Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[By design] 649 - First Offline try not possible to enter game without internetconnection

Discussion in 'Offline Mode' started by Rentier, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

1. Title: 649 - First Offline try not possible to enter game without internetconnection
    2. Reproduction Rate:3/3
    3. Blocker?YES - could not play Offline
    4. Details:
      Because of problems with the internetconnection today i tested to play the QA-session Offline

But after clicking Offline in Main menu it asked me about my Username and Password

because my internet was down it declined the verification

-> I could not enter Avatar - creation without internetconnection

As soon as i got internetconnection again I tried again and now i could start making my avatar in Offline after entering my credentials
      closing the client and restart I didn't need to enter my credentials to start Offline (I don't know if it verified something online because the internet was on again
    5. Steps to Reproduce: have no internetconnection and try to start QA in Offline for the very first time
    6. User Specs: see sig

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Rentier
    That's actually by design. The very first time you do need an internet connection. It will want to make sure you agreed to the EULA if you haven't yet, so it will also check for that. But after that you won't need it. If we could go without needed it for the set up portion I'm sure we would :)

Rentier likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i know it's a hard tech challenge, but i think you guys may have to poke at it again.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/faqs

• Will this game be DRM-free? Once released, how will it be distributed?
      The offline single player version of the game for those who purchase it through KickStarter will not use any form of DRM. We had been holding off on committing to that because we don’t know what our final distribution system (Steam, GOG, etc) is going to be and some of them use DRM. We may have DRM of some sort on post-KS sales but we’ll commit to keeping KS versions DRM and “phone home” free for the single player version once launched.

Last updated: Mon, March 11 2013 8:23 PM EDT

Rentier likes this.
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

there is no way for the installer to know if it is installing on a kickstarter backer computer or not

A way around this would be to give out Keys for the backers but that is a lot of work to implement in the installer without "phone home"..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.