Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 52 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here is a VERY early VERY rough draft of the Release 52 Instructions Post. As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R51 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here> or are blank. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

NOTE: Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!
    NOTE2: This is a VERY early draft, much earlier than most (as is our QA build) so lots of stuff still in progress, including the text itself, features, content, etc.

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Sad :
    • Trade Block until Adventuring Level 15: To combat fraud, we are now blocking trade between players until they reach at least adventuring level 15 (which represents a few hours of gameplay).

Aww. This is such a shame, gift packs for noobs is gonna have to stop

Chatele, Lesni and Tamsen like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@DarkStarr... Will we be able to use the Eternal Pattern to produce multiple items with the same heraldry, or only one at a time? I.E. After we salvage the original item, and use the Eternal Pattern to reshape another object, will the Eternal Pattern be embedded in that new object, or will it be available to craft other similar objects?

I could easily see uses especially for Multiple Banners... will this be possible?

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

HAH!!!

Spoon likes this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Redundant... Perhaps: For those wanting more thematic decor for their garden or farm

6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

It's actually a total of 16 rentable room...

(We shan't get so pedantic as to point out the rentable closet 'neath the stairs.)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The drawing will occur and winners will be announced in R53.

8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Think all it needs is ' The drawing will occur in R53'....cant have winners without a drawing and they must come after..

Or...to cover all..

'The drawing will occur in R53 and winners announced thereafter'

9. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Duration not indicated on the new blessings?

10. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Has anyone found the taming shrine? I want to test it!

Duke Gréagóir and Bow Vale like this.
  11. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

i know one shrine is in Middle Down. Cant remember which one. It didnt last long at all. Hopefully it will last longer than the trouble its worth to solve the puzzle.

Rinaldi and majoria70 like this.
  12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

maybe you can use a public chest to give away those gift packs or a secret vendor where you list all your gifts at 1 to 10 gold each and direct them to it... :)

13. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

I checked South Longfall, no shrine there.

14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

• "The devastation of this new shardfall has exposed an ancient crypt, corrupting the resident lich lord by and transforming him into a unique Obsidian Lich who uses Chaos Magic (much like the Chaos Daemon). Slaying the Obsidian Lich can reward you with a unique Obsidian Lich Helm."
    • Blood River Forest: Blood River Forest is a Tier 3 adventuring area in the Longfall region, north of Blood River Outskirts. Elves in the region have built a fish hatchery using by diverting local waterways. These elves are highly suspicious to of all outsiders because of the due to recent events around Blood River with the involving vigilante groups. The area also includes the ruins of an ancient stepped pyramid and an abandoned copper stripmine. This scene contains a puzzle that rewards awards the new Invigoration blessing (see New Blessings in Combat Section below for details).

• Names on Brittany Graveyard Tombstones/Domesday Book/Credits Page: Players will be able to select what name they wish to display in these locations via a name entry function on their account page.
      Name Entry: In Release 51, we added the ability for eligible players to select the name they wish to display in these locations. This is done using a name entry function on their account page. They Eligible players can modify these as much as they wish, but once locked and submitted, they’ll need to purchase a change voucher to modify your their submission.
    • Blessing of Elemental Tolerance: +20 resistance and -10 attunement to earth, air, fire, water. (The net effect is they Players will be less effective with these spells BUT will have a net 15 point boost to these resistances.)
    • Blessing of Magic Tolerance: +20 resistance and -10 attunement to sun, moon, life, death. (The net effect is they Players will be less effective with these spells BUT will have a net 15 point boost to these resistances.)
      [I added "these" resistances in case there was ambiguity and players read "+20 resistance" as being standalone ie. resist all and -10 attunement relating to the specified trees]
    • Malefic Liches: These high level Liches can be found only in the Ruins maps. If defeated, they may drop Hooded Lich Helms which can be worn as-is or salvaged for a chance at their patterns.
      [Doesn't hurt to reinforce that patterns are not guaranteed]
    • Obsidian Lich (Lord?): This Obsidian version of The Obsidian Lich Lord uses Chaos Magic (like Daemons). If defeated, they may drop Obsidian Lich Helms which can worn as is or salvaged for a chance at their patterns.

Rinaldi and Pawz like this.
  15. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

from my puzzle thread post on the Middle Downs puzzle: Blessing of Courage is a buff of +25 strength and + 5 hit points every 5 seconds. The buff lasts 90 seconds.
    This blessing did not last long enough to make it worthwhile IMO.

Hopefully they will extend the buff duration to 5 minutes or more, and then they might actually be useful:p

I think these blessings will not come from a devotional-type shrine, they will be granted by solving a puzzle or competing a task. An example is the Middle Downs Puzzle (link above). After you solve the puzzle, you push a button on the floor and it gives you the blessing.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Snikorts and Rentier like this.
  16. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

A 90 second buff has to be a bug, there would be no point in running over to get a 90 second buff.

Snikorts, Dhanas and majoria70 like this.
  17. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

• R53 Lot Deed Raffle Tickets: The Lot Deed Raffle returns in Release 52. Raffle tickets can be purchased with in game gold from home merchants. Each person can only win a single deed of each type (maximum of one place anywhere and one POT). The drawing and winners will be in R53.
    Do you mean account or per avatar?

18. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

EDIT: Feedback removed since I was mistaken.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  19. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the mode was always misnamed. it never had anything to do with your friends list, it's always been who you're in a pary with. this caused understandable confusion with people who read the name "friends mode" and expected to see their friends.

liz_the_wiz, Barugon and Numa like this.
  20. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Oh! In that case I take everything back and declare the opposite! I am one of those who expected to see my friends! I'll remove my feedback. Thanks!

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.