Upcoming changes to crafting in R 53 - Gold Inflation and more Items for vendors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

From the latest tech talk with Chris (starting at min 58) :

The change to crafting ..Right now players dont sell the good stuff because lot of it blows up during masterwork/enchant so the change coming up for R53 ....when you get a failure on crafting, instead of destroying the item it will remove a little durability and then lock the item so it can no longer be enchanted further.

They can now sell those things to a npc merchant and recoup some of the losses. Those crafted items will then go into a loot table and youll be able to find em whille killing mobs in instances.

1. Gold Inflation.Increased gold value for items , crafters gona pull gold from npc vendors now...lots of it just by selling what they craft. Might be a good time to also switch the currency model from '' i have 10.000.000 gold '' to maybe i have '' 950 platinum and 50 gold coins ''

2.Items barely sell now..imagine when they no longer get destroyed whats gonna happen with the crafting economy .

3. If i make 500 wands - get a few good ones for myself and rest i sell to an NPC vendor...theres gonna be 500 wands out there as loot drops ... how will anyone sell wands to players anymore ?

4.More high end items on vendors ...everyone will keep pushing items now as high possible ..its no longer matter of luck or having that 2-3 % extra success chance but a matter of who has the most resources to overcome the failure process. Yes we wil have better and MORE items on vendor ..their prices however will be in 6 months ...at material costs..because everyone can now make it...eventually.

5.I watched the video they said this is gonna fix the'' crafting issues' ...got to ask how is putting even more items in the game, then we already have, gonna HELP the crafting economy.If people can find crafted items in the loot table, and are satisfied with what they find ... will there be any need left for better gear . Will you also create incentives for people to have better gear ?

6.Its not too late for my rune idea , it will help clear out alot of junk items out of the economy, with the new locked items feature , players will have a choice get a nice success runes to help you on your next masterwork or sell to NPC for gold inflate the gold market :
    - Salvage a + 1 item get a 1% succes when masterwork/enchant rune
    -Salvage a + 2 item get a 2% rune
    -Combine 2 x 1% runes get a 2 % rune
    -Combine 2 x 5% rune get a 6% rune
    - Make runes for leather, blacksmith, carpentry so on.

7. Lets say ill craft 50 obsidian chests plates - 1 is really good, 5 will be good, 10 will be moderated and rest just crap stats ... How many of those 50 obsidian chests plates will be sold to an NPC vendor ? Lets say the Npc vendor gives me 500 gold for a chest plate .. WIll you sell it to NPC or you will rather sell the 30 crap ones for 600 gold to players ? Lets say the NPC will give you 10k gold for a chest ... will you hold on to it and try to sell it for 11k to a player or to an NPC for 10k... How long will it be until we have 100 chests in the basements with stuff that people just dont wanna sell to NPC because they feel they can get few hundreds more gold by selling to a player?

8. How will the Item price when sold to an NPC be set ? Will that determine the value of raw materials in the game in the future ? Once the market and vendors are oversaturated (were already there )with items will selling/buying raws become a matter of ...'' if i craft this with the raw mats i buy and sell it to NPC i can get 1 gold more ?''

9.Raw material prices - If the incentives to sell crafted stuff to NPC are too high the raw materials will rise in prices . If the incentives to sell to NPC are low ..the raw material will drop in price , because crafting 50 chests ..will net you 50 chests , and you wont be crafting chests anytime soon again. How will you balance this ?

10.How many times will an item generate gold when being sold to an NPC ? I craft it and sell it to NPC get 1000 gold for it. Another player gets it as loot drop , but because the item is crap he sells it back to the NPC , and goes back into the loot table again ?If this happens 100 times means 1 item can generate 100.000 gold from an NPC ...multiply that to gazillion items and we're all gonna have 100 mil + in gold . If an item loses its value after first being sold by the crafter say from 1000 gold goes to 10-20 gold ...that basically means that the loot will still remain crap for those who fight monsters because they end up with just another item with crap stats which value remains same as other dropped mob loot... but it will have a maker mark on it.

11. We should have other options for the items we craft , then just sell to NPC or sell on player vendor.

12. The Numbers...and the gear that will enter loot table.

Lets take 100 items through the process of masterwork/enchant.
    95% chance -5 of 100 will be locked with 1 masterwork/enchant - 5 will go to the loot table with 1 masterwork ( by being sold to NPC vendor)
    95 survive first round. Second round begins with 87 % ...83 items will survive with 2 masterworks - 12 will go to the loot table with 2 masterworks ( by being sold to NPC vendor)
    third round out of 83 items - 42 will survive and 41 will go to the loot table with 3 masterworks ( by being sold to NPC vendor)
    Assuming it ends here that will be 58 crap items going to the loot table with just 1,2,3 masterworks( by being sold to NPC vendor)
    Enchant rounds
    1. out of 42 items 39 will survive with 95% chance - 3 will go to loot table with 3 ms/1 enchant ( by being sold to NPC vendor)
    2. out of 39 items ,33 will survive with 86 % chance -6 will no longer go to the loot tables because 3 ms/2 enchant is good for the player vendor
    3. out of 33 items 16 will survive with 48% chance - 17 will no longer go to loot table because who would vendorise to NPC a 3/3 item :rolleyes:

Once those 3/3, 4/4 items start piling up on vendors..because everyone is already wearing them the issue will be ..should i sell that 3/3 to NPC for 1000 gold or should i try to convince a player to give me 1100 gold. If the market gets that bad and im forced to sell a good item to NPC ..it will make matters even worse... i will no longer sell a 3/3 item to a player that can/or already found it on a trash mob... the more 3/3 enter the loot table the harder will be to sell 3/3 gear...crafters will try push for higher to sell their stuff ...like 4/4 ...once 4/4 its sold to enough players it will begin being sold to NPC ...it enters the loot table ..and the cycle begins again ...4/4 gear becomes unsellable.. because you can find it as loot from mobs..its a neverending cycle that forces crafters to make better and better gear just so they can sell until BETTER is no longer a possibility, and selling to NPC vendor takes over..at least thats how i see it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  2. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

well, this should be an interesting thread.

Cordelayne, Elrond, Tamsen and 4 others like this.
  3. Nietzsche

Nietzsche Avatar

Why do you want to sell it to an NPC merchant when it would surely be worth more on a player vendor?

Nelzie likes this.
  4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

BECAUSE i want loot with MY producer tag in NPC monsters ^^
    Damn i would even sell succsessful attemps to NPCs if the stuff would go to the loot pool!

Lained, Cordelayne, Nelzie and 2 others like this.
  5. twofoldsilence

twofoldsilence Avatar

That's awesome. Time to finally start seeing some interesting PC made loot.

6. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

That makes sense. Although I am worried the already flooded market of less than ideal gear will be even more flooded, it's better than losing the item.

This doesn't make any sense to me. The gear we sell to vendors will be dropped from monsters? Am I misunderstanding that?

Snikorts, LiquidBlaze and Nelzie like this.
  7. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

has it yet been confirmed that this actually happens?

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Nope. Tagging @Chris in the hope he finds the time to answer this one question ^^

Man you could even make games. Craft ONE RING TO BIND THEM ehhh...i mean one ring. One simple plain ring. Sell it to a vendor and go like "oh i lost my ring, the person who brings it back to me will get ETERNAL DAMANTIOn ehhh....250.000 gold i mean".

Retlaw, Nikko, Lace and 2 others like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

10. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Does this answer your query?

Actually, this time stamp may be the more direct answer to your question

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  11. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Well if the Vendor Price is decent enough...

I tend to have a LOT of lesser quality or mundane items I place on clearance vendor for next to nothing just to recoup costs. If I was in a hurry for gold, I'd be tempted to drop 20-30 items for quick cash. Knowing they would make it into the drop pools is just extra advertising, right?

12. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Player made items going into the loot table is an awesome idea. I think it will work well.

13. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter

personally, i'll miss the gamble.

i do like the idea of feeding the loot tables/economy. but, i'd like to still have a chance of blowing it up and getting back mats. even if it was just a 50/50 for explode/lock.

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hmmm this is interesting. I know in early days it was thought that player crafted weapons and armor would make it into loot table. Really that is not a bad idea to add to loot. I have heard numerous players complain you can't find special armor in this game in loot. So hopefully this will be done and it will improve the loot tables in more interesting ways.

Now to have other things like crafting dailies could give points to furniture or furniture reward. When fishing is updated daily fishing quests could give rewards of new fishing recipes, new fishing poles. And other dailies to give appropriate reward for the type of quest they are. Like bounty hunter dailies or weeklies even or other pvp quests to get trophies or other incentives.

Lace likes this.
  15. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Having gear sold to a vendor appear on monsters just makes no sense at all to me...

Items barely sell at all now, it's only going to get worse after this change if it goes in.

16. Drasvar Spiderglum

Drasvar Spiderglum Avatar

So if I find someone else's crap on a mob, and sell it to a npc merchant, does it go back into the loot table, or is it just stuff I've crafted myself?

Nietzsche, LiquidBlaze and Arc like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And whose saying it will be crap. A normally blown-up tier 15 would be awesome to find especially for a new player and plus it will be able to be sold back and recycled again if desired. I don't even own a tier 15 at all. Sure there might be unforeseen things but we can feedback the system to give ideas about how this experience is for us when and if it comes in. This was always the plan talked about in early days. I am happy to see it re-visited

Nikko and Senash Kasigal like this.
  18. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

If its something a player would purchase off a vendor, it seems unlikely one would sell it to a merchant at a substantial loss in order for it to enter the loot table.

Lace and LiquidBlaze like this.
  19. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

On a funny note ...this got me thinking if we could craft underwear and someone messages me ...dude i found your underwear...on a mob ...want it back ?

Albus, Lace, Vodalian and 6 others like this.
  20. Drasvar Spiderglum

Drasvar Spiderglum Avatar

Yes there will likely be some nice stuff but I expect there will be a lot more rubbish. And if the good stuff gets kept and the rubbish goes back into the loot pool it's gonna get diluted very quickly. If they go ahead with this stuff should only go into the loot table once imo.

Nikko, Lace and LiquidBlaze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.