar

Thanks for the detailed response @Sara Dreygon
    I was deciding between Earth and Tactics Specialization.
    I guess I will be going with Tactics seeing the parrying from Offhand attack is pretty powerful in addition to the Stances penalty reduction.

FrostII, disynthetic and Sara Dreygon like this.
  4. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

I love the damage boost for Berserker Stance, and since I also use Air Shield, I love the diminished slowing effect from Passive Stance. I might take Passive Stance to 120 now that I'm sort of "locked in" to my Tactics tree. I'll basically double down on everything in that tree I can use due to the Specialization.

It's worth noting that my choice on this specialization is valuable to me even as an Ranged Combat character. Maybe I'll eventually regret not choosing Ranged Combat as a specialization, but Air and Tactics fit my playstyle far too well to pass up.

Viva la Berserker!

FrostII likes this.
  5. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I'm Air as well but have at the moment chosen light armour which I'm liking but there's only really 2 in the school that i want to use, flurry and dodge. Tactics is calling me as i can see there's a few options there depending on how you want to play. Have you looked at Light armour at all yourself? and if so can i ask your views on it. Also the focus regen boost for passive stance is a % still it seems from tooltip, how are you finding the regen rate, noticeable?

FrostII likes this.
  6. the Lacedaemonian

the Lacedaemonian Avatar

The regeneration rate isn't too bad at my level, 85. I do think 120 will be near 2%. Not sure what that's based off of, but I think it's a good "Defensive Stance" for an Air Shield build.

Bow Vale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.